Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nice product. Keeps lips moist.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love love loved the OLD version of this. It was one of the only lip balms that actually moisturized my lips (even though it was a tinted one) and the colour suited me really well (it also smelled lovely). I give the OLD version a 5/5.

Sadly this was reformulated and I can only find the new one in stores now (it has slightly different packaging). That one doesn't work nearly as well as the old one (in terms of moisturization/healing). The colour and smell are different too--the colour isn't as pretty as before and the smell really annoys me now. If I found the old one again I would buy it for sure, but I don't see myself repurchasing the new one.

It gives a slight tint and a lot of moisture but the scent is too strong and too much shimmer,i like shimmer but this is too much

on 3/31/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent lip balm. Moisturizes my lips. Because it's tinted, it doesn't enhance any flakies or peelies on your lips like a white lip balm would do which I appreciate. It just tints them red also which is definitely less noticeable than white patches of skin on your lip!

The smell is ok. It smells sweet at first but there is a moderate undertone of..chemicals..reminds me of crayola pencils for some reason. But it's bearable for me.

The staying power is not the best, does come off if you eat/drink.

The tint is quite subtle which I like. I have pigmented lips and this adds a nice sheer pop of red and slightly glossy finish to it. Sort of like you were sucking on a red Popsicle effect.

I accidentely melted mine slightly in the sun and it's never been quite the same. The texture turned more gooey in the tube but it still works nonetheless. Just pop it in the fridge and it's good as new.

I wish this had spf in it so I could wear it in the sun also. Overall, good lip balm :-)

on 10/16/2012 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although I love the wonderful strawberry smell to this lip balm, the color doesn't suit me as well as the cherry one does, but when worn sheer, it can be a pretty color on the lips too. I have the fruity shine version of the strawberry lip balm and it contains little glitters that unlike the cherry one, where I can't feel the glitter, I CAN feel the glitters to the strawberry one. It's not too rough, but it's definitely there. The color is definitely pretty when it comes to being swatched on the hand, it's a tad more towards a coral-red tint when it comes to being on my lips. It also has decent moisturizing effects on my lips, but the glitter and the color just don't suit me as much and I have to watch the amount I put on my lips which is kind of a hassle for me, so I give this lip balm a rating of 3. Its still a really nice balm that provides some moisture to the lips, maybe it will suit someone that's looking for a warm coral-red type tint. The price is inexpensive which is nice, but I don't think I will be repurchasing the strawberry one after I'm done with the one I already have.

on 7/31/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love the tube and the round tip of the balm. Love the strawberry scent, not too candy-ish. The colour doesn't look natural on me though, I've got light olive skin. It can cling to dry areas and isn't my choice for moisturising ability either. I would get it in another flavour if I can find a tint that works for me.

Good in the beginning but this is a really soft lip balm and just melts even when it's not that hot!
After one exposure to heat, it's never the same again, I use to like the texture but it just seems to feel greasy on my lips now and never really drys. And when I think it has dried, the lip balm is really gone. So no staying power.

However I really quite liked the pigmentation of this, it was a really pretty tint. However you had to layer it on a bit to get that nice tint.

Packaging - tends to open in my bag :/

on 11/25/2011 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a dozen empty tubes of this. I just love to keep them cos I know there will be an evolution to the packaging. I love seeing the change through the years. yes. years. anyway, i love the tint, the feel and the scent of this lip balm (hint of shine is fine). I have fair skin (part asian, part spanish) and when I put this on, it gives me that instant glow. People would think the red tint is my natural lip pigmentation and the shine was just from a lip gloss.:) when they released the new formula with the tiny iridescence in them, i kinda threw me off. (I only wear glittery stuff during night outs). but on my lips, theyre not that visible unless you're all over my face. lol. still has that scent, tint, and feel that i love. it's not that expensive too. :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It smells so yummy, and the red looks gorgeous and natural.

on 8/20/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

the moisturization does not stays on long...
it does give sheer colour that look sweet, but after a while my lips become dry...
too greasy to be wear with lipstick.
Much prefer the repair and protection one.