4.4

price range

Reviews

1.0

10 months ago

Sadly I’m allergic to this soap that is promoted as organic.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Why did I wait so long to buy this? The almond scent smells heavenly, not overpowering, simply delicious! Diluted ratio of about 1:10 with water cleans my makeup brushes, sponges, etc. fantastically. I am talking no residue or staining left behind whatsoever! Foams up into a rich, thick, creamy white lather. I can see why it’s used as a shave cream. Rinses clean, gentle and non-drying on the skin. I am tempted to use this in one of my foaming hand soap containers when I run out as I love it that much. I think I will give that DIY a try and see how it goes. Recommend? To quote Thataylaa on YouTube, “Heck Yeah!”. Purchase again? An even more emphatic “HECK YEAH!”. If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, what are you waiting for? Go out and pick it up, you need this in your life.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I love Dr. Bronner's soaps and this is my favorite one. Smells so good, yummy almond. I use this mainly as a body wash. Doesn't give me rashes or breakouts and rinses clean. No toxic or potentially harmful ingredients. It is a true soap and not a detergent so it's a little drying in the wintertime but I squirt a little into my washcloth and that's all I need to clean my whole body. Pairs really well with The Body Shop's almond and also the coconut body butter!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

I love Dr Bronners soaps in general but this is very drying for my hands and the smell is nice but WAY too strong for me. It's a really good brush cleaner but still I prefer the Tea tree one from the same brand for my brushes, as Tea tree has antibacterial properties.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

3 years ago

I love this stuff. To be honest, I started using this as a body wash because I read in NYT that it's what Zoe Kravitz uses and apparently I can't think for myself. But I ended up loving it and it's become my go-to! You have to remember to dilute it though because it can be a little drying otherwise. The scent is nice and not too strong. I also use it for shaving sometimes, but it can be irritating if you don't lather it up enough first. One thing I would NOT recommend using it for is a face wash. Tried that and it ended up breaking me out in severe cystic acne that took months to go away. Turns out that the PH is way too high to be used on your face.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Beautiful scent, lathers nicely, good for multi-use. I mostly use it in the shower with a loofah and it lathers up quite nicely. The consistency is pretty thin (not thick like body wash). Honestly though my favourite part is the scent, my only nitpick is that I wish the scent lasted longer on my body after I shower because it's absolutely divine and I am obsessed. I've also tried the Peppermint scent--which was still good--but made my nether regions tingle

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

This is the whole grail of soaps. It does everything. It smells delicious. It's vaguely edible. You can take it camping and it won't destroy the wildlife (unlike another popular biodegradable soap brand I know...). It lasts forever. It does laundry. It's all natural. It's just generally amazing. My boyfriend's been complaining about it drying out his skin; it turned out he was using way too much. Only a few drops take you a long, long way. Remember Obelix. I've tried it in Peppermint, too, but this one smells nice and natural and clean and slightly old-fashioned. Also, it smells like soap, plain and simple, so you won't expect anything else when you go to brush your teeth with it. The peppermint one will trick you into thinking it's going to taste minty until its royal Soapiness touches your tongue. Real danger.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I finished up a bottle of the Unscented Baby Mild & switched to this. The scent is a light, warm fragrance that is perfect for the upcoming fall & winter seasons. As always Dr. Bronner's gets my body clean without making it feel super dry & it doesn't taste too offensive when used as a natural alternative to toothpaste. A little goes a long way to make this foam up really nice. I recently started using it as a natural alternative to shampoo & the key is to get a small travel sized bottle & dilute it. Then I pour the soap directly from the bottle onto my head which helps the product lather better. After this I use a diluted Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to seal the hair cuticle & add shine. I follow up with a Shea Moisture Conditioner & my hair is left smooth with lots of body & shine. If I don't use the Apple Cider Vinegar & go straight to conditioner my hair will be left really sticky & oily. I occasionally use this to wash my laundry too & my clothes always come out fresh & clean.

About reviewer (416 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I found a bottle of this stuff at the store yesterday for only $2.49! Granted, it's the small 118 ML bottle, but still. I wept with joy. Not really, but almost. I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of this in peppermint, as I currently have it in the bar soap form and not only does it smell magnificent, it cleans my sponges like a charm, too. There are a million and one things that can be done with Dr. Bronner's magic soaps (what kind of mind trickery does this Dr. use, anyway? This stuff is amazing), but I've been using it to clean my brushes and sponges. From now on, I'll stick with the bar soap for my sponges and the liquid for my brushes. Not only does the liquid clean the brushes really well, but it seems to condition them, too. I can't ask for more than that. A bit pricey, but worth every penny in my humble opinion.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I have sensitive skin that's also pretty dry, and sometimes I get rashes with certain brands of soap or if I'm stressed. This is the only soap that I know won't make me flare up, and I love almond scented/flavored anything. You only need a few drops to get a nice lather, and the 32 oz bottle has lasted me 5-6 months. Whenever I run out sometimes I use a hotel soap or some conventional brand, which won't necessarily break me out, but I find conventional soaps to be really slimy now and I don't even like them anymore. This is also really good for deep cleaning my makeup brushes and washing dirty clothes by hand. I've tried all the scents of this soap and I love them all.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinOther, Other