MAC Cleanse Off Oil

MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

on 7/15/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I always look at makeup alley reviews before buying a product however I never left reviews. I discovered something while using this oil and I wanted to share it. My boyfriend got me the small cleanse off oil and I loved it. When I ran out I went ahead and bought a big bottle. When the weather changed my skin got really dry and flaky so one night out of frustration I used the cleanse off oil as a moisturiser. In the morning I was surprised to see a lot of my scars looked lighter and my skin looked more bright and not flaky anymore. I started using this more frequently as a moisturiser and my friends and family have been complimenting me on how good my skin looks. I used to have really bad blocked pores with little bumps like milia. After I started using this oil they cleared. I still get few pimples occasionally but they aren't as bad as before. If anyone else has had this experience I'd like to know.

on 6/7/2016 9:13:00 PM

I bought bc Tati raved over it.

It's pretty average. I used to use baby oil way back in the day and this works basically the same. It's runny like baby oil. And after using it to remove my eye makeup I can't see for like a good 15-20 mins .... Again just like baby oil.

I'll return to my ponds cold cream after using this up..

To Read all 553 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got back into researching ingredients for a DIY product I'm experimenting with and I randomly remembered my experience using MAC Cleanse Off Oil. Sure enough, I did not review it. I used this back when I was new to removing make up with oil. It does work a lot better than the oil-free make up remover formulas I bought from Sephora. But any oil can do that, baby oil included.

My problem with this oil is mainly the fragrance. I remember wincing everytime I'd wash my face because it'd somehow migrate into my eyes. IT STUNG LIKE HELL. I know the bitter orange peel in it stung, but I have a feeling the lavender oil was the main culprit. Lavender oil is a huge irritant for many, myself included. The wheat germ oil in this is listed on acne.org's comedogenic list so if you're acne prone, beware. I also know for me personally that tocopherol = massive break outs as it comes from vitamin e.

I've found much better formulated products for a fraction of the price. I will not be repurchasing. Here is the ingredient list:
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

on 5/4/2016 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok - so, some of the bad reviews I've read seem to be as a result of using this incorrectly. This works differenty than any other oil or cream-based eye makeup removers, etc. that you typically use with a cotton pad/ball/whatever to wipe the makeup off.

I LOVE this stuff, and this is how I use it:
Start with dry hands and dry face, pump some of this into your palm, and then rub it over your skin/eyes to break up and remove even waterproof mascaras/liners/etc. Once you have done that, THEN you use water to rinse it all off your face.

The thing about this product that makes it so great is that it is formulated to first work like an oil-cleanser to break down/remove even waterproof makeup formulas (fans of cleansing "balms" might really like this stuff too.) But, once water is applied, the oil suddenly transforms and rinses off clean just like a non-oil/balm cleanser would. So, this means that unlike traditional oil-based cleansers, you can rinse your skin clean (no layer of oil or residue left behind.)

My personal suggestions - to experience the awesomeness of this product, keep in mind a few things:

Use your fingers to rub it in and leave out the cotton pad/ball/whatever. And make sure you are using DRY fingers and face to start - if water is in the picture at all, it is going to transform into its rinse-able form - and, it's the original "oil" form that actually does the job of gathering up all that makeup that you are eventually going rinse right off.

Of course, this still won't be for everyone - but if you are a fan of using oil-based makeup removers and balms, this product gives you the benefits of what you are already using - PLUS, you get to just rinse it all clean off your skin like magic.

Additional "plus" points:
-the bottle lasts for quite a while
-I think (not 100% sure - you'd want to double check if this is something you want/require) - I THINK that the original formula is scent-free (at the very least it doesn't have a noticeable scent of any kind)... but, if you kind of dig the scented stuff like I do, they also make this "Twilight" version that smells quite nice. :)

on 5/3/2016 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of the few products I like from mac but it is far too expensive for full size so i buy the to go and get samples of this. Anyway it does remove makeup very well does not cause irritation nor does it burn the eyes like most removers and it has improved my undereye area it gave it a lil lift and I want the full size but not wanting to shell out the money for it but other than this the only Mac products ill buy from now on is the concealer in the small tube select cover up and captive lipstick and the orange corrector that is all because a lot of their products are not worth the money and lipsticks are being duped left n right so macs really aren't special anymore same ol colors kinda dated if you ask me...

on 4/6/2016 5:51:00 AM

I was so excited when I received this product, I had heard so many good reviews online and in store.
I used this with oval cotton pads and use very little and it took every bit of make up off which obviously I was amazed by. BUT it left a very greasy very weird residue on my face which i was half expecting because it was an oil. I washed this off with my Liz Earle cleanse and polish (used for years).
Went to bed and woke up with my skin looking the worst it had looked.. well ever!
I was mortified!!!
huge spots all over my forehead and my chin, red bumps all around the side of my cheeks.
It was so painful and the annoying part was I don't really have sensitive skin so I can pretty much use anything and everything without any irritation. but not this!

so disappointed since it really did remove everything!

on 3/28/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! Removes everything and doesn't irritate my oily skin. This will get eye make up and everything off your skin.

on 3/24/2016 9:21:00 PM

I love this product! I had previously been using Dermalogica Pre cleanse which I liked, but it often took two washes for all my makeup to come off (Estée Lauder double wear!) and it has a strong smell. Some people might like this smell, but I found it a little overbearing and I'm not usually sensitive to fragrance.

MAC on the other hand, takes off all my makeup first go and it doesn't have much of a smell. MAC is also a bit cheaper. I also thought my skin was left feeling noticeably softer than it did with Dermalogica.

Both products have pump bottles. I think Dermalogica used to have a cap bottle, but they must have changed that now. MAC is slightly runnier in consistency. Both go on oily and then turn to a milky consistency when you add a little bit of water.

Both are really great products, but MAC wins it for me due to the effectiveness of removing my makeup, the lack of smell, the price and the fact it leaves my skin softer! Oh, and I love the free lipstick you get with the Back to MAC program ;)

I don't use any other cleanser after using the Cleanse Off oil. The oil is effective enough on its own, and my skin looks so much better for cutting out normal foaming cleansers. It's softer and healthier looking. After cleansing my skin would often feel tight or just look irritated. I also never realised how bad my usual cleansers were at removing makeup until I tried cleansing oils.

I will never use anything other than cleansing oils to clean my face now, they're fabulous :)

on 2/8/2016 6:17:00 AM

This is the only oil you will ever need, seriously. I have tried a couple and honestly hated them with a passion - I have combo/dry in winter and oily skin in the summer, and mainly wanted to use a cleanse off oil first to not only to remove my makeup but to hydrate my skin. This stuff smells so good, like lemons/citrus unlike other cleanse off oils that smell like cheap perfume which I hate. You can add water and it turns into some sort of cleansing milk if you wanted, I usually do this once in a blue moon as I find it neat. I would say this would last me 6-8 months depending on the days I wear makeup and if I wear a lot. I usually do 2-3 pumps (1 is simply not enough even if you are not wearing anything but concealer and mascara).

on 1/19/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished off a deluxe sample of this oil. I've heard mixed reviews and I never use an oil cleanser. But I am definitely picking up a full size of this when I'm out of my next cleanser. This doesn't sting my eyes at all -- which is a total deal breaker for me with any cleanser/makeup remover. It didn't remove all of my eye make up, but it did take off all my face makeup. I use Simple cleansing micellar water on my face after I cleanse to take off any excess makeup that my cleanser doesn't pick up. Well, with this oil -- I didn't have an residual makeup other than partial eye makeup. Very impressive!