NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Read this review for an unpopular opinion: I rated this a "4" for price because in Australia it's close to $4 and that is not cheap for a lip balm... or at least, what I thought was a lip balm. Nivea Lip Care in Strawberry is actually a very glossy and shimmery red tinted balm/gloss hybrid. For a product of this type, I would have preferred more actual pigmentation and a slant in the shape of the stick so that I can apply it to my lips more accurately. But because it is so glossy, and too pigmented to apply as messily as it did, yet not pigmented enough to be an actual colour-product for my lips, I felt like a school-girl wearing play-time "lipstick" or someone who had eaten a popsicle and then kissed a bag of french fries. If this lip balm 1) were less glossy and actually functioned as a balm -- it was not moisturizing enough for me and did not sink into my lips, rather it sat on my lips like a greasy layer of oil... or 2) were in a lipgloss tube and had the consistency and pigmentation of a lipgloss... or 3) were more pigmented and less glossy and actually functioned as a liptint... or 4) had played up the camp/kitcsh factor and had Hello Kitty on the tube and a cat-head stick a' la Paul and Joe instead of what I thought was tacky, boring packaging... I would consider rebuying it. But since I am a very very fussy consumer, and also the smell and taste were too strong and reminded me of candy, it went in the bin. What a waste of $4.

Good in the beginning but this is a really soft lip balm and just melts even when it's not that hot!
After one exposure to heat, it's never the same again, I use to like the texture but it just seems to feel greasy on my lips now and never really drys. And when I think it has dried, the lip balm is really gone. So no staying power.

However I really quite liked the pigmentation of this, it was a really pretty tint. However you had to layer it on a bit to get that nice tint.

Packaging - tends to open in my bag :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love it but the smell is annoying.

Well it wasnt sticky,overall the product was ok but it didnt compliment my skin tone.The balm did moisturise enough and had subtle shine.
It really depends on whether the colour suits you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was one of the first lip balms I've tried. I liked it back then, but since I've come to try a lot of different lip products, I suddenly came to realize that this does not really impart that much moisture for the lips.

It gives a nice, pretty color yes. But for a more intense moisturizer, look somewhere else.

on 8/12/2013 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i have the cherry and guava one. i thought the strawberry was my favorite colorwise, but i think guava is a more universal color and it goes with everything whether you are tanned or not. however, the guava has a distinct flavor compared to the strawberry and it may not be everybody's cup of tea.

on 10/16/2012 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although I love the wonderful strawberry smell to this lip balm, the color doesn't suit me as well as the cherry one does, but when worn sheer, it can be a pretty color on the lips too. I have the fruity shine version of the strawberry lip balm and it contains little glitters that unlike the cherry one, where I can't feel the glitter, I CAN feel the glitters to the strawberry one. It's not too rough, but it's definitely there. The color is definitely pretty when it comes to being swatched on the hand, it's a tad more towards a coral-red tint when it comes to being on my lips. It also has decent moisturizing effects on my lips, but the glitter and the color just don't suit me as much and I have to watch the amount I put on my lips which is kind of a hassle for me, so I give this lip balm a rating of 3. Its still a really nice balm that provides some moisture to the lips, maybe it will suit someone that's looking for a warm coral-red type tint. The price is inexpensive which is nice, but I don't think I will be repurchasing the strawberry one after I'm done with the one I already have.

This Product is great to buy! However make sure that the color goes well with you because it is very tinted! For me it didnt suit me atall, and I am yellow undertoned if that helps. It really moisturizes well and is great is apply but does contain 'something' that later seeps into cracks of lips and looks gross if not reapplied.
The smell is candyish, personally not my favorite but nice all the same!
Would I repurchase: No, never really suited me as I mentioned above.
Check out my reviews on other lip care products and let me know if this review was helpful or not.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was surprised because this lip balm is not a typical lip balm - it has a reddish tint and it's glossy. I'm not particularly liking the strawberry flavor as I am rather sensitive to artificial scents but the texture feels smooth and glossy.

on 6/16/2010 1:09:00 PM

I got this product for around $3 Singapore dollars while it was on sale.

I wasn't expecting too much, but I was hoping it would work/look better for me than Chapstick haha. Unfortunately after applying it, I discovered that if I just want a hydrating lip balm I would still go to my trustworthy Chapstick... It smells awesome and the packaging is cute but for me, that's about it. I don't like the texture once it's on your lips (it leans more towards a gloss because it's so shiny/oily/liquidy) and the color once applied wears off really quickly, as in in minutes. I wouldn't buy this again :/

Top Rated Lip Treatments