Murad Acne Complex

Filtered by age: 19-24
Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 3/20/2015 11:22:00 AM

DO NOT BUY THIS. PLEASE. I have never had bad skin, just the odd annoying spot that is very painful. I had heard Dr Murad products were supposed to be amazing. After two days, I am completely housebound my face is COVERED in spots, it's so dry it's flaking off and it also burns like mad. It's so hard deciding whether to buy a product or not when there is mixed reviews, some people have said it's great and you always focus on the positive comments. But please, do not learn the hard way, don't waste your money...my face is in agony and I am so embarrassed to even leave the house :(

on 12/29/2014 7:00:00 PM

So I'm going to say this to start: apparently your skin doesn't purge, like so many reviews say. According to a doctor about the 'your skin goes through a purging phase when trying a new product': "According to Dr. Anne Chapas, this theory is false. 'The skin's job is to keep things out, not to release impurities from the body. That's why we have a liver and kidneysthey are the organs responsible for detox,' she explains."
I guess it has to do more with your skin's equilibrium being thrown off and trying to readjust.

Just thought I'd put that there.

That being said, I had a very negative reaction to this kit, too. I used it for a couple of days and it made my face red, sensitive, and very dry. It also made the acne I already had more inflamed and bright red. I sort of had a feeling that washing your face with that gel and immediately applying the toner seemed way too drying, but whatever. I developed red blotches on my face and it was so awful. I did not feel good after washing my face with those products. And like many others on here, I started developing acne in places where I never have before (for me, my cheeks). The stupid wash even broke my forehead out, and my forehead is usually very compatible with most face washes. And the spot treatment did absolutely nothing at all, just made the zits that I carefully applied it to angrier. I pitched the kit and I only regret the damage it did to my face. The only lucky thing was, is my sister bought it for me for my birthday so I at least didn't waste any money.

on 7/1/2014 8:17:00 PM

I was super excited to start this acne kit so that I can get rid of the few extra blemishes I did have. After one night of using this stuff, the next day I took a look in the mirror and all hell had broken lose. I had acne in places where I NEVER get acne. I mean like huge clusters of bumps that hurt so bad! I will be returning this kit. And I would warn you not to use this stuff. Now I'm on the hunt to find something to clear these blemishes..smh

on 3/10/2014 5:02:00 PM

For everyone saying that the Murad doesn't work, KEEP USING IT.

Over the past 7 years I have suffered from SEVERE cystic acne, and have tried virtually every over the counter topical product (Proactive, LUSH products, Acne Free, Clean and Clear, the Body Shop Tea tree line, etc.), topical prescription (Retin-A. Clindamycin, Dapsone, etc) , and internal prescription (minocycline and Bacrtrim) with results not lasting longer than 6 months for a topical and a year for an internal. (Except for Bactrim DS which I took every day for 2 years, after which I became resistant to most antibiotics and decided to discontinue use.)

I was unable to try accutane due to several joint/ bone issues I have, so I essentially gave up at this point and decided to just wait it out until my skin changed as I grew older.

Then this year (my sophomore year of college) my mom had me try the Murad system.

The first 8 weeks were TERRIBLE. I had never seen my skin that bad. Literally every inch of my face and neck was bright red and covered in cysts. They even popped up inside of my nose, on my lips, and inside of my ears which I didn't know was possible.

I decided to stick with it because the labeling said there would be a "purging" period and maybe I just had a lot to purge.

After 8 weeks things became better, and after 10 my skin was essentially clear. I have now been using Murad for 8 months and apart from the occasional pimple, my skin is almost completely normal. I do have a large degree of scarring from the terrible purging period, but after incorporating the "post acne spot lightning gel" to my regime, even that is confined to my lower cheeks and jawline.

If you are where I was 8 months ago and you have been through ALL of the prescriptions and everything else, and HONESTLY feel like you have nothing to lose, I highly recommend this system. The purging period will be VERY VERY difficult, but if you are as desperate as I was and you're willing to wait it out for at least 3 months, I would definitely try it out.

If anyone wants to see some before and after pictures, you can message me on here and I can send them to you. I really really believe this product can work if you use it religiously and give it enough time.

on 12/4/2013 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Despite all the negative reviews I decided to try the 60 day kit out for myself. I'm two weeks in and I like it a lot so far. The cleanser is a decent size, the exfoliating gel is a bit different but I like it alright. I really like the moisturizer, it absorbs into the skin well which I love. Now for my skin: for the most part I have somewhat sensitive combination skin with the occasional hormonal breakout. However recently I've been suffering from cystic acne all over my chin. It's bad! Anyways I think that if you have very sensitive skin you should stay away from this product, I also think people use way too much of it as well. Try using only once a day( I know the instructions say twice :x ) I also think some people aren't patient enough to wait out the time it takes for skin to benefit from a product. Lastly, although pretty pricey it's the only product I've seen real results from for my skin. Hope that helps!

on 6/11/2013 5:19:00 PM

This product takes time to work, yes the purging sucks but about 3 months in my skin was FANTASIC. Like perfect and I have real terrible acne, and it is all gone!

After reading so many of these negative reviews, I've figured out EXACTLY why there are so many negative (when I am giving this 5/5 lipsticks):
other than people who have had allergic reactions to this product, the reason why it's not working is because YOU AREN'T BEING PATIENT!!

I absolutely HATED the acne kit when I first started using it. The reason why I hated it was because my skin was "purging" which is normal when starting new skin care products (especially for acne). After 3 weeks of being PATIENT, I FINALLY started seeing results. It has been 6 months now, and I have only had minor breakouts (one or two pimples at a time).

People, you need to be patient when using skin care products. You will never see results over night. It takes time for your skin to adjust to new products. If you order this product from the Murad website, they have an amazing return policy where you can fully finish the whole entire product, and if it doesn't work, they'll refund you.

Despite all of these negative reviews, give it a shot and try the 30 day kit.

on 5/23/2013 9:21:00 AM

(If I could give Murad 0 out of 5 I would)

Unfortunately I only read Murad's official website's reviews which gave this package an average rating of 4.6/5 stars. I naturally pounced at the idea of some miracle formula that everyone was "apparently" benefiting from.

My skin wasn't tooooo bad. not perfect, as I wanted/want it to be. But after using Murad...OHMYGOD. I wish I had read these reviews before to save me from EXTREME discomfort and a face that looks AGED=/ I've never had such a bad reaction!

After the fiirst night's use it seemed fine. I even thought my skin looked better. But after the second all hell broke lose. I noticed a little strange sensations after i put on all the creams (so many btw...and i tried to stick closely to their directions but even so it seems a little confusing given the amount of stuff you have to put on and over). The next day my eyes were super swollen and I think my whole face slightly puffier, my face was also red and the driest it has ever been. I had to buy anti histamines to calm the swelling and was told to not put anything on my face- including moisturisers and aloe vera (despite my skins cravings for something soothing).

Three days after this horror- my skin is still terrible. I actually have wrinkles under my eyes that I have never had before (I AM ONLY 22 !?!) , my eyes just generally now seem...weird? i dont know, like duller. and red all the time, and very noticeably dry. Even my liquid eyeliner is now flaking/fading off towards the end of the day due to my skins lack of any moisture, which it never did before.

I'm also getting new spots in places on my face I usually didn't. I had a few bumps on my forehead (small ones), which turned a lotttt bigger- thank friggen GOD i have a thick fringe.

I noticed a few very similar posts in regards to reactions. And i realise that some others may have had a really good experience with Murad (i dont know how=s?). But I would suggest new tryers of Murad think very very very carefully about venturing into it. I very very much regret it. i only had it on my face two times and now am spending more and more money trying to find things to now fix my WORSE OFF skin :(

Not too mention the starter kit was quite pricey in itself.

I would also really appreciate any advice or comments in regards to others like me, that maybe have managed to rectify their skin after using Murad?

*sighhhh* this is a lesson to be learnt from. Do more research!! And don't underestimate your skin's sensitivity >.<

I actually saw significant results using this system! I understand all the negative reviews this is getting, because the first 2 weeks using this I absolutely hated it. First 2 weeks I experienced itching, dry patches, red inflamed skin that I mistook for an allergic reaction! The instructions did say that your skin will "purge" before seeing any results and because I was already kicking myself in the butt for how expensive it was I decided to wait another week. This time I used the acne treatment gel once a day instead of twice a day and swapped the acne lotion( don't care much for the lotion) for my origins cream which I thought was more moisturizing. By the 4th week all my active breakouts were gone! Only thing I needed was something for my acne scars. I definitely recommend this product if you are a patient person... no acne system will give you results over night! I recommend this! It might work for you!

on 6/2/2012 6:22:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! this is the worst decision ive ever made. I had read all of the negative comments but decided to try it anyway. I woke up with a severe allergic reaction. It made my eyes swell up and my face was red, burning, itching, and covered in hives. This did not just happen to me, it happened to many people I know as well.

Popular Face Skincare Products