NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

***Click "continued" for pictures***

This is a neutral, subtle red that's slightly more pigmented than the average lips, making it an ideal MLBB shade. Compared to the fuchsia-red Cherry, I'd say Strawberry would flatter pretty much every skintone. More glossy than the average lipbalm, but not as shiny as lipgloss. Color's more subtle than lipstick, but more pigmented than the average tinted balm. Very moisturizing, feels light, not waxy, but may need touchup every 3-4 hours, which is no big deal thanks to the user-friendly packaging, I can take off the cap and twist up the balm all using one hand, unlike other tube balms which tend to require both hands. If you can't tell, I'm lazy and any product that's high maintenance won't take long to become unloved and weeded out.

So if you're up for a cheap, practical, pretty everyday lippie, give this a chance.

Photos of my other red tinted balms are included for other fans of soft red lips :)

continued >>

I absolutely adore this balm! This is my absolute favourite lip product, and I really can't live without it. It went missing for a week, and I was so sad!!! If I had had a chance, I would have immediately rushed out to the store to purchase!

This is sooooo moisturizing, and has the perfect tint with the perfect finish that makes it look like my lips are really that colour! I got about a gazillion compliments when I was wearing this and at least 20 people asked me what lipstick I was wearing because they liked it so much, and were shocked to hear I wasn't wearing any! It can be applied without a mirror, which is a huge plus for me, and last but not least, IT SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE REAL STRAWBERRIES!

I can't wait to try the cherry one!!

I got this for 1 and its brilliant! I found it moisterised my lips well and stopped them getting too dry, it smells lovely and adds a sheer red tint. Also, it doesn't feel too heavy as many lipbalms do. I wear it under lipsticks to stop my lips getting dry but on its own it does wear off quite quickly, as do most lipbalms i suppose. Would definitely buy again.

on 7/20/2008 7:56:00 AM

I've tried a LOT of lip balms and most of them are disappointing. This is one however, is one that I actually repurchase.

It always glides on smoothly, is not waxy. Unlike some other balms I have tried, this one does not feel like you're putting a layer of crayon on your lips, or dry up in my bag.

It leaves a lovely semi-wet shine (not too OTT) & a really nice sheer red tint.

It smells beautiful and most importantly - protects my lips & keeps them soft.

I highly recommend this lip balm!

on 11/25/2011 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a dozen empty tubes of this. I just love to keep them cos I know there will be an evolution to the packaging. I love seeing the change through the years. yes. years. anyway, i love the tint, the feel and the scent of this lip balm (hint of shine is fine). I have fair skin (part asian, part spanish) and when I put this on, it gives me that instant glow. People would think the red tint is my natural lip pigmentation and the shine was just from a lip gloss.:) when they released the new formula with the tiny iridescence in them, i kinda threw me off. (I only wear glittery stuff during night outs). but on my lips, theyre not that visible unless you're all over my face. lol. still has that scent, tint, and feel that i love. it's not that expensive too. :)

So basically I am really fond of this lip product. On those days where I'm really lazy and in a rush, I just swipe a couple layers of this balm across my lips for that plump look, because it makes for full lips, gives a little shine, adds dimension to lips, and adds a sheer tint of red, which is beautiful, and you can layer it for more color. Also, it's quite moisturizing, so I use it during school, throughout my classes. My mom loves how it looks on me. I usually use this alone, but it would be better if it had some SPF, so sometimes I must use a clear lip balm before this one. If I layer it enough times and more than sparingly, I can even get that redish hot pink look. All for just a few bucks. It's all in one. I've really got nothing bad to say. A lipstick in itself is usually $10 or more, but this is like $3 while it's lip balm, gloss and lipstick in one, and works well. But as mentioned before, it leaves lips a bit dry after a while, and starts to focus on the lines in lips. It settles. So you reapply. It has lasted me a while, though, too. I tend to layer Carmex cherry lip balm on top as well, to add extra shine and moisturization.

So cheap, and goes on so smoothly. I like how it gives a bit of colour to 'top' up your look but not as intense as using lipstick. I carry this around everywhere, switching between the strawberry and the cherry. It does have the tendency to melt though leaving the inside of the lid quite messy and sticky, but this could be due to how hot Australia gets sometimes.

Love this!

on 3/15/2010 10:03:00 PM

This chapstick is nice for colour, like giving that extra pop to enhance your everyday look, but on terms of actually moisturizing it isn't very good. I find that it stays on top of my lips and doesn't last as lobng as others.

Love love love love LOVE this product! It's super cheap, super smooth, super moisturizing, and leaves a (you guessed it) SUPER gorgeous colour on my lips. It's my lips, but better. I will buy TONS more of this! Goodbye Chap Stick!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Cons: Waxy. Not moisturizing enough to repair any damage. Pack is not "attractive." Since it's waxy, if you apply more than one thin coat it feels really uncomfortable.
Pros: pretty color if you want a warm sheer red, nice scent, not too strong.

Wouldn't repurchase, too waxy to moisturize.

Top Rated Lip Treatments