Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love love loved the OLD version of this. It was one of the only lip balms that actually moisturized my lips (even though it was a tinted one) and the colour suited me really well (it also smelled lovely). I give the OLD version a 5/5.

Sadly this was reformulated and I can only find the new one in stores now (it has slightly different packaging). That one doesn't work nearly as well as the old one (in terms of moisturization/healing). The colour and smell are different too--the colour isn't as pretty as before and the smell really annoys me now. If I found the old one again I would buy it for sure, but I don't see myself repurchasing the new one.

on 9/27/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is exactly what I've been looking for!! So since lipsmackers dr. pepper is no longer available to buy :( I've been on the hunt for something moisturizing, with some shine and a touch of colour. This is absolutely perfect. Maybe even better than lipsmackers. It seems that the moisture lasts longer, the tint is a bit less, like a subtle "I've been eating berries" stain. The scent is nice, not too strong and the price is good. Can't ask for anything more. This is the perfect balm to have in your bag for a quick hint of colour and some moisture.

Oh and the one I bought is called Nivea fruity shine strawberry and I purchased it at Loblaws (canada) for about $3.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This has been my go-to lip balm for a few years now. I mix it up sometimes, but this one is always on stand by.

It's simple, has a nice fragrance, a decent pop of colour, makes my lips very soft and smooth afterwards and it's very affordable.

Possibly the only negative I can think of is that it is harder to find than the regular Nivea Lip Care. Not everywhere carries this variation for some reason. My local Shopper Drug Mart, for example, does not carry it, but my grocery store does. Yeah... I don't get it either, ha.

I don't know what else to say, such a nice little lip balm. It may not pop as much on darker skin tones, as I do have very pale, ivory skin.

on 12/8/2010 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I finally found Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Strawberry in the US! I got mine at Ulta but haven't seen these at Walgreens yet. I've tried Nivea lip products in the past and always knew I would love this. It doesn't disappoint. It delivers a warm-toned, pinkish-red tint just perfect for a semi-glossy wash of natural color. It shows up very well on my lips but is by no means opaque. I love that this is slightly moisturizing and leaves a slight tint on the lips even after it wears off. I really love this product but DON'T recommend it if you have chapped lips, unless you're willing to wear a clear balm underneath. My lips are usually soft and moisturized even when bare, so I love that I can just swipe this on and have some color AND moisture. Really the best tinted balm I've found for the price--I'm an avid lover of tinted lip balms, and unless you're willing to shell out $20+ for high-end moisturizing lipsticks in very fussy packaging, I really think this is the best bet.

on 12/6/2010 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've bought both of Nivea's Fruity Shine flavours/colours and this one is my favourite. The cherry one is good too, but I like the strawberry's colour a bit better. It's a good lip moiturizer with a tint, so I alway buy a new one when I need it.

on 7/12/2009 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hope they never discontinue these!!! I absolutely love this stuff, it smells delicious and isn't sticky, although there is some tint to it, it's still nice enough to wear everyday, makes my lips rosy and keeps them moisturized, but proceed with caution if you layer this on over and over again the color you get can be intense, which some people will really like or totally hate.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Cons: Waxy. Not moisturizing enough to repair any damage. Pack is not "attractive." Since it's waxy, if you apply more than one thin coat it feels really uncomfortable.
Pros: pretty color if you want a warm sheer red, nice scent, not too strong.

Wouldn't repurchase, too waxy to moisturize.