Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this lip gloss many times. The first time I bought it, I was hoping it would give my lips a lovely red shimmer... it did... but VERY subtly. I find myself trying to apply LOTS of it, to try to get more of the red shimmer on my lips. My young daughter is happy about that, because she can use it too- its so subtle that she can use it without looking "made up", so shes allowed to share with me :-) Other than it being a little too subtle, it smells lovely, feels nice on and is a reasonable price. Definitely worth trying.

on 6/9/2016 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible. Atrocious. When I bought this lip balm, I had high hopes for it because it's Nivea. I LOVE their products and they never disappoint me. Until this. Can this even be called a lip balm? First of all, it does not moisturise AT ALL. It just sits on my lips and do nothing. Nothing at all. Secondly, it does not give any colour or shimmer. I am sorely disappointed. If I could, I'd rather not give any lippies.

on 1/10/2013 9:06:00 PM

Glides on
Dirt cheap
Good packaging
Great color

CON
THIS GAVE ME LIP BLACKHEADS! ugh the worst, and i know it was this product becuase they only apear when i use this!
NOTE: i do not have this problem with the PEARL SHINE formula

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying that the smell of this lip balm is just AMAZING. It's not your typical overly-artificial scent. It legit smells like strawberries.
And bonus: This isn't a lip balm that is supposed to be tinted but comes out clear. This lip balm is nicely pigmented- it comes off semi-sheer, a reddish-pinkish colour that I LOVE.
Also: It's actually moisturizing! All three things I want in a lip balm are there. And so: I will most definitely be repurchasing.

Smells really nice, has good colour, but it lasts for about 10 minutes and then you need to reapply. It really just dries out my lips if I use it alone. I prefer to use it as a lip gloss instead on top of my lypsyl. Also, I find that if you drop it, the cap will either stay on and chip or come off and the actual product will chip. Also, if you do not put on several layers then the colour will be a little bit funny.

on 6/1/2011 1:15:00 PM

Overall, happy with this . So cheap, I pop a few around the house, car and purse so its always around,very light feel on lips..
Gives a real berry colour flush to lips- wish it lasted longer but its far better than some goey lip gloss.

on 2/17/2011 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells so yummy :) and feels really nice on your lips. Definite must have for all lip balm junkies :)

on 12/22/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nivea Lip Care in Strawberry moisturizes well. The texture is creamy and a little thick. I love how emollient and smooth it is. I'd been waiting for a Nivea strawberry balm for a while, as I'd picked up a Strawberry Labello lip balm on a trip to Europe and I adore it. Both have an artificial strawberry scent (although I prefer Labello's). The balm has a bright red tint that shows up as a sheer My Lips But Redder. It's not overwhelming on my NW10 complexion. I like it a lot and would repurchase.

on 7/26/2010 5:40:00 AM

I wrote a glowing review of the Nivea Cherry Lip Care, I think it's some great stuff (even doubles nicely as a cheek blusher) and I had run out, so I zipped into Walgreens to get more. They didn't have the cherry. They had the strawberry, which is just as fabulous. In fact, I may even like it a little bit better.
This glossy, moisturizing lip pomade in the glamorous lipstick-like container even has a hint of shimmer/frost that the cherry doesn't AND it has a SUNGUARD! (SPF 4). It looks GORGEOUS on my lips -- a rosy, delicately frosty, jewel-like glow. And it's very emollient and leaves my lips petal soft and smells and tastes divine (for oh-so-satisfying kisses).
This is truly great stuff and will definitely be a standby for my purse. It also makes a great dress-up lipstick for little girls and a great "training" lip gloss for young teens, that's how gentle it is. I recommend it highly and would repurchase it in half a flash. And it does remind me of the Tinkerbell Strawberry Lip Pomade I wore as a teen. Not to mention it was dirt-cheap! LOVE this stuff!

My HG lip balm! Nice, smooth moisturized lips with a hint of color. I'm on my third tube, which is rare since I almost never finish my lip balms/glosses!