Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Murad Acne Complex

2.4

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was confused by the 30-day Murad Acne Complex kit I purchased from Sephora - It came with the cleanser, the sunscreen/moisturizer, a sulphur mask, and a spot treatment. It didn't feel like a complete skincare system for 30 days... (no regular moisturizer?)

My skin didn't really clean up my skin or perform any miracles and I really thought it should have included a better moisturizer. These are very expensive products and the ingredient quality didn't live up to my expectations. I have tried other Murad moisturizers that I love but nothing in this kit really stood out for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Thank GOD I'm not the only one who absolutely hates this skincare system! I had previously been using the Mario Badescu acne system and though I liked it a lot (it was very gentle and smelled great except for the mask), it was doing absolutely nothing for my skin. I had a minor breakout at the time, and the MB wasn't doing anything to make it better, but also did nothing to make it worse. Back in January, I decided to get some Murad, as my friend who has severe cystic acne uses it and his face has cleared up a lot. So as you can imagine, I had some high hopes and expectations for this product. Within three days, the purging began, and my chin and one cheek were absolutely COVERED in zits. These weren't just run of the mill zits; these little suckers throbbed and ached like crazy, and if anything touched my face, the pain was excruciating. I was absolutely miserable, but as a long time user of acne systems, I knew that purging was normal and that it should clear up in a week or so. Hmmmm... Nope! The clear areas of my face were the only parts that looked better and healthier, that is, before the inevitable new crop of zits that I would get. Now, it's almost April, and though I'm still on the system in hopes of it clearing up, my other cheek is now host to about five unsightly zits, and my chin has completely cleared up, save for the scars that now line the right side of my chin and the pitted, yes, PITTED scars that the throbbers left behind. Although it has slightly helped, the Murad system has done me more harm than good. I'm going back to Proactiv, which has worked wonders for my skin. I guess Murad is successful to some people, and more power to them, but almost four months of little to no improvement in my skin has cemented in me the harsh opinion I have of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ive been using this for years and am clear. It took about two months to clear my skin completly. BEWARE THOUGH theres a new murad acne complex that contains Benzoyl Peroxide known to cause chemical burns and severe eye swelling allergic reactions. Too bad because i loved the old kit.

STILL USING THIS. *****11/21/2014*******

Love Murad. I am still using it DAILY IN THE A.M. AND P.M. only because it works for me, that's why I don't stray from it.

Just for your info, I also added an antibiotic topical toner called clindamycin to my murad and Vanicream moisturizing night cream for the winter weather.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was really excited when I got this product! My thoughts were: "Yay, I'll finally have clear skin!" Yeah... my skin never became clear.. in fact, it became worse. THANK GOD I only bought the 35 dollar trial kit because the actual thing is about 100 bucks right?! AH! Anyways, this stuff irritated my face like crazy. It honestly looked like a war zone. My skin 'purged' as Dr. Howard Murad said it would, except it never got better. I would actually wake up to more blemishes! I stopped using it after like 3 weeks and whaddaya know my skin went back to normal. Sigh.

RUINED MY FACE -
I had a little acne before I started using this but afterwards it got a lot worse, like my entire face was covered in acne. I followed the intructions perfectly, and I wondered why my face was not improving after four weeks. I was irritated so I called a representative who told me I was using it wrong, she told me I was only supposed to apply the gel once to begin with even though the instructions clearly state twice a day morning and night. She told me she had worked with Dr. Murad herself and he told her it was to harsh to start twice a day. That was odd I thought, she also told me to put the mask on troublesome spots when I went to bed. Okay... I did it and it still did not work. The system doesn't have a high success rate I found out later; before I had just read reviews on the site. It was a waste of money and made an even bigger problem.

I gave it a fair chance of about eight weeks and my face actually looked worse than when I started. I recommend Cliniques Acne Solution line because that is what cleared my face after this disaster.

on 8/29/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

okay this is literally the worst product ever.....this made my skin just horrible. i mean i started using it after proactiv which completely cleared my skin up (but i stopped using it and then when i bought it again it didn't work >=/ so i was devastated) okay so i saw the commecial and got hyped up about it so i got it. I do know most of the times there is a purging period, but i don't think a purging period can last 3 months. this gave me huge breakouts...just work acne in general & sometimes i'd have one side of my face clear and the other side crazy with those nasty bumps we all hate. i tried getting a refund, but don't remember what happened cause they didn't let me refund it after i had payed almost 70 dollars. Guess i shoulda read the reviews first. So, beware!

on 8/25/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

HATED IT.
As I stated in a couple of reviews, I was using Proactiv...then (as the story goes) It stopped working. You have all read this same complaint about Proactiv, and I thought "pfft, come on how can it stop working with such great results?" well I'm telling you it does...and your skin gets *so* much worse...while at the end of my rope, screwing around with that *stupid* Zeno device (crap) I saw the Murad Acne Complex Commercial...I guess cause they were Proactiv Bashing...Idk I fell for it anyhow.
Why didn't I like Murad?

A It smells GROSS. I hate the stink of sulfur, and the moisturizer blows chunks

B The day Cream has effin sparkles in it. Figure it out? Make up or acne treatment...who knows. Anyway, it gave me millia times a million :

C The price is just over the top. Frig off Murad. >:[

Overall. GARBAGE. No great thing happened, and it made my already angry skin outraged. continued >>

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Total crap. Didn't do anything for my skin at all. Took 2 weeks to ship to Ontario, Canada, then by the time I finished with the products, it was too late to mail back anyway, so I couldn't take advantage of their 60-day return promise, but whatever. Live and learn not to fall for corny infomercials.

on 10/31/2008 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product actually made my skin worse. I gave it the suggested 8 weeks but instead of clearing my skin I found it made me breakout even more - and in the deep, painful cystic pimples. The salicylic acid in the products does not work for my skin.

To be fair though, I would recommend this product to anyone who has not had success using products containing benzoyl peroxide. I find that acne-prone skin tends to react well to one or the other but not to both.

on 2/3/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

ANYONE CONSIDERING BUYING THIS, PLEASE READ THIS...I completely understand anyone's pain they feel with having bad skin, it's like having a bad haircut, if your hair were never to grow. You're just stuck with it, and it just wrecks your confidence. I don't want anyone to experience what I did with this product so I hope this helps you. Before I review this product, I'm going to give a backround on my skin. My skin mostly breaks on on my forehead and temples (hereditary) and occasionally a pimple on my cheek or chin. On a day to day basis if I were to use no product on it, I'd probably have 5-10 pimples on my face, most of them whiteheads, or your run of the mill pimple, and rarely if ever a cystic zit, as well as blackheads on my nose and a few enlarged pores on my cheeks. Mild/moderate acne, but by no means severe. I have used Proactiv before (there is a review of it on here from a while ago) with very good results. But I can't afford it, it's very expensive so I had to stop using it sadly, but it gave me so much confidence. I was searching for a new regimen and found this at Sephora. I had heard many celebrities allegedly used it and it was formulated by some famous doctor guy in L.A. so I begged my Mom to get this for me as an early Christmas present, because I couldn't afford the kit ($60!) I started using this at the beginning of November and stopped using it probably two weeks ago. Definately enough time to see full results, unfortunately that was not the case. I gave this a chance but it completely RUINED my skin. My skin has never looked this horrible. The cleanser, in all fairness was nice. It was a gel like consistancy, a little medicinal smelling, but nothing unpleasant. Cleaned skin without drying it. My problem lies with the second step the Exfoliating Gel. RUN don't WALK away from this. It's a watery clear gel that smells literally like vinegar. It has gycolic acid, and retinol in it. (I'm 17 and my skin certainly isn't aging, so why the retinol?) It BURNED and turned my face bright red, though it exfoliated extremely well and was very soft. But the softness doesn't even matter becauseIt broke me out horribly. Pimples all over my cheeks, where I never break out. At one time I counted 30 pimples on my face. That's triple what my skin would be on it's worst day WITHOUT treatment! Ridiculous! The moisturizer was average at best, and didn't really moisturize at all. The spot treatment was useless as well. I used this product for over two months, and each day my skin got progressively worse and worse. I even cried one time because the burning and stinging was so intense on my face. This is the biggest rip-off in acne skin care. Murad robbed me blind and completely ruined my skin. Immediately after stopping this system my skin returned to it's normal self. NEVER EVER EVER buy this, I don't want anyone to experience what happened to me. You'd feel better just flushing your $60 dollars down the toilet, then ever trying this corrosive crap on your skin. :)

Popular Face Skincare Products