ORIGINS All or Nothing Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this Powder, It is the best I have ever used. It is light and yet covers amazingly. The only thing I do not like is that it lasts 2 months for 25 bucks is kinda steep. But then again, I love it. This is my HG powder. I would suggest anyone to try this.

on 7/27/2009 4:12:00 PM

This is a pretty standard pressed powder but it's my HG and I'll repurchase over and over because it's one of the only pressed powders that I know of that does not contain Talc, which breaks me out horribly. I love this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Beautifully-textured fine pressed powder. Very light finish. Silicones and mica. One shade supposedly suits all.

Unless you're pale.

In which case this looks orange. If you're lucky, under flattering lighting conditions, this looks beige with a hint of peach. But in any case, not natural - not in the sense of natural meaning "the same shade as *my* skin." I think this may have changed colour on my skin, too, as it looked OK tested out in the shop and under natural light outside. Unfortunately the change was noticeable only after I'd bought it.

Not, therefore, recommended for the pale.

Pros: no reactions. Unfragranced. Great if you're looking for a talc-free powder. But there are many other pressed powders out there, for less money (this was EUR 27.00!!!), that do a better job. If you're absolutely set on Origins, their Silk Screen might be better for skin-matching shades - I found it too thick and foundation-y (well, it is mean to be one of those powder-foundation thingies) and too chalky a finish on me.

If you're in the UK or Ireland, and pale, and looking for a decent pressed powder, check out Boots No. 7 Perfect Light in Translucent and Barbara Daly for Tesco ultra-light in Fair.

INGREDIENTS: hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer - lauroyl lysine - zinc stearate - phenyl trimethicone - triethoxycaprylylsilane - dimethicone - hydroxyapatite - sorbitan sesquioleate - isostearyl neopentanoate - silica - trimethylsiloxyxilicate - tetrasodium edta - chlorphenesin - potassium sorbate - [ mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499)] continued >>

on 7/11/2007 4:01:00 PM

This powder is SO sheer that it doesn't even provide the teensiest bit of coverage for my PPP skin. Wow, that is sheer. It does, however, get rid of shine. But its temporary, and I have to reapply multiple times during the day. But this no coverage thing just doesn't work for me. Plus, the compact is pretty ugly. At $23, forget it - I'm glad I got it on sale!