Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner

Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Leaf Juice(1), Glycerin, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Arnica Montana Flower Extract(1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Papaya Fruit Extract(1), Chamomilla Flower Extract(1), Lemon Peel Extract*, Cucumber Fruit Extract(1), Echinacea Angustifolia Extract(1), Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract(1), Lavender Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Olive Leaf Extract(1), Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caprylyl/Capryl Wheat Bran/Straw Glycosides, Fusel Wheat Bran/Straw Glycosides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alcohol(1), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Anisate, Sodium Levulinate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

This product is full or irritating ingredients. Orange peel oils and other fragrances that can cause dermatitis and irritation. Fragrances can break down collagen. Fragrance free is best for all skins. This product will eventually ruin your skin.

on 5/23/2015 8:05:00 PM

I was skeptical of buying this product because the reviews were so mixed, but I must say I'm very happy with the purchase. The smell is not too strong like many other posts have said and I feel that my face is so much cleaner and much more even than before. I use it twice daily, after cleansing and it doesn't irritate my skin. I gave it four stars instead of five because sometimes it does leave my face feeling sticky, however, that may just be from me putting too much on the cotton pad. Either way, I would definitely recommend this product!

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this on clearance in target for 4 bucks and honestly it should be banned. It smells like rotten fruit and it made me get blackheads in the side of my lips. I never had blackheads in that area! Absolute garbage :*/

on 3/11/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews for this product! I really like it. I have normal to dry skin so perhaps that's why it works well with my skin. I use it once a day (at night) and apply my night cream right after and wake up to smooth glowing skin. It's great! :) The only negative thing I experienced was the stinging/burning sensation immediately after applying the toner. I found my face was a bit red for a few minutes after but once I applied my night cream it went away. I will def purchase again!

on 5/23/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell but leaves my skin feeling numb afterwards, as if they put a topical anesthetic to reduce the burning of the harsh chemicals.
Skin felt as if my skin got a chemical burn.

Recently I switched to a rosewater toner and am much happier with it.

on 5/8/2013 10:57:00 AM

This used to be my favorite skin care product... until it was reformulated about six months ago. I used it twice daily for years -- it left my skin feeling fresh and clean, but never dry, and it smelled like citrus. Then one day I opened a new bottle and discovered that the product had changed completely. Now it leaves a sudsy residue on my face (the opposite of the effect I'm going for!) and the smell doesn't seem as bright as before, either. Unless they revert to the old formula, I will never buy this again.

on 4/13/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this toner, I was looking for a drugstore vitamin c toner to help even out my skin tone and help fade my acne scars and based on the reviews here I gave it a go.
Big mistake..
The first day I applied it right away I noticed the strong smell it had.
Then on about day 3-4 I noticed a fine film on my skin which I thought was weird, and then by the end of the week I saw breakouts on my face, huge, cystic breakouts, this toner I think it has too much glycerin or something because I could really feel it on my face,
I felt like I had 4 moisturizers on my face, it felt thick and greasy and very clogged. I saw blackheads in areas where I never see them! This toner completely clogged my skin.
As for the acne scars, it did slightly fade them away but as soon as I stopped using the toner they appeared again, so it doesn't actually help the problem.

Overall, I will not repurchase this toner ever again. Horrible product, clogged me up completely, broke me out. It doesn't even deserve 1 lippie from me.

on 8/24/2012 5:29:00 PM

The biggest thing that bothered me was the smell. Maybe it would be fine by itself, but it mixed with the serum I use after it and just really bothered me. It didn't break me out, but didn't seem to do anything REALLY good either.

on 7/6/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm 21 years old and I have been playing tennis for almost 10 years. I have been exposed to the sun 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day. (I wear 100 spf sunscreen) Thankfully I have never had any issues with my skin. I don't have acne (I only get 1 or 2 pimples during that time of the month) and I don't have wrinkles or fine lines or anything like that. I bought this toner because vitamin C helps brighten your skin and I wanted to start taking care of my skin. I didn't see any results on my face, but my mom told me that my skin looks brighter and even toned. She went and bought a bottle for herself. I guess this toner really works and I'm pretty sure that I will continue to buy it.

on 6/24/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall, I really have no complaints about this product. It helped to get any makeup residue off of my skin after cleansing. It didn't leave a sticky film. My skin felt refreshed, not tight, and because of the vitamin C, I felt like my skin was a little healthier. I noticed my pores were smaller after using this product. I'm not sure if it is due to to the toner or anything else i may have done differently, like exfoliating and using a mask more often. Regardless, I do believe this is a good product that I feel is good for my skin, and does a job well done.