Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol * CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS ** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the whole grail of soaps. It does everything. It smells delicious. It's vaguely edible. You can take it camping and it won't destroy the wildlife (unlike another popular biodegradable soap brand I know...). It lasts forever. It does laundry. It's all natural. It's just generally amazing.

My boyfriend's been complaining about it drying out his skin; it turned out he was using way too much. Only a few drops take you a long, long way. Remember Obelix.

I've tried it in Peppermint, too, but this one smells nice and natural and clean and slightly old-fashioned. Also, it smells like soap, plain and simple, so you won't expect anything else when you go to brush your teeth with it. The peppermint one will trick you into thinking it's going to taste minty until its royal Soapiness touches your tongue. Real danger.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finished up a bottle of the Unscented Baby Mild & switched to this. The scent is a light, warm fragrance that is perfect for the upcoming fall & winter seasons. As always Dr. Bronner's gets my body clean without making it feel super dry & it doesn't taste too offensive when used as a natural alternative to toothpaste. A little goes a long way to make this foam up really nice. I recently started using it as a natural alternative to shampoo & the key is to get a small travel sized bottle & dilute it. Then I pour the soap directly from the bottle onto my head which helps the product lather better. After this I use a diluted Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to seal the hair cuticle & add shine. I follow up with a Shea Moisture Conditioner & my hair is left smooth with lots of body & shine. If I don't use the Apple Cider Vinegar & go straight to conditioner my hair will be left really sticky & oily. I occasionally use this to wash my laundry too & my clothes always come out fresh & clean.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I found a bottle of this stuff at the store yesterday for only $2.49! Granted, it's the small 118 ML bottle, but still. I wept with joy. Not really, but almost.

I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of this in peppermint, as I currently have it in the bar soap form and not only does it smell magnificent, it cleans my sponges like a charm, too.

There are a million and one things that can be done with Dr. Bronner's magic soaps (what kind of mind trickery does this Dr. use, anyway? This stuff is amazing), but I've been using it to clean my brushes and sponges.

From now on, I'll stick with the bar soap for my sponges and the liquid for my brushes. Not only does the liquid clean the brushes really well, but it seems to condition them, too. I can't ask for more than that.

A bit pricey, but worth every penny in my humble opinion.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best makeup brush cleanser I have ever used (and I've used a lot). This thoroughly cleanses my brushes in a very short amount of time, and it smells SO good. Dr. Bronner's has a few scents but this one is definitely the best. Highly recommended.

I have sensitive skin that's also pretty dry, and sometimes I get rashes with certain brands of soap or if I'm stressed. This is the only soap that I know won't make me flare up, and I love almond scented/flavored anything. You only need a few drops to get a nice lather, and the 32 oz bottle has lasted me 5-6 months. Whenever I run out sometimes I use a hotel soap or some conventional brand, which won't necessarily break me out, but I find conventional soaps to be really slimy now and I don't even like them anymore. This is also really good for deep cleaning my makeup brushes and washing dirty clothes by hand. I've tried all the scents of this soap and I love them all.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I really can't figure out the rave reviews for this product. Unfortunately I bought it online so I didn't smell it first and I was disappointed when I smelled it as it is really strong. Still I could get past that if I liked how it feels on my skin... it is so drying! And yes I did dilute it. Perhaps I'm in the minority but when I bathe I don't like to feel like there is nothing at all left on my skin, with this my skin is so dry I can't even run my hand over it. I was desperate to get out of the bath and put some moisturiser on myself. Thankfully I think I'll be able to use this to clean my makeup brushes but I'm going to go with something else for my body.

on 6/29/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So effective and mild at the same time. I use it in the bath, for my baby, and to clean brushes.
I highly recommend it

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a staple for me and has so many uses. It does not dry my skin out, and cleanses wonderfully.

I have brought it camping, used it to wash dishes, my dog, myself... anything really. I will definitely be repurchasing. I also really like the almond scent.

I have enjoyed using the liquid version of this to clean my brushes. I purchased the bar soap, and it's even better. First, when you use the liquid, it's easy to use too much when you pour it out of the bottle, then also it takes longer to rinse the soap out.
With the bar soap, you just wet the bar- rub the brush right on the bar, you will see all the makeup coming off instantly- it even gets my Sigma synthetic brushes that I use for liquid foundation clean in one swipe! It rinses cleaner and quicker than the liquid and it's less than $4.00. Great bargain.
Next I think I will try the tea tree one, which will probably be good as a disinfectant for face brushes.

on 12/10/2014 3:04:00 AM

Bought this to clean my makeup brushes. Based on some YouTube channels I follow and the reviews here I decided to try this out. I was pleasantly surprised with how concentrated the formula is. A little goes a long way. It completely cleaned my brushes and smelled really good. I also began to use it as a shower gel. I've also used this to handwash some of my clothing. I've also tried to use this as a cleanser for my acne prone skin. What I did was I diluted two drops with some water in my palm and lathered it on my face after removing my makeup with bioderma. My skin has improved in terms of acne flare-up and keeping my combination skin less oily. I'm sure there are many other uses for this all in one soap. I'm really happy I picked this up and i cannot wait to try the other scents like lavender. What I love is that this is certified organic. I've seen this product at whole foods but purchased mine at an online store organic century. Ca as it is cheaper. I paid about 12 with taxes.