Maybelline Expertwear eyeshadow quad "Sunlit bronze" 50

Maybelline Expertwear eyeshadow quad
Expertwear eyeshadow quad Maybelline Sunlit Bronze

3.0

on 12/9/2017 7:02:00 PM

First of all I will say that as far as Canada is concerned: DRUGSTORE MAKEUP IS NO LONGER CHEAP!
NEWER drugstore makeup, unless it is sold on sale, is nearly the same price as higher end makeup. If you want "cheap" makeup, your best bet is to get OLDER products on sale, or check out wal mart. Wet n wild makes gorgeous neutral eyeshadows that rival high end brands HOWEVER they can be overwhelming for a beginner.

With all that said, lets get to the point: these colours are super pretty: a light beige gold with a hint of pink, a light brown bronze, a cream gold and a soft taupey brown with a subtle hint of sheen. They are elegant wearable shades, and don't leave much fall out but have very little pigmentation. That being said, these shadows definitely have their place: for a wearable, natural, sheer and easy look with a subtle warmth to enhance blue or green eyes (especially on fair skinned gals) this is a great palette to have! A soft wash of any of these shadows alone will add some shimmer, OR you can apply all of these shadows (as described) for a subtle, wearable day time look. I highly recommend younger teens start with a palette like this because it looks great on all eye colours, and is impossible to make mistakes with (pigmented shadows can look extremely tacky if not applied properly such as applying dark shades too close to the brow)!. For a little added pigmentation add a cream base, such as revlon colour stay, or essence cream eyeshadow sticks underneath. The outcome will still be very neutral, but a little more coppery.

HOWEVER: People who prefer pigmented eye shadows that can be used to create smokey eyes or sultry, sexy bronze glamorous looks will NOT find much to offer with this palette: It is extremely sheer!

I simply wish makeup wasn't as pricey as it is :(

on 4/4/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Little pigmentation, powdery and flaky. The only colour that i like is the crease colour cos it's really pretty to wear on your lids with a matte brown going into the crease. I am dark tanned skin so when I used these colours according to the palettes recommendation it looked like i had just pale eyeshadow sparkles on my eyelids. I really only use this eyeshadow quad because I paid $10 for it otherwise i wouldn't bother.

on 11/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeshadow is very powdery, thin, and has very little pigmentation. I love the colors in the palette, but they don't transfer to your eyelid at all. Ugh.

on 3/8/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I must start off by saying that I do not like to add any dimension to my eye makeup routine (highlight, browbone, crease, etc) but rather do a neutral all over the lid with a simple cat eye. So, for that, I think this palette is great. I'm a sucker for nude/brown/gold shadow with shimmer - so this caught my eye. Sadly, I must agree that this shadow is lacking in pigmentation and texture...but it get's the job done. The outer corner (darkest brown) and the brow bone (lightest gold) layered on top of each other give the most natural color with the slightest sheen that captures the light so well. The texture isn't the worst but the fallout on this is pretty inevitable on my oily lids. Basically, this may not be for everyone, but as someone who likes really simple eye looks this palette works! And it's super cheap. Haven't even touched the other two shades - coppers don't really work well with my eye color, but they are pretty!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So twice in the same week I heard about this product, from Kate of the Small Things Blog and Jaclyn Hill, who both owned a few different quads. I thought I would give it a try but after owning this product for a few months I will definitely not be repurchasing. The colors are pretty but, as other reviewers have said, the pigmentation is lacking. Any shadow I apply is gone within a few hours. Although I don't have a lot to compare to (I'm not a big eyeshadow person), these shadows are really not pressure. Don't remember how much I paid for them, but either way, I'll pass.

on 7/12/2013 2:16:00 PM

These eyeshadows were so dry, chalky, glittery and had no pigmentation at all when applied to the eyes. I returned it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

These 4 colors are tried and true colors that I reach for on a daily basis to get my blue eyes to pop. How convenient they come in a little palette all together! However, the pigmentation in this shadow formula is not good at all, as another reviewer noted, you can blend the shadows to just a faint hint of what they're supposed to be. Just leaving chunky glitter behind. I've graduated onto better quality shadows.

Very similarly is the Maybelline Give Me Gold eyeshadow quad. Similar shades, terrible pigmentation, very chalky, only with MORE GLITTER.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I do like the colors in this quad but they are all shimmery especially the base color. I think for a quad it would have been better if the finishes were mixed but I still like to use all of the colors just not together.
All the colors except the liner shade is too light to use alone on my skin

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This isn't the greatest quad.3 of the 4 colors look very similar on the eye the cream,bronze, copper .They are all really shimmery and on the eye shadow look just one giant shimmer look with no definition except for the brown.The colors are nice on there own but as a quad not so much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow quad! I use all of the colors except for the liner, and they stay on all day, with no creasing or anything. It has wonderful pigment, and is definitely my go-to eyeshadow. I've never experienced any fall-out or creasing, but that might be because I use an eye primer. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because I wish it didn't come with the liner. I just don't like that shade, and the pigment isn't very good. But the other 3 shades are wonderful, I would definitely purchase it again :)