NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

When i saw a new kind of nivea lip balm i was so happy to try it out (i love this stuff). Generally speaking this is a good product i did notice it is not a hydrating as the original formula but when i have no time to put on lipgloss or lipstick this little guy does a great job at it. This lip balm isn't the scary red it appears to be it just leaves a sheer reddish gloss on your lips. There are two down falls on this product one is that t melts really easily wether its in your pocket or a warm day it will become very "mushy" and i have discovered that after a while from opening and closing the tube it tends to open on its own. But you two bucks i will be defiantly be buying again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss/balm is tinted slightly reddish/pinkish, and it has a strawberry scent to it. It comes out a tube, which you can apply nicely.
it applies very VERY smoothly, and it's not gooey or sticky AT ALL.
this is probably the least sticky lip gloss i've never used.
the smell is a bit artificial but it's not a bad smell.
one of the cons is that as you twist the bottle to make the lip gloss tube come up, the gloss tube scrapes against the packaging, making it waste the gloss and making it sticky.
but overall this product is THUMBS up~:)

on 9/9/2008 2:23:00 AM

I have been using this lip balm for years and must say I really like it. Its not clear, but gives lips a sheer colour that looks pretty natural. I have lips that are fairly dark naturally so I love using this to make them look more red without having to wear lipstick. You can feel the balm sitting on your lips and it doesn't feel like it totally sinks in but I dont mid this. If you do want a product that get totally absorbed you should probably avoid buying this product. Otherwise, it does a pretty good job of protecting my lips while giving it some colour.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow! This comes out so pigmented, but it is definitely a balm, and not a gloss. I love this strawberry shade, the soft but pigmented colour that comes out. I put it on as soon as I moisturise in the morning to ensure my lips are soft, and supple for the day ahead. I wish I could find more, but I think there are only 2 others at the chemist nearby, but definitely a bargain at $4AUD and better imo than the Cocoa Butter balm.

on 6/9/2016 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible. Atrocious. When I bought this lip balm, I had high hopes for it because it's Nivea. I LOVE their products and they never disappoint me. Until this. Can this even be called a lip balm? First of all, it does not moisturise AT ALL. It just sits on my lips and do nothing. Nothing at all. Secondly, it does not give any colour or shimmer. I am sorely disappointed. If I could, I'd rather not give any lippies.

Good in the beginning but this is a really soft lip balm and just melts even when it's not that hot!
After one exposure to heat, it's never the same again, I use to like the texture but it just seems to feel greasy on my lips now and never really drys. And when I think it has dried, the lip balm is really gone. So no staying power.

However I really quite liked the pigmentation of this, it was a really pretty tint. However you had to layer it on a bit to get that nice tint.

Packaging - tends to open in my bag :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it gives you natural red lip color and it even moisturise your lips, but if i compare it with nivea lipcare (the blue one), the blue one is better because it moisture your lips more than this one, it can change your lip colour but you can use lipstick anyway :)

This Product is great to buy! However make sure that the color goes well with you because it is very tinted! For me it didnt suit me atall, and I am yellow undertoned if that helps. It really moisturizes well and is great is apply but does contain 'something' that later seeps into cracks of lips and looks gross if not reapplied.
The smell is candyish, personally not my favorite but nice all the same!
Would I repurchase: No, never really suited me as I mentioned above.
Check out my reviews on other lip care products and let me know if this review was helpful or not.

This is my HG lipbalm that I looked so hard to find! I think I went through so many tubes already. It is super moisturizing with the right amount of color that makes you look like you have nice, fresh, plump, moisturized lips. It is a bit shiny but not as much as a lip gloss. This lipbalm comes in a bigger tube than normal stick form lipbalms. The only downside is that this can melt during summer time or if you had this in your jeans pocket and you did a lot of exercises. It won't actually come out of the tube but it will get your hands messy when you use it... Depiste this little detail, I strongly recommend this to try!!

UPDATE :

After using this for so many years and going through so many tubes, it's still my favorite lipbalm. It's moisturizing and adds a nice touch of color that's flattering when i'm tan during summer or when i'm paler during winter. Definitely recommend it!

on 12/8/2010 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As a lip balm junkie, I've owned tons of lip balms but I always come back to the Nivea ones. This particular one I love because not only is it very moisturising and lasts on the lips for a long time, but it also has a slight tint of red and a bit of shimmer, almost like a lip gloss but not sticky. I'm not a fan of bright red lips so this gives me just the right amount of colour. Plus, it has a lovely strawberry scent that instantly puts you in a good mood and it has a sweet taste. Buying it over and over again!

Top Rated Lip Treatments