MAC Pigment in Naked

4.2

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wear this as an every day eye shadow . . . I usually blend it with the eye shadow Naked Lunch which is very similar in colour.

For reference, I wear an NW 13/NW 15 (sometimes an NW 20 in the summer when I tan a little) and have cool undertones in my skin.

The only thing I really don't like about this product is the fallout - it's really difficult to apply it without fall out. I put Naked Lunch all over my lids and then place this under my eye brows and then blend it all together. It turns out as a really light, natural pink for me. I then usually blend in Woodwinked in the middle of the lids and then Antiqued on the outer corners blended with carbon/pencil eye liner. This look actually gives a bit of a smokey eye without too much for the day time. It's still really neat and put together but has a little more kick to it . . . it's one of my favourite looks.

So overall, I like it. I bought a container of it almost two years ago and I'm only about half way through it with almost daily use. You really only need a small amount of this, and you shouldn't use a whole lot so as to avoid fallout on your cheeks. (ProTip: I always, always do my eyes first when I'm using this product so that I can use a face wipe to get rid of the excess without disturbing any foundation because I don't have any on yet)

Seriously - it's a great addition to the make up bag for those of us who are really fair skinned with cool undertones. For those who have darker, warmer skin tones it might show up with too much shimmer/gold for your liking . . . but maybe that's just me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Quite chalky, glittery, and not really useful. Doesn't do much of anything, really. Best avoided. MAC carries better options for whatEVER you are considering this for, be it highlighting, eyeshadow, or for lips.

I think I will try April49's idea of mixing it with MAC Vanilla pigment, and pressing it for a highlighter.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a champagne beige with fine sparkle. It goes on really smooth washes the eyelid in a very subdued way. It looks very shimmery in the bottle, but there is really not a lot of color payoff-not that that is necessarily bad, it's just is a very neutral color. I knew this going in because I read some reviews, but if you are looking for a more obvious beige/gold color payoff, I would go with the Blonde's Gold or even the Vanilla pigment. This is good for a more subtle effect. It didn't come with any paper saying it's unsafe for eyes, as some reviewers have claimed in older reviews (maybe that was from an older formulation). Overall, this should last me a long, long time, so I do not know if I would repurchase. I think this is a good everyday color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate to say this but I can't help but feel disappointed with this product. I thought this shade would have more of a pearl finish with a champagne undertone but unfortunately it doesn't. It actually has quite a golden undertone therefore leans more warm. I just don't really like the colour but I can imagine a lot of people would. I will repurchase other shades but just not this shade.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I love Mac Naked pigment!! I think it's the most beautiful nude eye shadow on the market. The ethereal glow that it has is amazing. It's just so stunning!! - And then, there's that frick'in glitter in it. I really am not a fan of glitter. But I love Naked so much that I'm willing to overlook it. The glitter is micro and so that helps to overlook it, but, I wish Mac would put out Naked minus the glitter. Because the naked matte color behind the glitter has the ethereal glow. It's not the glitter that gives it the glow, it's the satin like velvet finish in the nearly matte - like, however still yet sheen, that gives it the glow. Anyway, if anyone knows of another eye shadow that comes close to Naked with out the glitter, or a rather a good dupe minus the glitter, please let us Makeup Alley bloggers know about it. Bare Escentuals does have a loose eye shadow called Satin Peach and it's the closest thing I've found so far. However, I'm still on the hunt for a closer dupe.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was given to me as a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas three years ago I believe. I really fell in love with it. Nice neutral, light, shimmery pigment. I use this alone all over my lids, the inner corners of my eyes, over eyeshadows, & on my Cupid's bow. It's beautiful. I went through the whole container and have yet to buy more... Definitely worth the purchase.

This is pointless. It has no color payoff besides crazy glitter. Just awful.

Perfect neutral/all over color. Looks great by itself or with other colors. I like to use this on the lid and inner corners of eyes, and on cheekbones as a highlight. It is very sparkley but not big chunks of glitter. If you pack it on the lid it does have coverage and covers darkness/discoloration well and just really brightens up the eye area.

The absolute best nude eyeshadow in the world! Stays put forever. There's a lovely light sparkle in it, but it's just enough to add some interest. It's wonderful as a base to other bolder colours. I also like a little dusting on my cheeks as a highlighter. Although it looks like the container is small, I've been using the same bottle for about 6 years - it only takes a small amount to get the colour payoff. I tap a little bit out onto the back of my hand, then use a brush so that I don't contaminate the product in the container.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Rediscovered love!

I have had this pigment for a while and have started recently using it again and I don't know why I ever stopped. It is a beautiful neutral color with some shimmers but it doesn't look over the top or overdone at all. A definite day or night color.

I have several neutral eyeshadows and pigments from MAC and other brands and have nothing else quite like this. Really pretty colour.

I have the full size jar and have pressed some. Definitely recommend pressing this color so you get more use out of your pigments as this is a definite HG product that should not be neglected