NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

***Click "continued" for pictures***

This is a neutral, subtle red that's slightly more pigmented than the average lips, making it an ideal MLBB shade. Compared to the fuchsia-red Cherry, I'd say Strawberry would flatter pretty much every skintone. More glossy than the average lipbalm, but not as shiny as lipgloss. Color's more subtle than lipstick, but more pigmented than the average tinted balm. Very moisturizing, feels light, not waxy, but may need touchup every 3-4 hours, which is no big deal thanks to the user-friendly packaging, I can take off the cap and twist up the balm all using one hand, unlike other tube balms which tend to require both hands. If you can't tell, I'm lazy and any product that's high maintenance won't take long to become unloved and weeded out.

So if you're up for a cheap, practical, pretty everyday lippie, give this a chance.

Photos of my other red tinted balms are included for other fans of soft red lips :)

continued >>

on 2/11/2010 11:38:00 PM

I purchased this product after I saw my friend using it. It seemed like something that a "girl next door" would use. Sweet, innocent, and beautiful.

Let's start with the good aspects of this lip balm...
1) It smells absolutely wonderful! Definitely not too sweet.
2) It is fantastic with moisturizing my lips.
3) Pretty tint to it, although the balm is sharp red colored, it looks natural on the lips.
4) The balm is smooth and glides on easily.

Now, unfortunately, there ARE some cons.
1) The balm stick scrapes against the opening of the tube when I twist it in and out so it's a bit of a gooey mess.
2) I can see some red (the balm is red) at the bottom twisting parts of the tube, but it's not leaking out so I suppose it's okay.
3) If I put on too much it can color outside of my lips which can make them look irritated, so I have to be careful.

I will repurchase this because the smell is wonderful. This balm does not have any flavoring to it.

on 10/16/2012 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although I love the wonderful strawberry smell to this lip balm, the color doesn't suit me as well as the cherry one does, but when worn sheer, it can be a pretty color on the lips too. I have the fruity shine version of the strawberry lip balm and it contains little glitters that unlike the cherry one, where I can't feel the glitter, I CAN feel the glitters to the strawberry one. It's not too rough, but it's definitely there. The color is definitely pretty when it comes to being swatched on the hand, it's a tad more towards a coral-red tint when it comes to being on my lips. It also has decent moisturizing effects on my lips, but the glitter and the color just don't suit me as much and I have to watch the amount I put on my lips which is kind of a hassle for me, so I give this lip balm a rating of 3. Its still a really nice balm that provides some moisture to the lips, maybe it will suit someone that's looking for a warm coral-red type tint. The price is inexpensive which is nice, but I don't think I will be repurchasing the strawberry one after I'm done with the one I already have.

I got this for 1 and its brilliant! I found it moisterised my lips well and stopped them getting too dry, it smells lovely and adds a sheer red tint. Also, it doesn't feel too heavy as many lipbalms do. I wear it under lipsticks to stop my lips getting dry but on its own it does wear off quite quickly, as do most lipbalms i suppose. Would definitely buy again.

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i like this lip balm because it gave my lips a subtle red color and it lightened my lips . It looked almost like a lip-gloss . the scent appealed to many people however it did not really appeal to me , i was not very fond of the strawberry smell . My lips were moisturized only for an hour which i was very unimpressed about . The thing that i was most unimpressed about the night when i applied the lip balm the next morning my lips would look dry again . I really liked the packaging of the lip balm because it looked a lot like a lip stick .

on 3/31/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent lip balm. Moisturizes my lips. Because it's tinted, it doesn't enhance any flakies or peelies on your lips like a white lip balm would do which I appreciate. It just tints them red also which is definitely less noticeable than white patches of skin on your lip!

The smell is ok. It smells sweet at first but there is a moderate undertone of..chemicals..reminds me of crayola pencils for some reason. But it's bearable for me.

The staying power is not the best, does come off if you eat/drink.

The tint is quite subtle which I like. I have pigmented lips and this adds a nice sheer pop of red and slightly glossy finish to it. Sort of like you were sucking on a red Popsicle effect.

I accidentely melted mine slightly in the sun and it's never been quite the same. The texture turned more gooey in the tube but it still works nonetheless. Just pop it in the fridge and it's good as new.

I wish this had spf in it so I could wear it in the sun also. Overall, good lip balm :-)

on 11/25/2012 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous scent, gorgeous color, decent moisturizing ability! The scent is like skittles strawberry candy, refreshing fruity-sweet but not too sweet and not overwhelming like some other lip products. The colour is really nice, a light tint of red which goes nice with fair skin.

So basically I am really fond of this lip product. On those days where I'm really lazy and in a rush, I just swipe a couple layers of this balm across my lips for that plump look, because it makes for full lips, gives a little shine, adds dimension to lips, and adds a sheer tint of red, which is beautiful, and you can layer it for more color. Also, it's quite moisturizing, so I use it during school, throughout my classes. My mom loves how it looks on me. I usually use this alone, but it would be better if it had some SPF, so sometimes I must use a clear lip balm before this one. If I layer it enough times and more than sparingly, I can even get that redish hot pink look. All for just a few bucks. It's all in one. I've really got nothing bad to say. A lipstick in itself is usually $10 or more, but this is like $3 while it's lip balm, gloss and lipstick in one, and works well. But as mentioned before, it leaves lips a bit dry after a while, and starts to focus on the lines in lips. It settles. So you reapply. It has lasted me a while, though, too. I tend to layer Carmex cherry lip balm on top as well, to add extra shine and moisturization.

So cheap, and goes on so smoothly. I like how it gives a bit of colour to 'top' up your look but not as intense as using lipstick. I carry this around everywhere, switching between the strawberry and the cherry. It does have the tendency to melt though leaving the inside of the lid quite messy and sticky, but this could be due to how hot Australia gets sometimes.

Love this!

Love love love love LOVE this product! It's super cheap, super smooth, super moisturizing, and leaves a (you guessed it) SUPER gorgeous colour on my lips. It's my lips, but better. I will buy TONS more of this! Goodbye Chap Stick!

Top Rated Lip Treatments