Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

3.9

on 3/31/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent lip balm. Moisturizes my lips. Because it's tinted, it doesn't enhance any flakies or peelies on your lips like a white lip balm would do which I appreciate. It just tints them red also which is definitely less noticeable than white patches of skin on your lip!

The smell is ok. It smells sweet at first but there is a moderate undertone of..chemicals..reminds me of crayola pencils for some reason. But it's bearable for me.

The staying power is not the best, does come off if you eat/drink.

The tint is quite subtle which I like. I have pigmented lips and this adds a nice sheer pop of red and slightly glossy finish to it. Sort of like you were sucking on a red Popsicle effect.

I accidentely melted mine slightly in the sun and it's never been quite the same. The texture turned more gooey in the tube but it still works nonetheless. Just pop it in the fridge and it's good as new.

I wish this had spf in it so I could wear it in the sun also. Overall, good lip balm :-)

on 3/6/2013 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was this product loyal customer for 4 years and till date it's still my fav. However I found a better one so I don't think I'm going back but still this product deserve a nice review from me.
It's not dirt cheap, nor expensive. average price for a lip blam with little color. When I have chap lips, put this one will make the lip soft instantly, then it will peel to reveal the new skin. I don't know how they do this, but I'm half happy and half scare for such powerful power lol.
It's very easy to goes off, so you have to remember to put it back on after drink or eating or washing your face. It indeed does a good job in keep your lips moist and soft and glossy.

on 11/25/2012 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous scent, gorgeous color, decent moisturizing ability! The scent is like skittles strawberry candy, refreshing fruity-sweet but not too sweet and not overwhelming like some other lip products. The colour is really nice, a light tint of red which goes nice with fair skin.

on 10/2/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this, smells like real strawberries and is not overly sweet like my other strawberry lip balms. I like that it also makes my lips a bit shiny. It's not that pigmented on me though, it's hard to see if my lips get any redder unless I put it on half my lip and compare it to the other half, even then it's only a little bit redder. I still prefer it over my other strawberry lip balms though, would repurchase this one instead of the others.

on 7/31/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love the tube and the round tip of the balm. Love the strawberry scent, not too candy-ish. The colour doesn't look natural on me though, I've got light olive skin. It can cling to dry areas and isn't my choice for moisturising ability either. I would get it in another flavour if I can find a tint that works for me.

on 7/28/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I keep one in my purse, one at work and another at home just incase I loose the other two lol....
it lasts long, I have gotten many compliments on this . It doesn;t leave the white lines on your lips.
only negative thing? You have to reapply often, but other than that, this is a great cheap product!

on 6/1/2011 1:15:00 PM

Overall, happy with this . So cheap, I pop a few around the house, car and purse so its always around,very light feel on lips..
Gives a real berry colour flush to lips- wish it lasted longer but its far better than some goey lip gloss.

on 2/11/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The best - can't live without this stuff. I've got one at work and one in my purse at ALL times. Just can't beat it - moisturizes lips, gives a nice sheer colour and absolutely no stickiness. Love it love it love it.

on 12/8/2010 7:53:00 PM

Finally a lip balm with a nice tint in Canada. I've ALWAYS wanted something like this but it just wasnt available. It's moisturizing and it feels really nice and moist but not waxy. Love the tint, you can actually see it but its not a lipstick. Love it!!! only complain is the spf, I wish it was at least 15 or more. but you cant get everything so I still love it. and will buy again and try the cherry one next. (I hate FAKE strawberry smells but this one smells as close to the real thing as you can get)

on 8/11/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm is great. I would consider this to be more of a lipgloss then lipbalm. Its hydrating, the strawberry scent is not artificial, the color is very sheer. I don't wear lipstick or lipgloss, so this is a good replacement. Going to buy more when i run out.