Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love love loved the OLD version of this. It was one of the only lip balms that actually moisturized my lips (even though it was a tinted one) and the colour suited me really well (it also smelled lovely). I give the OLD version a 5/5.

Sadly this was reformulated and I can only find the new one in stores now (it has slightly different packaging). That one doesn't work nearly as well as the old one (in terms of moisturization/healing). The colour and smell are different too--the colour isn't as pretty as before and the smell really annoys me now. If I found the old one again I would buy it for sure, but I don't see myself repurchasing the new one.

My lips where ruined by one of those eos lip balms (cracked, bleeding, peeling) and I could find anything to fix it for over a month, not home remedies or even extremely exspensive products. I was in Canada for a holiday during July and I went to a Shoppers drug mart to pick up some makeup and found this gem. I'd heard of Nivea before and I saw the balms next to the counter, this one caught my eye. I'm so glad I found it. My lips have never been better. It's great for a lazy day when you can't be bothered with lipstick, it's got an amazing scent that isn't too overpowering and a gorgeous pink/red too it. It's also good for applying just before you go to bed. It's also lasts for ages (7 months currently, and still lots left) My lips. are so moisturised and soft now I never want it to run out though, because I can't find it anywhere in Brighton!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This has been my go-to lip balm for a few years now. I mix it up sometimes, but this one is always on stand by.

It's simple, has a nice fragrance, a decent pop of colour, makes my lips very soft and smooth afterwards and it's very affordable.

Possibly the only negative I can think of is that it is harder to find than the regular Nivea Lip Care. Not everywhere carries this variation for some reason. My local Shopper Drug Mart, for example, does not carry it, but my grocery store does. Yeah... I don't get it either, ha.

I don't know what else to say, such a nice little lip balm. It may not pop as much on darker skin tones, as I do have very pale, ivory skin.

My go-to tinted lip balm when I'm in a rush! Also my lipcare product right before going to bed! Super great for moisturizing, and leaves a bit of color too. Overall an amazing product, will definitely repurchase!

on 1/10/2013 9:06:00 PM

Glides on
Dirt cheap
Good packaging
Great color

CON
THIS GAVE ME LIP BLACKHEADS! ugh the worst, and i know it was this product becuase they only apear when i use this!
NOTE: i do not have this problem with the PEARL SHINE formula

on 10/16/2012 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although I love the wonderful strawberry smell to this lip balm, the color doesn't suit me as well as the cherry one does, but when worn sheer, it can be a pretty color on the lips too. I have the fruity shine version of the strawberry lip balm and it contains little glitters that unlike the cherry one, where I can't feel the glitter, I CAN feel the glitters to the strawberry one. It's not too rough, but it's definitely there. The color is definitely pretty when it comes to being swatched on the hand, it's a tad more towards a coral-red tint when it comes to being on my lips. It also has decent moisturizing effects on my lips, but the glitter and the color just don't suit me as much and I have to watch the amount I put on my lips which is kind of a hassle for me, so I give this lip balm a rating of 3. Its still a really nice balm that provides some moisture to the lips, maybe it will suit someone that's looking for a warm coral-red type tint. The price is inexpensive which is nice, but I don't think I will be repurchasing the strawberry one after I'm done with the one I already have.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love Nivea lip products, and this one is no exception! Nivea's strawberry lip balm is great for when you don't have the time to fuss with a lipstick or highly pigmented lip gloss but still want a subtle sheen of colour. It's very sheer, but I feel that putting this on adds a little something to the lips--this is what started my craze for sheer red lips! The product doesn't smell super artificial; rather, it smells sticky and sweet, like strawberry juice that is drying up. And it's moisturizing, too! The cons to this are that it has no SPF (I'll often apply an SPF lip balm under the Nivea), and the tube gets messy on the sides. Still, it's a product that I know I'll be buying again and again!

on 11/25/2011 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a dozen empty tubes of this. I just love to keep them cos I know there will be an evolution to the packaging. I love seeing the change through the years. yes. years. anyway, i love the tint, the feel and the scent of this lip balm (hint of shine is fine). I have fair skin (part asian, part spanish) and when I put this on, it gives me that instant glow. People would think the red tint is my natural lip pigmentation and the shine was just from a lip gloss.:) when they released the new formula with the tiny iridescence in them, i kinda threw me off. (I only wear glittery stuff during night outs). but on my lips, theyre not that visible unless you're all over my face. lol. still has that scent, tint, and feel that i love. it's not that expensive too. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it gives you natural red lip color and it even moisturise your lips, but if i compare it with nivea lipcare (the blue one), the blue one is better because it moisture your lips more than this one, it can change your lip colour but you can use lipstick anyway :)

on 8/23/2011 2:04:00 AM

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! This little chapstick has replaced my lipstick and my previous lip balm. The color is absolutely amazing, it's exactly what I've been looking for all these years!! It gives your lips a nice subtle reddish-pink tint however it's not as opaque as lip stick. It also gives it shine and it's moisturizing. I'd say this is a 3-1 because it pretty much gives you the color of lipstick, the shine of lipgloss and the moisture of a chapstick, it's honestly perfect! And hard to believe it's for $2.99 ohhh yeahhh!! This is going to be my HG lip product, I can tell you that!