The Body Shop Coconut Bath and Shower Cream

The Body Shop Coconut Bath and Shower Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is magic. It smells unlike any coconut scent I have ever smelled, but is distinctly coconut. My reason for loving this is not just the scent, but it's rich lather and the softness it gives my skin. After I shave with it, my skin is unbelievably smooth and soft. Nothing else has made it so soft. Irreplaceable product. The bottle is a small size for the price, but the packaging is classy. Sulphate free, natural and vegan. Smells good, works good, makes me feel good. Five stars.

on 12/26/2016 11:25:00 PM

Would be better with a pump and a less synthetic scent. This one was super hard to wash off compared to the other shower gel "flavours" and I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you don't use a loofah.

on 2/9/2016 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells nice, doesn't lather enough for me and not moisturizing enough. Would not repurchase. There are better products out there for less money.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I bought this body wash kind of on a whim and I have been using it daily for about a year straight now. I find that it's very moisturizing-- if I don't use it, I find my skin feels itchy and parched, so I feel like that means it's definitely doing something to help out.

One small complaint is I feel that it could have a more 'realistic' coconut smell. Other reviewers are correct when they say it smells slightly more synthetic than the other coconut products from TBS, but I still like it. I also like mixing it with other Body Shop washes-- a little bit of peach or strawberry and the coconut on the puff smells AMAZING.

Will be buying again.

on 1/26/2015 1:26:00 AM

Doesn't lather. Smells weird.

on 11/24/2014 9:14:00 AM

I don't think I have a lot to add to the negative reviews. In summary, I purchased the jumbo size with the pump. I am not happy with this because: 1. It doesn't smell like coconut. It smells like something else that is sweet, artificial and unpleasant; 2. It doesn't really lather; 3. The pump doesn't spring back after use, so it's difficult to get more than one pump out. I'm going to try to use the whole bottle, but it's really large, so I'm not sure I can endure it.

I bought this for the scent and I am not disappointed. I don't think it does anything special for my skin, but I do smell good all day!

I was actually devastated after trying this product. I LOVE the coconut range at the body shop, it's one of my favourite scents from them, however the coconut shower cream was dissapointing. It doesn't really smell like coconut, I can't really describe the scent but it was definitely not the fresh, realistic coconut scent of the other products like the body butter and body mist. It was more of a "fake" coconut scent. I didn't like how this product felt, it didn't lather up well and I didn't feel clean or washed after using it. Also it was a mission trying to squeeze the product out of the bottle. I had to take the lid off and let it drop out. Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this :-(

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This is a decent product, but I really only bought it for the smell of it.
This smells like creamy coconut, unlike the synthetic scents that are usually sharp.
The product itself is decently priced if you get it with all the promos that TBS has going on.
Personally I don't like using this as a body wash because even though it seems moisturizing, it doesn't seem to be as effective at lathering which is how i judge a shower gel (and subsequently it's ability to clean).
Very good shaving gel which is how I managed to finish the rest of it.
One thing I don't like is the packaging. I have to squeeze with all my might when it gets about halfway to get some of the shower cream out.

on 1/16/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There is nothing better to me than a coconut or a pina colada scented product. I am always on the hunt for anything that has coconut in the name. This product is a fail in that area. Yes, it's a great body wash. It cleans my body. It lathers nicely. But this is not the delicious coconut scent I am looking for.