Nature's Gate Organics Camomile and Lemon Verbena

Nature's Gate Organics Camomile and Lemon Verbena

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 6/22/2009 10:02:00 AM

I wanted to love this, but sadly, it didn't work for me. On any level. At the store, I appreciated the scent - it was natural and fresh. At home, it was cloying. The lack of a generous lather sucks, for me, because I feel like it's not cleaning my hair... and even though that might just be my imagination, what isn't imaginary is the lack of volume my hair has after using this. It feels coated, dragged down, and limp. Usually that's the result of crappy conditioner, but I haven't changed conditioners, and my hair doesn't respond this way to any other combination. I can't even bring myself to finish the bottle, so no, I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/24/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like some of the other reviewers, I have had a hard time finding a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't irritate my scalp. I have tried everything it seems. So I had found this at Grocery Outlet and picked it up for my husband who tries to be macho and indifferent about what he washes his hair with (we all know they use the foo-foo stuff when they are in there). I waited for my red hair color to go down the drain, but it didn't happen. It didn't snarl my curls and best of all, my scalp isn't mad at me. They apparently changed the packaging so look for NG products at your local Big Lots/Gross Outlet/TJMaxx!

on 12/26/2008 11:11:00 PM

This is the first shampoo from NG's that actually moisturized my hair! I tried 2 others & they both stripped it to hell. This was totally different. I have fine, colored, dryish hair that's somewhat damaged. I def will be buying this again!

on 1/1/2008 12:37:00 PM

I picked this up at TJ Maxx for $3.99, and for the price, it's fine. It doesn't have a strong scent at all. It's a clean shampoo and it does get my hair skeaky clean, but I don't really notice anything spectacular about it.

on 12/10/2007 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hello! I recently purchased the S&C in this range.
Im pretty happy with the shampoo so far. It smells fresh and is not overpowering, it does a good job of cleaning without stripping and doesnt dry out or frizz my hair ! Hair is very soft and shiny once dry.
Doesnt weigh my hair down either.
Im not overly keen on the conditioner though, when used together my hair felt a quite dry (I did use them togther a few times ) BUT I use the shampoo now with a jessicurl too shea sample and they work fine together! However Im wanting to try other NG products.. !!
I have fine, lots of it hair that is dry and down to my shoulder blades.

Im in New Zealand and you can get it from various health stores for around $14-16 NZD

on 9/26/2007 9:15:00 AM

I bought this shampoo based on the reviews here. While I won't say it performed miracles on my hair, but it does nice things to my hair and scalp. I have a very sensitive scalp with some kind of weird buildup on it, and it helps and does not irritate my scalp at all (most shampoos do). My hair does not feel dry or stripped afterwards, but I've only used it a handful number of times. I'm not too keen on the herbally smell, it is almost too herbally. Then again I am preggers right now, and smells in general make me want to yack! :) But the smell does not stay around. Overall, a really nice, gentle shampoo. I am loving it! UPDATE: I think this shampoo started drying my hair out, it's still ok, but I found a better cheaper alternative.

on 6/19/2007 5:09:00 PM

My hands down favorite shampoo and conditioner. I discovered it when my best friend brought it with us on a 2-month trip through Europe and it kept my hair soft and luxurious even through the climates of 8 countries.

I've never found a shampoo that keeps my hair as manageable and fresh as this one and I have thick asian previously colour-treated hair. It's a godsend!

on 3/19/2007 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

i loved this shampoo but after 3 months of use my hair is as dry as a bone-it did a great job preserving my color but has left my hair drier now that the sahara desert and that is with using the conditioner and the deep conditioner.I ended up using the deep conditioner daily with no improvement. I just started using Mastey Traite shampoo so we will see if my hair improves!!! Bummed as i really liked this shampoo and matching conditioners.

on 9/25/2006 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

1st I must say I have searched FOREVER for a good shampoo and conditioner. It seems that if you get the 2 from the same line one works and the other sucks.
I've read a lot of reviews on here and Natures Gate ones stood out.
In my pre-color "Hippy years" I used the old natures gate line-and I was not impressed. I really wanted to use something that didn't dry out my hair and have a bunch of crap in it. We'll it didn't have all the sulfates but it simply didn't do any thing for my locks.
My hair after MANY years of coloring and heat styling has become a fried mess.
EVERYTHING moisturizing weights in down and usually does no good.
Not this-It cleanses well does not leave my hair in a rats nest and the matching condtioner detangles and moisturizers w/o making my hair greasy!!!
BTW I have medium, very fine hair but a lot of it.
The price is perfect. The only other Chemical shampoo I like is Matrix-Boilage color treated line.
**Update** it's been a few weeks and I still like the shampoo but the conditioner is not moisturizing enough for my fine very dry hair. oh well. But one thing I did discover here is using it in conjuction with the Alberto VO5 miracle mist to protect my hair b4 blow drying. maybe when my color grows out I can go back to using the conditioner.

on 3/12/2007 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

YES! YES! YES! I will definitely purchase this shampoo again. I love it!! I love the chamomile scent. It's delicious and strong but not overpowering or sickening. I was searching for a shampoo that didn't have a bunch of nonsense ingredients in it. Everything seems to be for straightening, curling, defrizzing, depoufing, volumizing blah blah blah... where's the plain old shampoo for normal hair!? Well, here it is. Finally. All the extra ingredients in shampoos always left my hair flat and my scalp itchy with little weird bumps or pimples. It was driving me bananas. After using this for a few days, those bumps went away. It makes an awesome soft lather, and makes hair feel super clean without feeling stripped. I also get a lot of shine and bounce to my hair. Smooth, natural and volumized without all the garbage that weighs my poor thick but fine, wavy hair down. And all for about six bucks Canadian at Walmart. Yay!!