Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Murad Acne Complex

2.2

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was confused by the 30-day Murad Acne Complex kit I purchased from Sephora - It came with the cleanser, the sunscreen/moisturizer, a sulphur mask, and a spot treatment. It didn't feel like a complete skincare system for 30 days... (no regular moisturizer?)

My skin didn't really clean up my skin or perform any miracles and I really thought it should have included a better moisturizer. These are very expensive products and the ingredient quality didn't live up to my expectations. I have tried other Murad moisturizers that I love but nothing in this kit really stood out for me.

on 3/10/2014 5:02:00 PM

For everyone saying that the Murad doesn't work, KEEP USING IT.

Over the past 7 years I have suffered from SEVERE cystic acne, and have tried virtually every over the counter topical product (Proactive, LUSH products, Acne Free, Clean and Clear, the Body Shop Tea tree line, etc.), topical prescription (Retin-A. Clindamycin, Dapsone, etc) , and internal prescription (minocycline and Bacrtrim) with results not lasting longer than 6 months for a topical and a year for an internal. (Except for Bactrim DS which I took every day for 2 years, after which I became resistant to most antibiotics and decided to discontinue use.)

I was unable to try accutane due to several joint/ bone issues I have, so I essentially gave up at this point and decided to just wait it out until my skin changed as I grew older.

Then this year (my sophomore year of college) my mom had me try the Murad system.

The first 8 weeks were TERRIBLE. I had never seen my skin that bad. Literally every inch of my face and neck was bright red and covered in cysts. They even popped up inside of my nose, on my lips, and inside of my ears which I didn't know was possible.

I decided to stick with it because the labeling said there would be a "purging" period and maybe I just had a lot to purge.

After 8 weeks things became better, and after 10 my skin was essentially clear. I have now been using Murad for 8 months and apart from the occasional pimple, my skin is almost completely normal. I do have a large degree of scarring from the terrible purging period, but after incorporating the "post acne spot lightning gel" to my regime, even that is confined to my lower cheeks and jawline.

If you are where I was 8 months ago and you have been through ALL of the prescriptions and everything else, and HONESTLY feel like you have nothing to lose, I highly recommend this system. The purging period will be VERY VERY difficult, but if you are as desperate as I was and you're willing to wait it out for at least 3 months, I would definitely try it out.

If anyone wants to see some before and after pictures, you can message me on here and I can send them to you. I really really believe this product can work if you use it religiously and give it enough time.

on 6/2/2012 6:22:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! this is the worst decision ive ever made. I had read all of the negative comments but decided to try it anyway. I woke up with a severe allergic reaction. It made my eyes swell up and my face was red, burning, itching, and covered in hives. This did not just happen to me, it happened to many people I know as well.

I like the way this cleans my skin, but it didn't exactly do what I thought It would. After a few weeks my acne cleared up a little bit and i thought it would continue working. However, it just will not get rid of the pimples on my cheeks. My forehead and chin are clear for the most part now , with occasional breakouts. If i need it on my chin and forehead I would buy it again, unless I find something that works better on my whole face.

on 1/19/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

*sigh*. I wanted this system to work. What I learned: don't listen to the saleslady at Sephora, and pay attention to past experience. I used the whole system together, then each of the components alone for a while to see if they were any good.
The facewash is useless. It has menthol in it, to make it smell medicinal and feel like it works, but it doesn't. Skin feels dry without looking clean, and it doesn't remove makeup.
The gel toner stuff seems to be the most effective product. For some reason it absorbs so fast that you have to keep squeezing out more just to cover your face. It's really hard to get the product out of the bottle. It feels very drying, but did have some effect on clarity and pimples. None whatsoever on clogged pores. It has since been conclusively equaled in not beaten by (drumroll please): lemon juice. From a lemon. $.79.
The sulfur spot treatment feels tingly when I put it on, but I can't tell if it does anything. It doesn't cause the skin to peel off in layers like benzoyl peroxide., but it doesn't halt the progression of the zit like B.P. either.
The lotion has a funny filmy feel, and I just don't see the point of using lotion without SPF. At night, sure, but I'm not a teenager, along with most of Murad's target audience, and I'd prefer to use a night lotion that really does something.
The one thing I liked about this kit is that the toner gel seems to really help the mess on my shoulders, of all things. If you must use Murad, just get the toner.
I probably wouldn't sound so snippy if I didn't feel so shortchanged by the high price tag.

on 4/18/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. And I'm pregnant. That combination is a triple-threat of skin care problems. I have used other acne systems, like Proactiv, before and had good results. But with this pregnancy, all bets are off. Nothing I had used before was controlling my break-outs. My skin wasn't responding to anything so I gave Murad a try. And it worked... immediately! The serum is pretty harsh so I only use it when I have a break-out.... but it does work. My skin feels super clean after using the system and the moisturizer is perfect for my skin: soothing, not oily, not heavy, absorbs quickly. Like other acne systems, I found that Murad was a miracle cure for the first couple of weeks and then it lost some of its effectiveness. I had the same thing happen with Proactiv. Once I have a break-out under control, I use the Murad system in conjunction with other products and only use the full Acne Complex regieme once a day or once every other day. In between I use mild, natural cleansing products (Murad isn't exactly "natural") along with the Murad moisturizer. That seems to work - when I do use the whole system now it feels like it is working again. I think by using it every day my sensitive skin starts to rebel against all of the harsh treatment. I've been using the system for about 4 months now and I'm very happy with it. I would purchase it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

first of all im gonna say sorry to the people who like it BUT i have a very different opinion heres what happened...
it says try it for a month so i did, the first time round it cleared up most of my spots and also moisturized my dry patches an then i had a little brake and then the second time round all my spots had come back, i dont know what caused them but i have now stopped using Murad ad my spots are clearing up, now i use lush as u can tell from my name :P lol and i love it because its so natural.. back to muard...murad wasnt so natural, the packaging wasnt that beacuse my cream's bottle broke and it all came spilling out!! it wasted about 75% and i toatl waste of money. Also the gel's bottle is quite hard to use i find. but anyway personally i don't feel good utting loads of chemiaclas on my skin which could get into my body.. it also tries to strip all the oils away from your skin and although this sounds good for oily skin, it takes away ALL your oils even your good ones which means your spot has nothing left to help it get better :( poor spot! so ^^^this was my experience x

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Im going on two weeks now past the "purging period" Im still waiting for the improvement. After the third day using this product I noticed the texture of my skin was smoother and I didnt have that many zits a few days later I was loaded. I figured it was the dreaded purging taking place, but the purging is not dieing down but rather getting worse. I have a collection of deep zits all along my jaw now and I get painful explosive zits all over my face. I keep using it waiting for the magic to kick in, I would hate to stop and look worse than when I began but thats the way it seems to be going:( My forehead is clear Ill give it another review next week and let you know if it worked.

Alright its been a week now so Im adding on to my review. It still sucks, the cleanser is alright but not worth the price. I tried just cutting out the exfoliator gel for a few days and that helped some. The gel is the cause of the breakouts however it also seems to make my skin look more even. Overall I am not satisfied with this product it grew so many new zit clusters on my face I now have permanent scarring. When I started using this product I had one breakout, but overall alright skin. I have always had oily skin with large pores but Ive never had cysts or deep pimples like I did with murad. Murad does seem to heal the zits fast but each new zit left a red mark or scar now I'm going to a dermatologist and see what can be done:(

on 10/31/2008 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product actually made my skin worse. I gave it the suggested 8 weeks but instead of clearing my skin I found it made me breakout even more - and in the deep, painful cystic pimples. The salicylic acid in the products does not work for my skin.

To be fair though, I would recommend this product to anyone who has not had success using products containing benzoyl peroxide. I find that acne-prone skin tends to react well to one or the other but not to both.

on 10/30/2008 6:51:00 PM

It's ashame that I didn't read the reviews before purchasing this.... but I'd have to agree with the majority here. All in all, this kit does not treat or prevent acne which is the whole purpose. The Cleanser was decent, but it didn't work any better than a cheap drugstore cleanser. The Exfoliating Gel is worthless. The Acne Spot Treatment made me breakout worse wherever it was applied. And the ONLY good thing I will say is that the lotion is nice, but if your skin tends to be on the dry side, it probably would do nothing for you. The 30 day supply lasted for more than 60 days, and I kept hoping the magic would kick in sometime after that, but it never did. So basically, if you're thinking about buying this, don't.

Popular Face Skincare Products