Origins All or Nothing Pressed Powder

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Beautifully-textured fine pressed powder. Very light finish. Silicones and mica. One shade supposedly suits all.

Unless you're pale.

In which case this looks orange. If you're lucky, under flattering lighting conditions, this looks beige with a hint of peach. But in any case, not natural - not in the sense of natural meaning "the same shade as *my* skin." I think this may have changed colour on my skin, too, as it looked OK tested out in the shop and under natural light outside. Unfortunately the change was noticeable only after I'd bought it.

Not, therefore, recommended for the pale.

Pros: no reactions. Unfragranced. Great if you're looking for a talc-free powder. But there are many other pressed powders out there, for less money (this was EUR 27.00!!!), that do a better job. If you're absolutely set on Origins, their Silk Screen might be better for skin-matching shades - I found it too thick and foundation-y (well, it is mean to be one of those powder-foundation thingies) and too chalky a finish on me.

If you're in the UK or Ireland, and pale, and looking for a decent pressed powder, check out Boots No. 7 Perfect Light in Translucent and Barbara Daly for Tesco ultra-light in Fair.

INGREDIENTS: hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer - lauroyl lysine - zinc stearate - phenyl trimethicone - triethoxycaprylylsilane - dimethicone - hydroxyapatite - sorbitan sesquioleate - isostearyl neopentanoate - silica - trimethylsiloxyxilicate - tetrasodium edta - chlorphenesin - potassium sorbate - [ mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499)] continued >>

This is actually called "All and Nothing" not "all or nothing". Anyway, with that being said, It didn't irritate my skin and it set my liquid fountation. However, my skin is dry and it did show flakes. (even though I moisturize and exfoliate). I love the fact it doesn't have talc and it doesn't cake. It's sheer but it does seem to make the foundation a bit darker which is why I won't repurchase again.

on 7/11/2007 4:01:00 PM

This powder is SO sheer that it doesn't even provide the teensiest bit of coverage for my PPP skin. Wow, that is sheer. It does, however, get rid of shine. But its temporary, and I have to reapply multiple times during the day. But this no coverage thing just doesn't work for me. Plus, the compact is pretty ugly. At $23, forget it - I'm glad I got it on sale!

on 8/25/2004 5:16:00 PM

Stupidly I bought this without testing it first(was feeling rather too optimistic)which is stupid,because Origins make up& skincare never impresses me. Anyway, this is a very average,translucent pressed powder I am a mac nc35-42 and this did nothing at all for my skin, didn't cut the shine/set my make up or make me look polished/radiant. What a waste of 18 pounds.

on 6/24/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wow, I had to come here after I saw that it was $25! I cannot believe that it's that expensive. I wonder if they raised the price. I bought this about 3 years ago. I've actually bought this twice so that means I've spent $50 on translucent pressed powder. Yeah, I really cannot believe I'd spend that much. Anyway, this is a great pressed powder which is why I probably bought this again without batting an eye to the price. It blends perfectly and is great for sucking up the oilies. Not sure if I'd repurchase for the 3rd time as there are probably better pressed powder for cheaper. Really love the compact it comes in, very durable and chic!

on 3/8/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love using powder on top of other foundations for that mattifying effect. While it is supposed to match all skin tones, I feel like it does look slightly ashy on my tan complexion if I apply too much. Nonetheless, it works well for my combination skin. I'm not sure if it would stop oil on really oily skin though.

This has been a "must have" for years. I use it over whatever else I have chosen because 1. it's the best air brush finish on the market and 2. it is an amazing pore minimizer. All and Nothing does this without weight or adding color. This is not a product with coverage. This is a product that finishes your face beautifully and sets your look. Everything about this product says "clean and light." My sister and my daughters swear by it as well. I never want to be without it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

wow. it controls oil amazingly, i usually have to touch up every hour or less but this keeps me shine free for at least two hours, maybe more. the thing i look for in powders is lightweight, controls oil, and pressed. this is perfect. i switched to this from lancome transulence because it did not control oil for more than an hour and it costs $29, while this is just a BIT cheaper at $25. i apply this with my too faced powder poof brush and over makeup forever matt velvet foundation. perfect! i will repurchase whenever i run out. this is my first origins purchase so im interested in trying out more makeup and skincare. :) i love that this brand is ALL natural with no parabens!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this Powder, It is the best I have ever used. It is light and yet covers amazingly. The only thing I do not like is that it lasts 2 months for 25 bucks is kinda steep. But then again, I love it. This is my HG powder. I would suggest anyone to try this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this a million times. Absolutely perfect powder for me. It feels light, the color always adjusts beautifully (gives warmth when I'm pasty and cooler tones when I'm tan or red) has NEVER broken me out. You can apply it repeatedly without getting cakey and makeupy. It just gives your skin this smooth, healthy, non shiny glow. The best thing out there for sensitive reactive skin if you ask me.