Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/22/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Returned after a week. My face felt taught and as you guessed: more breakouts... HUGE cystic acne. It's not worth paying $35 to leave more hyper-pigmentation and craters on my face. Ended up exchanging it for the coverFX powder foundation to help cover up my face. TOO DRYING, thus causing more breakouts. Should've listened to my esthetician (been a while who told me to use salicylic acid face wash maybe twice a week. Face wash AND a gel is too much... when your skin becomes dry = more breakouts. For now I'm using the Boscia Black Cleanser with the Clinique Acne Solutions toner (with Salicylic Acid), and so far the breakouts are drying up.

JUST DONT BOTHER!!!!!

on 5/20/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Absolutely AWEFUL! I was hoping this was going to replace Proactive. I have super oily, senstive moderate but persistant acne. The first week my face felt wonderful, satiny smooth! Then my face erupted into a cycstic acne nightmare and it charred my skin -literally burned to a crisp and it dried me out like a leaf in winter, even around my eyes! I'd never experienced anything like it. Trying to believe that this was the "adjustment" period, I stayed with it beyond the 30 days, cutting back how often I used it but things got only worse. My face hurt to the touch! I've had acne all my life and dont know what it feels like not to have zits, but for the first time I was self-consciense and embarrassed to go out, it was so bad. It took months to get my skin corrected but now I have all the leftover scars that for an AA person are almost impossible to fade! I know this works for many, but it ruined my skin probably forever. NEVER AGAIN! Beware if you have senstive skin!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Ok, so the problem I think with this kit is that it takes longer than 8 weeks to see clear skin...especially if you have been suffering from acne for a long time. If so, then 8 weeks is frankly not long enough to unclog your pores, sorry if you think that. It took 3 months for my skin to stop breaking out, then another 6-12 to clear active scars and yes it got worse before it got better, but it got better and my skin was finally allowed to heal. And for anyone who's popping pimples that arise while waiting for the "purging" process to subside, you are sabotaging the entire situation. Popping pushes everything back in and damages the pores, sometimes to the point that no amount of aha or bha or retinol can fix it.

If I had moderate acne like I did last year like I did (due to sudden job loss) I would buy this again. But for now the acne exfoliating gel (or the pink t-zone gel) is all I need in terms of treatment for continuous healing of my skin--all other products are mild and non-medicated or all natural.

If you are aware of what's really going on with your skin and are realistic (you can't always go from full-on pizza face for 10 yrs to 100% clear in 2-3 months), it will work for you. Murad has been studying skin for a looooong time. I trust his research.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this for a month now. I like the Murad line and I've seen improvement in my skin since I started using
this system. Granted I don't use each product.

WHAT I LIKE:
The Clarifying Cleanser: Even though I'm bored with it (I'd already been using this in conjuction with other skincare line products), it keeps my skin clean without drying it out.

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel: I like this. A nice, thin, easily-absorbed salicylic acid gel. It's helping. In the beginning, it brought some huge, painful pimples to the surface, but now those are pretty minimal except the days right before my cycle.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
The Skin Perfecting Lotion: Since I use a moisturizing sunscreen, this cream was useless to me.

Acne Spot Treatment: I was hoping this would speed up the healing process but it just makes my pimples larger than they'd usually get for a couple of days and *then* they heal. Love the idea, though.

STILL ON THE FENCE:
Clarifying Mask: Oh this sulfur mask stinks! The smell stays on my skin hours after I wash it off. But I think it may be helping as well. Doesn't make things worse, like that spot treatment.

I wouldn't buy the kit again, but I think the Murad line has some great products. I think my issue's hormonal though, and in the long run, this is just another way of mistreating my problem.

Popular Face Skincare Products