Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.2

.5% Salicylic Acid

on 4/30/2016 9:40:00 AM

Background information about my skin: I have combination but it is leaning towards oily, i have very sensitive skin with moderate breakouts, i have tried oil free cleansers but it does not get rid of the oil at all and severely drys out my other skin

As i said i have very oily skin, just ask my glasses. Anyway i was at target and remembered i needed a new face wash so i grabbed these. In one day my clogged pores are empty and my skin feels very fresh. I am not sensitive to fragrance but if you are these may not be for you as they have a very strong cucumber scent. Overall i like these but if i would purchase it again after running out i am almost positive that i would.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used this for the first time this morning, it made my face feel clean and refreshed but of course tight and dry like all the Clear Complexion products. But that's not the reason I'm only giving it 1 lippie. I bought this from CVS because there was a sale if you bought a certain amount of Aveeno products. I bought two different types of the make-up wipes, which so far I love, and this. It wasn't until this morning that I looked at the ingredient list and was appalled. there are THREE different types of parabens in this product, one of which is the second inactive ingredient. Will not be using this unless I run out of everything else somehow. It is sitting under my sink now. Absolutely ridiculous, especially since Aveeno is not a dirt cheap brand.

These are great for the lazy person in me. If I'm getting home after a late night, they're just great! I can easily wash my face over the sink and get off to bed. I don't really use them often enough to tell whether they really help to clear me up (I only use them like once every couple weeks), however they definitely don't cause any new breakouts to form.

It's nice that they have a smooth side and a scrubby side, because I can exfoliate if I want.

The reason I took off a lippie for packaging is because I wish the top was a flip top like the Positively Ageless Cleansing Pads. It's a lot more convenient than the twist off top on these ones. I have to unscrew the top, take out a pad, and then try to screw the top back on while still holding the pad I just got out, or I have to leave it open until I'm done washing. It's a picky thing, but it would still be nice.

on 1/30/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this every morning as a nice refresher for my face. Scrubbed at my face with the rough side and then smoothed it away with the softer side, and then rinsed my face clean.

I didn't notice that my skin was glowing but I also didn't have any nasty breakouts as I tend to do. (Probably because this was in conjunction with my HG facial wash) It did the job of refreshing my face and waking me up in the morning, and the smell is pleasant and clean; nothing overbearingly fragrant or chemically smelling (as some acne products tend to do)

It's a really nice idea and I think they should make bigger sizes, so I don't have to always go to CVS to pick them up.

on 8/14/2010 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Edit: I believe I had a problem with the Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate ingredient in particular, not the SA. Cleansers with it seem to cause lots of dryness problems on people with sensitive skin.

I would not recommend these pads for sensitive skin. At first I really liked them and my skin was looking a little bit better day after day. Then after about five days I started getting a flaked rash around the forehead and clogged pores in the most random of places. I stopped using these pads and the problems faded away. Too harsh, and too expensive. Once again hit with the truth that non-gentle cleansers are horrible on my skin type.

on 2/5/2010 8:58:00 PM

I bought this in hopes of it working in conjunction with my acne medication (differin) to clear my skin. After using it for three weeks, here are my thoughts:

- I love the scent; it's pure and refreshing to me!
- Leaves my face feeling very clean and freshened.

- However, I found the exfoliating side to be too harsh and abrasive to my skin. My acne hasn't gotten much worse, BUT my cheeks and nose area have pink patches. These pads aren't gentle enough for me. Plus, they sting!

on 9/1/2009 2:19:00 AM

I have occasional breakouts and began using this product to remove my make up at night. It broke out my forehead so badly, and also gave me a few pimples on my upper lip and cheek, where I usually never get acne. These are going in the trash can. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! There are two sides. One that is soft and removes makeup, and another that is rougher to scrub the skin. It works great, and since ive been using it i havent broken out at all. The only bad thing is that i go through them very quickly

on 3/8/2008 9:24:00 PM

Tis is an overall good product, but its very little pricey if you want to use it twice a day

I love the fact that this is Non-Comogenic, and Soap free. Ladies, that is what EVERY cleanser SHOULD have on their labels.

I found this to be an average cleanser. Nothing special or extraordinary about it. So far I've been breakout free but I wouldn't give all the credit to this. I stopped using certain foundations and I feel it is because I stopped using them :) Takes off my makeup well, but not my eye makeup as much as my Olay Daily Facials did.

One thing I dislike about this is the bulky packaging, but considering the shape and size of the pads, I don't see how the tub could be any smaller.