ORIGINS All or Nothing Pressed Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.3

on 7/27/2009 4:12:00 PM

This is a pretty standard pressed powder but it's my HG and I'll repurchase over and over because it's one of the only pressed powders that I know of that does not contain Talc, which breaks me out horribly. I love this stuff.

on 2/20/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a pressed powder to remove shine, not cake or add color. This one was great. No caking and no overt color added. I like that the compact is round and easy to open, though not ornate. The mirror is good too. No complaints really.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Beautifully-textured fine pressed powder. Very light finish. Silicones and mica. One shade supposedly suits all.

Unless you're pale.

In which case this looks orange. If you're lucky, under flattering lighting conditions, this looks beige with a hint of peach. But in any case, not natural - not in the sense of natural meaning "the same shade as *my* skin." I think this may have changed colour on my skin, too, as it looked OK tested out in the shop and under natural light outside. Unfortunately the change was noticeable only after I'd bought it.

Not, therefore, recommended for the pale.

Pros: no reactions. Unfragranced. Great if you're looking for a talc-free powder. But there are many other pressed powders out there, for less money (this was EUR 27.00!!!), that do a better job. If you're absolutely set on Origins, their Silk Screen might be better for skin-matching shades - I found it too thick and foundation-y (well, it is mean to be one of those powder-foundation thingies) and too chalky a finish on me.

If you're in the UK or Ireland, and pale, and looking for a decent pressed powder, check out Boots No. 7 Perfect Light in Translucent and Barbara Daly for Tesco ultra-light in Fair.

INGREDIENTS: hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer - lauroyl lysine - zinc stearate - phenyl trimethicone - triethoxycaprylylsilane - dimethicone - hydroxyapatite - sorbitan sesquioleate - isostearyl neopentanoate - silica - trimethylsiloxyxilicate - tetrasodium edta - chlorphenesin - potassium sorbate - [ mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499)] continued >>