Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

***Click "continued" for pictures***

This is a neutral, subtle red that's slightly more pigmented than the average lips, making it an ideal MLBB shade. Compared to the fuchsia-red Cherry, I'd say Strawberry would flatter pretty much every skintone. More glossy than the average lipbalm, but not as shiny as lipgloss. Color's more subtle than lipstick, but more pigmented than the average tinted balm. Very moisturizing, feels light, not waxy, but may need touchup every 3-4 hours, which is no big deal thanks to the user-friendly packaging, I can take off the cap and twist up the balm all using one hand, unlike other tube balms which tend to require both hands. If you can't tell, I'm lazy and any product that's high maintenance won't take long to become unloved and weeded out.

So if you're up for a cheap, practical, pretty everyday lippie, give this a chance.

Photos of my other red tinted balms are included for other fans of soft red lips :)

continued >>

on 2/11/2010 11:38:00 PM

I purchased this product after I saw my friend using it. It seemed like something that a "girl next door" would use. Sweet, innocent, and beautiful.

Let's start with the good aspects of this lip balm...
1) It smells absolutely wonderful! Definitely not too sweet.
2) It is fantastic with moisturizing my lips.
3) Pretty tint to it, although the balm is sharp red colored, it looks natural on the lips.
4) The balm is smooth and glides on easily.

Now, unfortunately, there ARE some cons.
1) The balm stick scrapes against the opening of the tube when I twist it in and out so it's a bit of a gooey mess.
2) I can see some red (the balm is red) at the bottom twisting parts of the tube, but it's not leaking out so I suppose it's okay.
3) If I put on too much it can color outside of my lips which can make them look irritated, so I have to be careful.

I will repurchase this because the smell is wonderful. This balm does not have any flavoring to it.

on 10/16/2012 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although I love the wonderful strawberry smell to this lip balm, the color doesn't suit me as well as the cherry one does, but when worn sheer, it can be a pretty color on the lips too. I have the fruity shine version of the strawberry lip balm and it contains little glitters that unlike the cherry one, where I can't feel the glitter, I CAN feel the glitters to the strawberry one. It's not too rough, but it's definitely there. The color is definitely pretty when it comes to being swatched on the hand, it's a tad more towards a coral-red tint when it comes to being on my lips. It also has decent moisturizing effects on my lips, but the glitter and the color just don't suit me as much and I have to watch the amount I put on my lips which is kind of a hassle for me, so I give this lip balm a rating of 3. Its still a really nice balm that provides some moisture to the lips, maybe it will suit someone that's looking for a warm coral-red type tint. The price is inexpensive which is nice, but I don't think I will be repurchasing the strawberry one after I'm done with the one I already have.

I absolutely adore this balm! This is my absolute favourite lip product, and I really can't live without it. It went missing for a week, and I was so sad!!! If I had had a chance, I would have immediately rushed out to the store to purchase!

This is sooooo moisturizing, and has the perfect tint with the perfect finish that makes it look like my lips are really that colour! I got about a gazillion compliments when I was wearing this and at least 20 people asked me what lipstick I was wearing because they liked it so much, and were shocked to hear I wasn't wearing any! It can be applied without a mirror, which is a huge plus for me, and last but not least, IT SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE REAL STRAWBERRIES!

I can't wait to try the cherry one!!

I got this for 1 and its brilliant! I found it moisterised my lips well and stopped them getting too dry, it smells lovely and adds a sheer red tint. Also, it doesn't feel too heavy as many lipbalms do. I wear it under lipsticks to stop my lips getting dry but on its own it does wear off quite quickly, as do most lipbalms i suppose. Would definitely buy again.

on 7/20/2008 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried a LOT of lip balms and most of them are disappointing. This is one however, is one that I actually repurchase.

It always glides on smoothly, is not waxy. Unlike some other balms I have tried, this one does not feel like you're putting a layer of crayon on your lips, or dry up in my bag.

It leaves a lovely semi-wet shine (not too OTT) & a really nice sheer red tint.

It smells beautiful and most importantly - protects my lips & keeps them soft.

I highly recommend this lip balm!

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i like this lip balm because it gave my lips a subtle red color and it lightened my lips . It looked almost like a lip-gloss . the scent appealed to many people however it did not really appeal to me , i was not very fond of the strawberry smell . My lips were moisturized only for an hour which i was very unimpressed about . The thing that i was most unimpressed about the night when i applied the lip balm the next morning my lips would look dry again . I really liked the packaging of the lip balm because it looked a lot like a lip stick .

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this lip gloss many times. The first time I bought it, I was hoping it would give my lips a lovely red shimmer... it did... but VERY subtly. I find myself trying to apply LOTS of it, to try to get more of the red shimmer on my lips. My young daughter is happy about that, because she can use it too- its so subtle that she can use it without looking "made up", so shes allowed to share with me :-) Other than it being a little too subtle, it smells lovely, feels nice on and is a reasonable price. Definitely worth trying.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This has been my go-to lip balm for a few years now. I mix it up sometimes, but this one is always on stand by.

It's simple, has a nice fragrance, a decent pop of colour, makes my lips very soft and smooth afterwards and it's very affordable.

Possibly the only negative I can think of is that it is harder to find than the regular Nivea Lip Care. Not everywhere carries this variation for some reason. My local Shopper Drug Mart, for example, does not carry it, but my grocery store does. Yeah... I don't get it either, ha.

I don't know what else to say, such a nice little lip balm. It may not pop as much on darker skin tones, as I do have very pale, ivory skin.

on 10/14/2013 4:01:00 AM

Nivea fruity shine strawberry lip balm is my HOT FAVOURITE! :D I've bought 4 of nivea lip balms including essential care, pink guava, cherry and this one. Essential care is great too, but it has no tint. Best for those who want a basic lip balm.
Cherry variant has a maroon tint and does the same job as every nivea lip balm does.

Pink guava has a dolly pink tint and I so loved its flavour I kept licking it :P

Strawberry one too, has an amazing flavour and scent and has a bright red tint which you would love on the days when you want a natural colour on your lips without using lipsticks. Its care is extra moisturising, so so soft! What's more, has good spf too!

Gives a lovely natural sheen. I've used maybelline rose red lip balm but they gave an unnatural gloss :(

Overall, this is a must-have for all those who want good care and natural color and sheen on their lips. The price is reasonable too, costs me around Rs.130. Go for it!