Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Murad Acne Complex

1.8

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/14/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After the skincare line that I had been previously using reformulated their products, my skin took a turn for the worse and I started to develop mild adult acne. I panicked and saw this kit at Sephora. I tried it without doing any research and I wish I never had. I had high hopes, but I had a bad reaction to the products and after a week of using it, developed more pimples in spots that were never a problem to me. I specifically developed about 30 whiteheads all around my nose, which was horrifying. I immediately stopped using it, and the whiteheads went away, but my other acne problems persisted. The only thing in this kit that was useable was the lotion, but it wasn't very moisturizing and had a "glue" smell, but is good as a primer for an oily T zone.

on 6/2/2012 6:22:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! this is the worst decision ive ever made. I had read all of the negative comments but decided to try it anyway. I woke up with a severe allergic reaction. It made my eyes swell up and my face was red, burning, itching, and covered in hives. This did not just happen to me, it happened to many people I know as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

A brief background of my skin:
-Combination oily during summer, combination dry during winter
-Very persistent acne on the chin and nose area.

I saw the tv ad last June and thought "This might just work on me!" So, the next time I saw the tv ad, I forced my mom to watch it and I begged almost on my knees so she would buy it for me. So she did. THEN, that's when I thought of looking up reviews. I was so scared about the purging part because of all the reviews. My first shipment came and lo and behold the get clear, stay clear slogan in the white box with the blue insides and the simple packaging. Upon using it, my skin felt soft and smooth (But I think it was just me). After 3 days, I could swear my skin was a bit clearer. I continued using it and continued observing as well. 4 weeks later, my acne was still there and EVEN WORSE. I got really big pimples all over my cheeks, where, mind you, I don't usually get pimples. I braced myself and told myself "It's the purging, it WILL get better" So I continued and my face felt painful because of the pimples. I could see how rough my skin is when the light shines on it and I look in the mirror. I felt so ugly. Honestly. I waited another 2 weeks because that's what the representative at murad suggested. I just gave up. It was such a waste of money and effort. It takes so long to apply! I wasted time as well. It's not worth it. AT ALL. If you are acne prone, don't waste your time, there are so many other products out there that ACTUALLY works. If you've suffered just like me because of murad, I highly recommend Bioderma.

on 3/13/2011 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried this set in the past and like a lot of the reviews here I really did not think it was worth the money. I have since moved on to another brand of acne treatment. What appealed to me in the first place in the Murad brand, but also it seemed to be an alternative to benzoyl peroxide and/or salicyclic acid. Both of these are drying to my skin.
However, Murad Acne Complex, did almost nothing for my acne. It was not as drying, but not effective. What was also discouraging was that the 5 part system seemed more geared to getting to you to buy a lot of products than a consistent workable treatment system. The ingredients list on these is incredibly long and full of chemicals, including parabens. Once you run out of any of the five items in the set, you are stuck buying them individually at rather expensive prices. I was better off with a Benzoyl Peroxide product and a sensitive skin moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I was very weary because of other reviews I had seen but I knew I had to at least try it myself. I bought the 30 day trial from Sephora and began the acne battle. My skin did get worse at first, as I had read it would..but then it cleared up perfectly. I still get breakouts, esp around that time of the month..but nothing like I used to get. I will say I am not a fan of the spot treatment, I prefer my clean and clear spot treatment..but I love everything else. When you're washing your face with the cleanser, make sure to massage it in for a minute or so and let it work...and make sure to use all the steps!

This obviously isn't for everyone but I really really liked it and it works for me. I can't ask for any more than that.

on 5/26/2010 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I purchased this a Sephora and gave this a try even though some of the reviews on here was not very high at all. I thought what the heck and did it anyways since Sephora has a return policy.
I used this for a little over a week and sure enough had to return it.
When I used it the first couple time I thought huh this might work but after about 5 days my face to broke out in places that I never did before and my face felt like someone wiped my face with grease, it was awful.
So please really consider the reviews on here for I have learned again the hard way and wasted time and now trying to get my face at least back to the way it was before I tried this horrible stuff.

on 9/3/2009 6:11:00 PM

I used to use Pro-Activ to clear my pimples when I was a teen and it worked really well for me..so well that I discontinued using it. Fast forward to my college years. I moved to a different city and stress was making me break out bad so I decided to go the Pro-Activ route again...and it didn't work. It was like, I had become immune to it or something. Wanting better results, I bought a Murad's starter kit at Sephora. I was so excited to try this thinking that if Pro Activ didn't work again, Murad's surely would. Well I was WRONG.

Murad's is the WORST THING I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE!! I regret using it to this day. It is over a year later and I still suffer from breakouts of a different degree than I had before I ever used Murad's. First I started breaking out in HUGE pimples on my forehead. I NEVER broke out on my forehead before. I kept using the products though b/c I thought this was just the "purging" phase. WRONG AGAIN. Although the forehead zits went away, I started breaking out HORRIBLY on my cheeks (along my cheekbone) and temples with CYSTIC acne! I never in my LIFE had a cyst before I used Murad's! This stuff just wreaked havoc on my face and I think it is still trying to recover from using this crap! This all happened within 2 months of use btw!

Many of the stories and reviews I have read about Murad's (after using it of course) seem eerily similar to mine. Especially with the amount of people saying it broke them out in cystic acne as well. My 2 cent on this products is to STAY FAR, FAR AWAY! I wish I had never used Murad's and I'm sure my face would look a lot different today if I hadn't!

on 8/29/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

okay this is literally the worst product ever.....this made my skin just horrible. i mean i started using it after proactiv which completely cleared my skin up (but i stopped using it and then when i bought it again it didn't work >=/ so i was devastated) okay so i saw the commecial and got hyped up about it so i got it. I do know most of the times there is a purging period, but i don't think a purging period can last 3 months. this gave me huge breakouts...just work acne in general & sometimes i'd have one side of my face clear and the other side crazy with those nasty bumps we all hate. i tried getting a refund, but don't remember what happened cause they didn't let me refund it after i had payed almost 70 dollars. Guess i shoulda read the reviews first. So, beware!

on 5/28/2009 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HORRRRRIBLE. i had alotttt of pimples on my forehead and decided to try murad as a higer end acne system. worst decision of my life. i broke out like never before ALL over my face, got comodones, cystic acne. i even waited for over 2 months hoping it was just a purging, but this my face horendous. even after stopping more than a month and a half ago my skin keeps the side effects. instead of just my forehead breaking out, all my cheeks and chin are breaking out and are rough with little bumps. NEVER try murad. not to mention when i first started i was flaking like crazy.

on 12/28/2008 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't work for me. Differin gel in combo wih an oral medicine from my derm did wonders though.

Popular Face Skincare Products