Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

4.3

on 9/27/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is exactly what I've been looking for!! So since lipsmackers dr. pepper is no longer available to buy :( I've been on the hunt for something moisturizing, with some shine and a touch of colour. This is absolutely perfect. Maybe even better than lipsmackers. It seems that the moisture lasts longer, the tint is a bit less, like a subtle "I've been eating berries" stain. The scent is nice, not too strong and the price is good. Can't ask for anything more. This is the perfect balm to have in your bag for a quick hint of colour and some moisture.

Oh and the one I bought is called Nivea fruity shine strawberry and I purchased it at Loblaws (canada) for about $3.

My lips where ruined by one of those eos lip balms (cracked, bleeding, peeling) and I could find anything to fix it for over a month, not home remedies or even extremely exspensive products. I was in Canada for a holiday during July and I went to a Shoppers drug mart to pick up some makeup and found this gem. I'd heard of Nivea before and I saw the balms next to the counter, this one caught my eye. I'm so glad I found it. My lips have never been better. It's great for a lazy day when you can't be bothered with lipstick, it's got an amazing scent that isn't too overpowering and a gorgeous pink/red too it. It's also good for applying just before you go to bed. It's also lasts for ages (7 months currently, and still lots left) My lips. are so moisturised and soft now I never want it to run out though, because I can't find it anywhere in Brighton!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This has been my go-to lip balm for a few years now. I mix it up sometimes, but this one is always on stand by.

It's simple, has a nice fragrance, a decent pop of colour, makes my lips very soft and smooth afterwards and it's very affordable.

Possibly the only negative I can think of is that it is harder to find than the regular Nivea Lip Care. Not everywhere carries this variation for some reason. My local Shopper Drug Mart, for example, does not carry it, but my grocery store does. Yeah... I don't get it either, ha.

I don't know what else to say, such a nice little lip balm. It may not pop as much on darker skin tones, as I do have very pale, ivory skin.

on 10/14/2013 4:01:00 AM

Nivea fruity shine strawberry lip balm is my HOT FAVOURITE! :D I've bought 4 of nivea lip balms including essential care, pink guava, cherry and this one. Essential care is great too, but it has no tint. Best for those who want a basic lip balm.
Cherry variant has a maroon tint and does the same job as every nivea lip balm does.

Pink guava has a dolly pink tint and I so loved its flavour I kept licking it :P

Strawberry one too, has an amazing flavour and scent and has a bright red tint which you would love on the days when you want a natural colour on your lips without using lipsticks. Its care is extra moisturising, so so soft! What's more, has good spf too!

Gives a lovely natural sheen. I've used maybelline rose red lip balm but they gave an unnatural gloss :(

Overall, this is a must-have for all those who want good care and natural color and sheen on their lips. The price is reasonable too, costs me around Rs.130. Go for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE pretty much everything about this <3 The smell, the light red tint, the moisturizing ability, pretty much everything~

on 12/2/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use this everyday. It makes my lips soft and gives off a pretty red tint. And I don't like red lipsticks, but since this is a balm/gloss it looks more natural. The only problem is that it doesn't stay on very long. I have to reapply it quite a few times throughout the day. Other than that, it's great.

on 11/25/2011 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a dozen empty tubes of this. I just love to keep them cos I know there will be an evolution to the packaging. I love seeing the change through the years. yes. years. anyway, i love the tint, the feel and the scent of this lip balm (hint of shine is fine). I have fair skin (part asian, part spanish) and when I put this on, it gives me that instant glow. People would think the red tint is my natural lip pigmentation and the shine was just from a lip gloss.:) when they released the new formula with the tiny iridescence in them, i kinda threw me off. (I only wear glittery stuff during night outs). but on my lips, theyre not that visible unless you're all over my face. lol. still has that scent, tint, and feel that i love. it's not that expensive too. :)

I really wanted to like both the strawberry and cherry but the tints weren't right for me. They also tended to stain my lips causing the color to intensify throughout the day with each application. There's a new Berry Swirl shade available in the States that seems to be a better match for my skin tone. I love the packaging - simple but cuter than a chapstick.

on 8/21/2011 12:37:00 AM

Eh, I wasn't really impressed with this product. It didn't moisturise, and the colour would just cling to any dry bits on my lips and look horrible. The only way I could wear this was on top of another lip balm. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a "lip care", I may as well just lightly use a lip gloss or lipstick for the same results.

on 8/9/2011 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think that this lip balm is a quite decent product.. I like it a lot.. it smells really good, it makes my lips softer and actually it is doing what it is supposed to do.. However, I like the classic blue one better... sometimes I think that this lip balm after it fades away, lefts my lips kinda dry.. esp during the winter.....so I need to reapply again and again...