Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Murad Acne Complex

2.6

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 8/26/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using these products for a few weeks now, and I can honestly say I've never had clearer skin in all of my adult life. I never had acne as a teen, but when I hit my 20s, it came on with a vengeance. I've tried so many different products, from Proactiv to drugstore stuff. Nothing really worked. I'm 38 years old now, so on top of the breakouts I would get frequently, I'm also plagued with some scarring and uneven skintone. In just a few weeks, my face looks amazing. It's not completely clear to the point where I'd feel confident going without makeup, but I can see that's coming soon. The texture of my skin is feeling very smooth, my face is looking brighter, the oil is under control, and I am amazed at the results. I use these products twice a day and use my Foreo Luna with the cleanser to make sure to get a deep clean. I think it's pricey, but I'm so pleased with the results that I don't regret my purchase and will buy again. Long time reader of MUA reviews, but this is the first time I've felt the need to post my own. That's how great I think this stuff is!

I love this stuff,I had a sample and it cleared up all my acne in only 3 days! I bought the full bottle and I love it! The first day I used it I noticed a big difference the day after,most of my acne was cleared up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ive been using this for years and am clear. It took about two months to clear my skin completly. BEWARE THOUGH theres a new murad acne complex that contains Benzoyl Peroxide known to cause chemical burns and severe eye swelling allergic reactions. Too bad because i loved the old kit.

STILL USING THIS. *****11/21/2014*******

Love Murad. I am still using it DAILY IN THE A.M. AND P.M. only because it works for me, that's why I don't stray from it.

Just for your info, I also added an antibiotic topical toner called clindamycin to my murad and Vanicream moisturizing night cream for the winter weather.

on 3/10/2014 5:02:00 PM

For everyone saying that the Murad doesn't work, KEEP USING IT.

Over the past 7 years I have suffered from SEVERE cystic acne, and have tried virtually every over the counter topical product (Proactive, LUSH products, Acne Free, Clean and Clear, the Body Shop Tea tree line, etc.), topical prescription (Retin-A. Clindamycin, Dapsone, etc) , and internal prescription (minocycline and Bacrtrim) with results not lasting longer than 6 months for a topical and a year for an internal. (Except for Bactrim DS which I took every day for 2 years, after which I became resistant to most antibiotics and decided to discontinue use.)

I was unable to try accutane due to several joint/ bone issues I have, so I essentially gave up at this point and decided to just wait it out until my skin changed as I grew older.

Then this year (my sophomore year of college) my mom had me try the Murad system.

The first 8 weeks were TERRIBLE. I had never seen my skin that bad. Literally every inch of my face and neck was bright red and covered in cysts. They even popped up inside of my nose, on my lips, and inside of my ears which I didn't know was possible.

I decided to stick with it because the labeling said there would be a "purging" period and maybe I just had a lot to purge.

After 8 weeks things became better, and after 10 my skin was essentially clear. I have now been using Murad for 8 months and apart from the occasional pimple, my skin is almost completely normal. I do have a large degree of scarring from the terrible purging period, but after incorporating the "post acne spot lightning gel" to my regime, even that is confined to my lower cheeks and jawline.

If you are where I was 8 months ago and you have been through ALL of the prescriptions and everything else, and HONESTLY feel like you have nothing to lose, I highly recommend this system. The purging period will be VERY VERY difficult, but if you are as desperate as I was and you're willing to wait it out for at least 3 months, I would definitely try it out.

If anyone wants to see some before and after pictures, you can message me on here and I can send them to you. I really really believe this product can work if you use it religiously and give it enough time.

on 6/11/2013 5:19:00 PM

This product takes time to work, yes the purging sucks but about 3 months in my skin was FANTASIC. Like perfect and I have real terrible acne, and it is all gone!

on 5/7/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My parents first got me this when I was about 14, It was ok but I didn't take it serious because I was young and embarrassed. I decided to get it again two years later because I wanted to give it another shot after I bought tons of products that just didn't work for me. This system is by far the best I've ever used! I have oily acne prone skin (mainly forehead and nose), and for me, it's hard to find products that help control that. I absolutely LOVE this system! It can be expensive though but it is totally worth it! I'm glad I decided to give it another try. I know I'm kinda young and I'm just growing up so acne is common but with this, I actually feel confident and just happy about my skin. I don't not recommend for dry sensitive skin though because it is made to dry up oil.

I actually saw significant results using this system! I understand all the negative reviews this is getting, because the first 2 weeks using this I absolutely hated it. First 2 weeks I experienced itching, dry patches, red inflamed skin that I mistook for an allergic reaction! The instructions did say that your skin will "purge" before seeing any results and because I was already kicking myself in the butt for how expensive it was I decided to wait another week. This time I used the acne treatment gel once a day instead of twice a day and swapped the acne lotion( don't care much for the lotion) for my origins cream which I thought was more moisturizing. By the 4th week all my active breakouts were gone! Only thing I needed was something for my acne scars. I definitely recommend this product if you are a patient person... no acne system will give you results over night! I recommend this! It might work for you!

on 3/27/2012 11:10:00 PM

To start off i don't have very bad skin, only a few breakouts here and there. I wanted to get rid of those breakouts so i wanted to try this product. I have normal skin and a pretty even skin tone. The first time i used this my face felt so soft and i was really happy. i went to bed and woke up the next morning with breakouts where i had never even had them before...after using this product only once it made my not only my face but my whole body extremely dry and it felt like i had a sunburn. My face was so hot that i had to ice it all day. I do not have sensitive skin and this product destroyed my skin for weeks with only one use. I read all of the negative reviews and i did not listen but honestly take my advise and DO Not buy this product!

My dad bought me this product as a birthday present last year because he knew that the little bit of acne that i had bothered me and lowered my self esteem....well this product lowered it even more!!!!!!!
I literally went from having 12 zits on my face to almost 200...im not freaking over reacting!!I counted them!!!!!
This product saids that your skin will get worst before it gets better....yeah my sking stayed in the getting worst part...
My self esteem was so low...i was afraid of living the house.If i got invited somewhere i would lie to my friends so i wouldnt go anywhere!!I was even afraid of leaving my ROOM!!!!!!

This PRODUCT SUCKS!!!!!!!

I stopped using this product 6 months ago....best freaking desition of my life!!!!!!After i stopped using i didnt apply anything to my face for 2 weeks.It started getting better cuz i let my skin rest from the piece of crap anyways then i started home remedies.

I now on a scale of 1 to 10 my skin has cleared in an 8 in 6 moths.

I use the AcneFree Oil Free acne cleanser then i tone with tea tree oil.i have been doing that since 6 months ago...and im not afraid of leaving my room now but i am going for clear skin so yeah..

My friends dont notice i have acne now since i use a bit of makeup for school but when i started school even if i wore makeup they would notice it but now they dont which is good.

From the 200 zits bumbs pimples whatever u wanna call them i now have like 6 or 8 which im completly fine of having then 200 i mean c'mon of course i would pick 6-8 zits then 200!!!!!DUUUUH!!!!!

Oh and every wednesday and sunday i do home remedy mask like oatmeal and baking soda or apple cider vinegar honey and sugar mask.There are so many that i do anyways yeah

when i receive my order of the AcneFree All-Day leave on foam and the AcneFree 3-in-1 acne night repair foam i will use them after the tea tree oil of course.

Im hoping that with the products i mentioned that are on the way thos 6-8 zits will be terminated and i will be CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways Murad acne complex was the worst acne product i have ever used in my life.WORST-ER THAN CLEARASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAYS yeah im happy with my skin now that i stopped using Murad....

on 12/29/2011 10:51:00 PM

I have occasional breakouts and had hoped this system would help. No it didn't!!
Made my skin dry and my spots looked much redder and felt more painful, even when I woke up first thing in the morning, it just seemed to make them angry.
Have thrown it in the bin so that I am never tempted to use this on my face again.

Popular Face Skincare Products