Origins All or Nothing Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this a million times. Absolutely perfect powder for me. It feels light, the color always adjusts beautifully (gives warmth when I'm pasty and cooler tones when I'm tan or red) has NEVER broken me out. You can apply it repeatedly without getting cakey and makeupy. It just gives your skin this smooth, healthy, non shiny glow. The best thing out there for sensitive reactive skin if you ask me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best powder on the market- ive tried 'em all. Doesn't cake or settle into pores. I can add over and over. The color balances out my complexion and softens my skin up. I have acne scarring and this makes it dissapear. Most importantly it does not break me out or itch. LOVE!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Beautifully-textured fine pressed powder. Very light finish. Silicones and mica. One shade supposedly suits all.

Unless you're pale.

In which case this looks orange. If you're lucky, under flattering lighting conditions, this looks beige with a hint of peach. But in any case, not natural - not in the sense of natural meaning "the same shade as *my* skin." I think this may have changed colour on my skin, too, as it looked OK tested out in the shop and under natural light outside. Unfortunately the change was noticeable only after I'd bought it.

Not, therefore, recommended for the pale.

Pros: no reactions. Unfragranced. Great if you're looking for a talc-free powder. But there are many other pressed powders out there, for less money (this was EUR 27.00!!!), that do a better job. If you're absolutely set on Origins, their Silk Screen might be better for skin-matching shades - I found it too thick and foundation-y (well, it is mean to be one of those powder-foundation thingies) and too chalky a finish on me.

If you're in the UK or Ireland, and pale, and looking for a decent pressed powder, check out Boots No. 7 Perfect Light in Translucent and Barbara Daly for Tesco ultra-light in Fair.

INGREDIENTS: hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer - lauroyl lysine - zinc stearate - phenyl trimethicone - triethoxycaprylylsilane - dimethicone - hydroxyapatite - sorbitan sesquioleate - isostearyl neopentanoate - silica - trimethylsiloxyxilicate - tetrasodium edta - chlorphenesin - potassium sorbate - [ mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499)] continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I almost forgot to review this! I keep it in my purse during summer mostly to control oil. it does a wonderful job, doesn't cake if I reapply, and has a soft sheer, natural finish. I highly recommend. If you're looking for coverage this isn't it though... this is good over makeup.