Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Murad Acne Complex

2.0

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 12/15/2008 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know a lot of people are against the Murad acne products. However, I'm one of the few success cases. On the other hand, I'm a realistic success case. There was no major miracle with my face as I still do break out around my period. However, my face is so much calmer and I keep trying different products but nothing keeps my acne more in control than Murad. I can't give this a 5 because I'm not completely clear all the time and like right now I have a active zit and another acne scar on my chin, but it deserves praise because I feel more secure about myself than the hell I was living in about 5 years ago. My acne wasn't severe but it was moderate/high mild and I hated going to work coz when I started there I was pretty clear skined and then bam, pimple city. When using Murad, using twice a day helps coz when I tried using it once a day(to save costs) I started breaking out more. You can skip here and there but be careful coz it's habit forming.
When you first start using Murad make sure to only use the exfoliating gel at night for two weeks. Using it twice a day.... well your skin will purge and it's embarrassing. Murad is not for everyone, but have patience coz for me that is what it took for it to work. Maybe about 6 weeks in did I start to notice real progress. If you want completely clear skin all year round I don't think Murad is for you but if you can live with pimples here and there and completely clear skin half of the time then try it.
I actually get compliments on my skin because my cheeks glow from the exfoliating treatment gel and i average about one to two major pimple every two months or so around the period time. If anybody is a fan or need advice of Murad, email me.

I thought that I would give this products a try since I started to broke out really bad last month.
This product just made my face WORST THAN EVER !!!
I had cyst and my face was inflammed !!
I went to see a doctor after I used this product.

on 9/20/2008 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this product is a not good!!!!!!it ruined my skin...i started out with 1 pimple and after 3 days my forehead broked out really really bad!!!!!!they said its called purging but after 2 months it just gotten worst!!!!!!!!!

on 4/4/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never again!!!! I used this my first year of college and it made my skin go through hell! HUGE, painful dark red pimples formed. My face hurt to the touch. It made me not want to look in the mirror. I thought it might just be me, and that I was sensitive to the product, so I gave it to my brother. After a weeks use, his face was in the same horrible condition. I felt so guilty. We immediately threw the product away.

on 3/31/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I hold myself not to review it earlier to wait for this things work on my face.I've been using it for 4 weeks ,hope miracle will change my acne prone skin but nothings works,even i had more zit than before,wont buy it again!
update: i have zit cause i use it with clinique turnaround serum and clinique super defense for oily skin skin also, when i only use this kit only, my skin began smoother and my pore is tighter

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this for a month now. I like the Murad line and I've seen improvement in my skin since I started using
this system. Granted I don't use each product.

WHAT I LIKE:
The Clarifying Cleanser: Even though I'm bored with it (I'd already been using this in conjuction with other skincare line products), it keeps my skin clean without drying it out.

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel: I like this. A nice, thin, easily-absorbed salicylic acid gel. It's helping. In the beginning, it brought some huge, painful pimples to the surface, but now those are pretty minimal except the days right before my cycle.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
The Skin Perfecting Lotion: Since I use a moisturizing sunscreen, this cream was useless to me.

Acne Spot Treatment: I was hoping this would speed up the healing process but it just makes my pimples larger than they'd usually get for a couple of days and *then* they heal. Love the idea, though.

STILL ON THE FENCE:
Clarifying Mask: Oh this sulfur mask stinks! The smell stays on my skin hours after I wash it off. But I think it may be helping as well. Doesn't make things worse, like that spot treatment.

I wouldn't buy the kit again, but I think the Murad line has some great products. I think my issue's hormonal though, and in the long run, this is just another way of mistreating my problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff ruined my face! The products in the kit left my face really red, severely dried out, itchy, and peeling. After using this kit for a week, my face was left feeling like it had been burned!

This kit isn't nothing but a total waste of money! I only wish that I could rate it a 0!

I have only been using this for a few days but I already see a difference. I was using Neutrogena products for my mild acne and it wasn't really doing anything. Within 24 hours of switiching to Murad my existing pimples shrunk almost completely away and my skin feels healthy and cleaner. I'm sure it's not for everyone. I've tried Proactiv and it was wayyy too hars but others rave about it. Same for this I'm sure. But I will say that it's much more gentle than Proactiv. My skin is on the sensitive/dry side and I can use this kit with no problems so far. I'll have to see how it works in the long run but so far so good.

This kit didn't break me out, and I actually liked the scent and feel of the products, but they didn't do anything for my acne. Proactive is so much better!

on 11/25/2005 9:53:00 PM

also, i used it for about 2 months or longer. just kept getting worse and my face was shiny, tight, and oily at the same time. weird.

Popular Face Skincare Products