Aveda Aveda Inner-Light Mineral Tinted Moisture SPF15

Aveda Aveda Inner-Light Mineral Tinted Moisture SPF15

3.4

Active: Titanium Dioxide (4.3) Other: Water, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Capryloyl Glycine, Salix Nigra (Willow Bark) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Tourmaline, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Linalool, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Coco-Glucoside Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This tinted moisturizer is not the best, but it's not the worst. It has light-medium coverage with a dewy finish. If you have oily skin, this will not be for you! Back when my skin was very oily, I looked like a grease ball after a few hours.

If you have dry skin, you might have some better luck. However, there are better tinted moisturizers out there and for better prices. I actually prefer BB and CC creams like from Smashbox and Tarte over this.

on 8/27/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this is the shade "Sweet Tea". I'm not a huge fan of Aveda Skin Care, although I love their hair products.
To my surprise this went on like a dream, and looked like a second skin. It blended out really beautifully and just looked clean and fresh.
Not my HG but I will definitely keep this on hand.
I like the tube for travel. It's a great size and non breakable.
I also loved that the entire application (even with blending) took about a minute!!
Seemed to be quite a few shades to choose from as well.

Update: Still liking this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am definitely a beauty addict and have a virtual pharmacy of cosmetics in my home so I can say that I've tried almost everything out there. I have several BB or tinted moisturizer SPF products but this one is a top favorite that I grab when wanting to look natural and glowing. I add some powder on top to set or get a more matte look. I also add some MAC strobe cream on the high planes of the face for even more glow. This product definitely gives a beautiful finish, although sheer, on the days you're feeling like the "no makeup" look!

I bought this tinted moisturizer to try since Aveda claims to use 85% "natural" ingredients (at least that's what the salesgirl told me). I wanted to try another tinted moisturizer since Sephora doesn't carry Bobbi Brown products anymore :( (I know, so sad). Well, this was the worst product I've ever bought in my life. It was tacky, smelled weird and to top it off - after using it for 2-3 days, I got contact dermatitis!!! I FREAKED OUT!! My entire face was covered in a rash, it was red, raised and it burned. I knew immediately it was from the Aveda product because it never happened with Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier products. I didn't wear anything on my face for a month -until the dermatitis resolved itself. Just to validate my assumption, I wore the tinted moisturizer again for one day to see if it was really the Aveda product. YUP! It definitely was! It makes me scared to buy any Aveda products now. Never again.

on 7/18/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying about 15 different samples of tinted moisturizers I feel this one just about does what I need. A little coverage, color and dewy finish. My favorite La Mer tint was taken off the market and they have not replaced it so I had to go on a search. BB or CC creams left a matte flat finish and the ones that state they leave a dewy or luminous finish are loaded with white pearl effects and look phoney. Allergic to chemicals for sunscreen other than Titamium or Zinc I had to screen out several on that score. The light medium color Sweet Tea was perfect and I sometimes touch a little moisturizer over to leave a nice finish so this is it and I am done searching.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm really surprised by the amount of negative reviews for this product. I have used it for years, and it saved my skin (and my pride) at a time when my skin was a dry, flaky mess. Granted I have very dry skin, and this product probably works best for those with dry-very dry skin due to its moist finish. For me, this finish was the selling point, not something to be powdered down. I have had numerous compliments on my healthy glowing skin and I always think to myself "if they only knew how dry I really am...".

This is not a foundation so it does not provide a ton of coverage, but for a tinted moisturizer for those with very dry, sensitive skin in can't be beat. The mineral sunscreen is gentle and the coverage is even and neutral - yet sheer. This is my everyday go-to product; I only wish they carried a foundation version of this for days when I wanted a touch more coverage. I do have rosacea so on occassion I dab a tiny amount of full coverage foundation over my cheeks and blend in with a damp beauty blender to conceal unwanted redness, but otherwise this does the trick on it's own. I do apply a moisturizer on underneath however if your skin was normal to dry you would not need this. Not recommended for oily skin.

I do wish the product costed less and was in an opaque tube to protect the ingredients from sunlight, however I store it in a dark place and will continue to shell out money time and again for a product that works for me! Thank you Aveda!

on 10/23/2013 12:35:00 AM

This product is a very expensive way to cause a major reaction in a single use. It has a tacky skin feel and does not cover or tint the skin in any way. Pretty much a total loss in every way!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I know people find this to be tacky in feel, and I remember thinking that too, some years back, and then trying it again at a salon and finding it had changed. I've been using this for at least 2 years, in Aspen, and it really does work for me. I get very sheer, even coverage and a polished look, and most importantly, have been well protected from the sun. But when I did a huge cosmetic clean-out recently, I figured there had to be something newer and better, so I tried to find some other BB/tinted moisturizers. Now I really appreciate Inner Light. I can't use anything with chemical sunscreen, so don't have a lot of choices. Well, some made my skin so dry and flaky (ugly), one turned it orange (embarrassing), and the others had too much silicone in them, which makes my skin break out. I feel that this TM (apart from the fragrance) is a duplicate for Clinique's now discontinued Almost Makeup (same corporate owner), which was always my fallback as my favorites were discontinued or reformulated. I always liked it well enough, but didn't love it. Liking, not loving, is going to have to be good enough--I can't keep experimenting with this, my skin is unhappy! With Almost Makeup gone, Inner Light really is my best option. I bought a new tube of Aspen today. Even if it isn't the latest and greatest or loved by all, I would recommend you try the current formula for yourself if you are having trouble finding a TM with physical sunscreen that is kind to your skin.

I worked at an Aveda salon for 3 years and became really partial to this tinted moisturizer and the dual foundation pressed powder. Let me start by saying that I have extremely acne-prone skin. I've never had a tinted moisturizer or foundation that doesn't break me out, and this stuff doesn't! I love it! I think it has just the right amount of coverage for a TM. I apply this all over and then set with the dual foundation pressed powder, also from Aveda. I'll probably go back to using this, but I'm searching for something that has a longer wear (although it doesn't make me oily--sometimes I develop a slight sheen on more hectic days, if I perspire or if my skin is just oilier that day--it only has, for me, a wear time of about 5 hours before it starts to wear off and my blemishes and acne scars start to show through). Overall, I will repurchase if I don't find something with more coverage and a longer wear life. Finding ANY product that doesn't break me out is a godsend.

on 12/21/2012 12:18:00 PM

OMG , please DONT buy this. I used this one and this sent me to the emergency room. My face broke up into rashes and skin around my eyes were swollen. Doctor said its an allergic reaction to the chemicals in it. I thought Aveda is suppose to be all natural. They had to give me an injection of Benadryl and Prednisone. I knew it was from this bc I switched from La mer to this to just try it. This makes me afraid of any other Aveda products. I should send the company of what my face looks like now.