Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/9/2016 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible. Atrocious. When I bought this lip balm, I had high hopes for it because it's Nivea. I LOVE their products and they never disappoint me. Until this. Can this even be called a lip balm? First of all, it does not moisturise AT ALL. It just sits on my lips and do nothing. Nothing at all. Secondly, it does not give any colour or shimmer. I am sorely disappointed. If I could, I'd rather not give any lippies.

on 1/10/2013 9:06:00 PM

Glides on
Dirt cheap
Good packaging
Great color

CON
THIS GAVE ME LIP BLACKHEADS! ugh the worst, and i know it was this product becuase they only apear when i use this!
NOTE: i do not have this problem with the PEARL SHINE formula

Read this review for an unpopular opinion: I rated this a "4" for price because in Australia it's close to $4 and that is not cheap for a lip balm... or at least, what I thought was a lip balm. Nivea Lip Care in Strawberry is actually a very glossy and shimmery red tinted balm/gloss hybrid. For a product of this type, I would have preferred more actual pigmentation and a slant in the shape of the stick so that I can apply it to my lips more accurately. But because it is so glossy, and too pigmented to apply as messily as it did, yet not pigmented enough to be an actual colour-product for my lips, I felt like a school-girl wearing play-time "lipstick" or someone who had eaten a popsicle and then kissed a bag of french fries. If this lip balm 1) were less glossy and actually functioned as a balm -- it was not moisturizing enough for me and did not sink into my lips, rather it sat on my lips like a greasy layer of oil... or 2) were in a lipgloss tube and had the consistency and pigmentation of a lipgloss... or 3) were more pigmented and less glossy and actually functioned as a liptint... or 4) had played up the camp/kitcsh factor and had Hello Kitty on the tube and a cat-head stick a' la Paul and Joe instead of what I thought was tacky, boring packaging... I would consider rebuying it. But since I am a very very fussy consumer, and also the smell and taste were too strong and reminded me of candy, it went in the bin. What a waste of $4.

I hate this product, it smells good, but I hate the color on my lips and how it feels on my lips. It feels watery to me, if that makes any sense :S. It's really melted in the tube, and I didn't even keep it around anything warm. The product just leaks through the bottom of the tube where you turn it, and the top of the tube just looks really messy from using the product. I don't recommend purchasing this product.

Soooo sticky....

on 3/5/2009 8:45:00 AM

If you like the feel of waxy lips, then this is for you.

Good in the beginning but this is a really soft lip balm and just melts even when it's not that hot!
After one exposure to heat, it's never the same again, I use to like the texture but it just seems to feel greasy on my lips now and never really drys. And when I think it has dried, the lip balm is really gone. So no staying power.

However I really quite liked the pigmentation of this, it was a really pretty tint. However you had to layer it on a bit to get that nice tint.

Packaging - tends to open in my bag :/

on 8/21/2011 12:37:00 AM

Eh, I wasn't really impressed with this product. It didn't moisturise, and the colour would just cling to any dry bits on my lips and look horrible. The only way I could wear this was on top of another lip balm. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a "lip care", I may as well just lightly use a lip gloss or lipstick for the same results.

Smells really nice, has good colour, but it lasts for about 10 minutes and then you need to reapply. It really just dries out my lips if I use it alone. I prefer to use it as a lip gloss instead on top of my lypsyl. Also, I find that if you drop it, the cap will either stay on and chip or come off and the actual product will chip. Also, if you do not put on several layers then the colour will be a little bit funny.

on 4/29/2011 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've brought this a couple of times. I admit it's not the best moisturizing lip-balm out there, but it does give me a nice reddish pink tint that looks quite natural and the smell is really sweet and makes me want to eat it! I usually wear it under a thicker clear lip-balm. :)