Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/22/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Returned after a week. My face felt taught and as you guessed: more breakouts... HUGE cystic acne. It's not worth paying $35 to leave more hyper-pigmentation and craters on my face. Ended up exchanging it for the coverFX powder foundation to help cover up my face. TOO DRYING, thus causing more breakouts. Should've listened to my esthetician (been a while who told me to use salicylic acid face wash maybe twice a week. Face wash AND a gel is too much... when your skin becomes dry = more breakouts. For now I'm using the Boscia Black Cleanser with the Clinique Acne Solutions toner (with Salicylic Acid), and so far the breakouts are drying up.

JUST DONT BOTHER!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

After I ran out of my other products, I thought I would give this a try and had an extremely bad reaction that sent me to the dermatologist. My skin oily and acne prone. I would say buy the small set and try it out. It's not the best treatment out there.

on 9/29/2009 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a month and I am just starting to see some good results!! Let me give you a brief skin bio...I have oily skin that usually behave then I started to have the occasional break out ( stress from school?!?!) and it left me with a small case of acne on my cheecks. I went to sephora and the rep recommended MURAD and she said that I should results in two weeks. Two weeks later and I saw nothing! I was so upset that I was about to return the product (bc of the great return policy they have at Sephora). However I stuck with it and I am glad that I did because now a month later my skin looks so much better.
Some say that this regimen dried their skin out..well I have oily skin so I didn't notice that problem at all. The exfolliating gel does make my skin itch but it has made so many of my acne scars fade away and then finally disapear that I don't mind putting up with a little itch (on my face lol)

I would deffinately say give this product a try, if in doubt get from Sephora and that way if you don't like it you can always return it for something else.

on 5/20/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Absolutely AWEFUL! I was hoping this was going to replace Proactive. I have super oily, senstive moderate but persistant acne. The first week my face felt wonderful, satiny smooth! Then my face erupted into a cycstic acne nightmare and it charred my skin -literally burned to a crisp and it dried me out like a leaf in winter, even around my eyes! I'd never experienced anything like it. Trying to believe that this was the "adjustment" period, I stayed with it beyond the 30 days, cutting back how often I used it but things got only worse. My face hurt to the touch! I've had acne all my life and dont know what it feels like not to have zits, but for the first time I was self-consciense and embarrassed to go out, it was so bad. It took months to get my skin corrected but now I have all the leftover scars that for an AA person are almost impossible to fade! I know this works for many, but it ruined my skin probably forever. NEVER AGAIN! Beware if you have senstive skin!!!

on 10/28/2008 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Made my face as dry as the Sahara Desert which led to more breakouts. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

on 10/22/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I used this product last year when I was dealing with my sporadic breakouts. I was 19, and am of African decent. It caused me to break out on both sides of my face in cyst clusters-gross. And when the left over was post acne scarring that looked like a rash. I remember my brother was was looking at my face disgustingly, because it looked like I had a rash. I said it was a breakout. I don't know about YOU but this product is the WORST I have used. I would NEVER buy this again!

-It cost me around $60. 4 steps: A cleanser, a gel, a lotion and spot treatment.

on 3/31/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I hold myself not to review it earlier to wait for this things work on my face.I've been using it for 4 weeks ,hope miracle will change my acne prone skin but nothings works,even i had more zit than before,wont buy it again!
update: i have zit cause i use it with clinique turnaround serum and clinique super defense for oily skin skin also, when i only use this kit only, my skin began smoother and my pore is tighter

on 2/23/2008 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using the products in the Acne Complex Kit for over 4 years. Murad has revolutionized the texture and tone of my skin. I don't wear foundation, I use less concealer, and sometimes I'll leave the house wearing just moisturizer and sunscreen. I've had salespeople at Sephora stop to ask me what products I use on my face -- my skin looks THAT good!

I started using Murad products when I was 25, after years of trying (and failing) to find a regimen to treat my never-ending cycle of whiteheads and dark spots. My initial regimen went something like the following:

Clarifying Cleanser
Clarifying Toner
Exfoliating Gel (every other night at first, and then slowly increasing the frequency of application each week until I could use the gel every day and every night)
Skin Perfecting Lotion
Broad Spectrum Sunscreen (at least SPF 30)

The first few weeks of using Exfoliating Acne Gel were a B***CH. If you look at the list of ingredients in the Acne Gel, you'll notice that glycolic acid is ingredient #3 -- you're basically slapping a low-grade AHA peel on your face. Yes, it stung like a mofo for the first two weeks. Yes, I actually broke out MORE after starting to use the Exfoliating Gel. Yes, I almost did not finish the kit and questioned what I was doing to my face.

Fast-forward about six weeks, and, for the first time since high school, I didn't have a single whitehead on my face. After another three months, I noticed the pores on my face were much smaller (especially around my nose) and my skin was sooooo soft. After about six months, my skin tone was much more even, and I stopped using foundation. Oh, and not a single whitehead on my face during this whole time. I actually can't remember the last time I had a zit on my face, let alone the last time I had a full-scale breakout.

To counteract the drying effects of the gel, I recommend that you step up your night cream and use a moisturizing sunscreen -- especially if you have combination skin. Once you've gone without a breakout for a month, you can probably step down the use the gel to just the morning. I find that the Clarifying Cleanser is a little too drying to use both day and night, so I use the Shu Uemura Balancing Cleansing Oil at night to remove my makeup and cleanse my face.

I never write product reviews, but I was a little disheartened to read that so many people had given up using the products before giving them a chance to really do their magic. The acne you see on your face got its start about two weeks before you saw anything on your skin, so you have to give the products at least 4-6 weeks before casting judgment.

I swear by the Murad Acne Complex products and will never, ever use anything else on my skin. If you're thinking of trying the products, the $30 trial kit available at Sephora is worth every penny -- just don't give up on the system!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this for a month now. I like the Murad line and I've seen improvement in my skin since I started using
this system. Granted I don't use each product.

WHAT I LIKE:
The Clarifying Cleanser: Even though I'm bored with it (I'd already been using this in conjuction with other skincare line products), it keeps my skin clean without drying it out.

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel: I like this. A nice, thin, easily-absorbed salicylic acid gel. It's helping. In the beginning, it brought some huge, painful pimples to the surface, but now those are pretty minimal except the days right before my cycle.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
The Skin Perfecting Lotion: Since I use a moisturizing sunscreen, this cream was useless to me.

Acne Spot Treatment: I was hoping this would speed up the healing process but it just makes my pimples larger than they'd usually get for a couple of days and *then* they heal. Love the idea, though.

STILL ON THE FENCE:
Clarifying Mask: Oh this sulfur mask stinks! The smell stays on my skin hours after I wash it off. But I think it may be helping as well. Doesn't make things worse, like that spot treatment.

I wouldn't buy the kit again, but I think the Murad line has some great products. I think my issue's hormonal though, and in the long run, this is just another way of mistreating my problem.

on 3/1/2006 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

These products burned my skin really badly. My face burned after the first wash, and the lotion and everything else only made it worse. The skin around my mouth became warped with serious hyperpigmentation after using this product for about a week. I should've stopped after the first burn!

Popular Face Skincare Products