Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Murad Acne Complex

2.0

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was really excited when I got this product! My thoughts were: "Yay, I'll finally have clear skin!" Yeah... my skin never became clear.. in fact, it became worse. THANK GOD I only bought the 35 dollar trial kit because the actual thing is about 100 bucks right?! AH! Anyways, this stuff irritated my face like crazy. It honestly looked like a war zone. My skin 'purged' as Dr. Howard Murad said it would, except it never got better. I would actually wake up to more blemishes! I stopped using it after like 3 weeks and whaddaya know my skin went back to normal. Sigh.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

A brief background of my skin:
-Combination oily during summer, combination dry during winter
-Very persistent acne on the chin and nose area.

I saw the tv ad last June and thought "This might just work on me!" So, the next time I saw the tv ad, I forced my mom to watch it and I begged almost on my knees so she would buy it for me. So she did. THEN, that's when I thought of looking up reviews. I was so scared about the purging part because of all the reviews. My first shipment came and lo and behold the get clear, stay clear slogan in the white box with the blue insides and the simple packaging. Upon using it, my skin felt soft and smooth (But I think it was just me). After 3 days, I could swear my skin was a bit clearer. I continued using it and continued observing as well. 4 weeks later, my acne was still there and EVEN WORSE. I got really big pimples all over my cheeks, where, mind you, I don't usually get pimples. I braced myself and told myself "It's the purging, it WILL get better" So I continued and my face felt painful because of the pimples. I could see how rough my skin is when the light shines on it and I look in the mirror. I felt so ugly. Honestly. I waited another 2 weeks because that's what the representative at murad suggested. I just gave up. It was such a waste of money and effort. It takes so long to apply! I wasted time as well. It's not worth it. AT ALL. If you are acne prone, don't waste your time, there are so many other products out there that ACTUALLY works. If you've suffered just like me because of murad, I highly recommend Bioderma.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally speaking, Murad is pricey in comparison to Proactiv and since Proactiv was terrible on my skin, I was very reluctant to try Murad. However, I believe in investing in my skin and if the product works for me, regardless of the price, I am willing to invest in it.
I have the Murad acne complex 60 days. During the first couple of weeks, my skin got worse. A LOT WORSE. It was terribly red and my cheeks and jawline was filled with acne. I hated it and I immediately contacted Murad. The person told me to use the topical gel once a day instead of twice. So now I only use it at night. It took a while for my skin to get used to it because my skin is super sensitive. So, it's been almost 9 weeks now and I'm still sticking to Murad and FINALLY, i'm seeing some results. It takes a lot of dedication and commitment to stick to something especially if you don't see it working right away. But, my skin is slowly healing and the acne bumps are going away. I think I went through a seriously disgusting purging period. Anyways, it did left a lot of scarring which I am still working on. So, fingers crossed, praying this product will finally work for my acne!

UPDATE: It doesn't work. The acne never went away and I'm not sure which product was it in the complex that broke me out but I stopped using it. The whole "purging process" wasn't the case for me. It just kept breaking out until I stopped using it. FAIL

on 2/15/2010 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I used the system faithfully for at least three months. I saw no improvement, and the sulfur in one of the treatments was so strong that I couldn't wear it during the day, when my skin was oily. I continued to use it until it started to irritate my skin. The only plus that it makes skin feel very clean.

on 12/15/2008 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know a lot of people are against the Murad acne products. However, I'm one of the few success cases. On the other hand, I'm a realistic success case. There was no major miracle with my face as I still do break out around my period. However, my face is so much calmer and I keep trying different products but nothing keeps my acne more in control than Murad. I can't give this a 5 because I'm not completely clear all the time and like right now I have a active zit and another acne scar on my chin, but it deserves praise because I feel more secure about myself than the hell I was living in about 5 years ago. My acne wasn't severe but it was moderate/high mild and I hated going to work coz when I started there I was pretty clear skined and then bam, pimple city. When using Murad, using twice a day helps coz when I tried using it once a day(to save costs) I started breaking out more. You can skip here and there but be careful coz it's habit forming.
When you first start using Murad make sure to only use the exfoliating gel at night for two weeks. Using it twice a day.... well your skin will purge and it's embarrassing. Murad is not for everyone, but have patience coz for me that is what it took for it to work. Maybe about 6 weeks in did I start to notice real progress. If you want completely clear skin all year round I don't think Murad is for you but if you can live with pimples here and there and completely clear skin half of the time then try it.
I actually get compliments on my skin because my cheeks glow from the exfoliating treatment gel and i average about one to two major pimple every two months or so around the period time. If anybody is a fan or need advice of Murad, email me.

on 9/20/2008 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this product is a not good!!!!!!it ruined my skin...i started out with 1 pimple and after 3 days my forehead broked out really really bad!!!!!!they said its called purging but after 2 months it just gotten worst!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i tried this system a few years ago, to discouraging results. it feels harsh on your face. the cleanser and gel make your face tight. and the spot treatment is the worst i have used, plus it kinda smells funny. not a fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This system didn't do a thing for me. I used it for about three months (based on viewing one of Murad's infomercials) with absolutely no noticeable results. If anything, it made my skin worse (maybe because it seemed to make it flaky and tight). Some product lines just do not click with me and this is one of them. I am currently getting excellent results with the acne.org treatment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked most of the products (Cleanser and the Spot Treatment, and the exfoliating gel was pretty good but somewhat irritating).

I have sensitive skin with the occasional breakout.
The Cleanser- was a bit harsh, but it did clean off a lot of dirt and did help clear my skin.

Spot Treatment- was awesome! This got rid of a huge zit on my extra sensitive fragile cheeks without any irritation or redness!

Gel- this got rid of some bumps under the skin and minor blemishes, but it was kind of irritating on my skin.

Moisturizer- this didn't do much. It just kind of sat there. It didn't clear my skin like it claims and it wasn't good at moisturizing. My skin isn't dry and it isn't oily (only on my cheeks and nose) so normally moisturizers are easy to please my skin, but this didn't do anything.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff ruined my face! The products in the kit left my face really red, severely dried out, itchy, and peeling. After using this kit for a week, my face was left feeling like it had been burned!

This kit isn't nothing but a total waste of money! I only wish that I could rate it a 0!

Popular Face Skincare Products