Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum
Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Garnier anti-frizz serum... my lord and saviour.

My hair's been acting up a lot recently, becoming dull mere hours after I wash it (or even right after), frizzing and knotting up when I walk or run or basically move at all, and just generally not staying down and flat. So I switched to the Garnier Strength and Shine shampoo and conditioner, which I remembered worked well for my ridiculously fine, light hair before, and also bought this serum on a whim after a Priceline employee recommended it to me. HALLELUJAH. As soon as I used the new shampoo and conditioner, I could immediately FEEL the difference, and putting on this serum after I blow dried my hair just topped it off.

What I've noticed
- A visible shine
- Lightness of hair
- Very sleek, silky, and not prone to knotting - usually I have to work out a few knots from my bedhead in the morning, but this morning, after I first tried this serum yesterday, my brush slipped through like nothing! It's even still as silky as ever after walking half an hour in a light drizzle.

I'm not sure whether it's totally the serum's work, since I also changed to a new shampoo and conditioner along with this, but all I know is that the combination of products has done wonders for my hair. If you're East Asian like me and have super fine, light hair that tends to frizz up, PLEASE TRY THIS. IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT.

on 12/12/2017 12:19:00 PM

I love this serum! My hair is straight but during the winter it gets super dry and it is static prone! It look dull flat and messy but this serum even after teaching two yoga classes had kept my hair super shiny, soft , and absolutely no static which is awesome! I was worried when I first put it in my hand because it felt super greasy and I thought it would leave my hair greasy as well but it did not!

I love this hair serum so much - and I got it on sale for only CAD$3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

For reference I do not have that dry of hair but the ends can get a bit tangled up form time to time, even after conditioning. I found this works best to be applied to half dried hair - half a pump is all you need to really spread it through your hair (avoid the roots). I cannot say that it added shine but it made me love running my fingers through my hair - amazing feeling.

It has a pleasantly light fruity scent which I also really enjoy since it is definitely detectable but it does not interfered with putting frangrances on later.

All in all I love this serum and would recommend and repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am still not convinced of its effectiveness. It seems to make my hair more frizzy after it is absorbed. I don't know what I did wrong. I'm not using any heat to style my hair. I just let it air dry. Maybe it needs hair straightener to show the glossy effect? I don't know, but I just don't see any shine or less frizz

UPDATE 11/6/17
I upped the lippies because it's actually quite good when you know how to use it. I wash my hair with shampoo, do ACV rinse then towel dry. After squeezing excess water, I brush my hair and put 1 pump of this serum on my hair. My hair is about 5 cm below my shoulders. It does tame frizz and give shine. It's affordable too. I don't use heat styling tool either.

Update 26/1/18
This and kerastase ciment anti-usure Conditioner combo are my HG. Getting rid of frizz and tons of shine without needing heat tools at all, just air dry naturally. Tip is to use this serum while the hair is still wet! Literally after you squeeze the excess water from towel then use wide tooth comb to detangle and comb while still wet and then put this on. Don’t wait until it’s half dry or too dry. It won’t work as good

on 2/12/2017 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Meh. This is a pretty typical hair serum. I hadn't used it since middle school, and I was curious a few weeks ago and wanted to try it again. It weighs hair down, smell does not linger, makes hair look dirty. I wanted to like this because it is so inexpensive and when you first pump it into you hair, it has that classic yummy Garnier scent, but I just can't get this to work for me. I have a feeling that no matter how thick or how fine your hair is, this will just weight that sh*t down.

on 12/19/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It weighs my hair a little too much. I live in Toronto, and this doesn't fully cure the frizz. Its effect doesn't last long either. The packaging is not attractive, I got the 150 ml one. I bought it due to the hype and the comments I read here, and its not horrible but I won't be buying again.

Holy grail product!! Fine 3b/3c hair I use this on dry hair once I've let my hair air dry completely. A dime size amount from my ends (they dust my shoulders) to my ears and it smooths any frizz and let's me break up the clumped waves for a tousled voluminous look. This stuff smells AMAZING it's dirt cheap and it works.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is actually quite good. I've tried tons of hair serums over the years, most of the higher end prices and occasionally a drugstore pick. This one is one of the cheapest you can get and it works damn well. I use it every time after I shower (after my hair has dried a tiny bit so it's not soaking wet) and I'll either let my hair air dry or sometimes I'll blow dry. Makes my hair very soft and shiny. I don't think this product is anything particularly special as there are a lot of really good hair serums out there that do the same thing, but the fact that this one is dirt cheap is fantastic. A bottle lasts a long time too. Only thing I don't like is the bottle. It's just a very standard plastic bottle with a big pump, but it really sucks if you want to travel with it as it doesn't lock very well and is prone to spilling. I've thought about finding some kind of travel friendly, large oil dropper bottle and just putting all of the serum into that.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gotta love great stuff at a low price. I'm a fan of products that multi-task, this is a anti frizz serum and shine spray in one. I used it the first time and my super long and thick hair was still atad dry. I then decided to use two full pumps on each half of my head and got extra smooth and silky hair ever since then. The key is to use it generously, especially with thicker and coarser hair. Awesome product and budget friendly.

on 5/18/2016 8:25:00 PM

Had to write a review for this stuff. . . I've been using this for the past few weeks now and am amazed how well it works on my hair. I have wavy-curly hair and it tends to be very frizzy MOST of the time, especially when it is more humid. I have been using 1.75 pumps (yes, not quite 2) on my WET, towel-dried, long (it goes to the bottom of my bra strap usually in the back) hair, focusing on the ends and damaged areas. It is amazing. I straightened my hair today and it has never looked more healthy and sleek. NEVER! It is amazing and I'm tempted to go out and buy a lifetime supply so I never run out! LOVE this stuff. For those complaining of it making the hair greasy--not sure if they're applying too much or on dry hair? I have not had that issue at all and honestly I usually do have that problem with products like this--they weight down my hair and make my slightly thin hair look greasy. This product has not done that. Will continue using this as long as I have hair! lol

Video Reviews & Tutorials