Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

4.6

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 5/12/2015 4:49:00 PM

this is my first review ever! through being a massive lover of makeup alley and finding this product on here i decided to buy a few MUAC products.
I'm 22 and have had acne for 2 years and its progressively got worse, I've never suffered with acne through my teen years my skin was beautiful now it is a complete mess, i have active acne ALWAYS and the scarring on my face is ridiuclus. i have spots on my cheeks that have been there for YEARS! NO JOKE.
i bought this peel and the tca so hopefully il be able to use that in the coming months once my skin gets used to this,
I've only used this once and the results already are ridiculously good. my face overall is so shiny ( i have dry skin so wow ) the spots i have have decreased massively and the scars i had on my cheeks along with the acne are literally starting to disappear already.
I've only used it once so maybe this review is premature but wow.
I've heard only good things about muac I'm so excited to use the rest of their line ( it cost me 50 to be delivered and customs to uk ) I've tried absolutely everything there is to try trust me, the amount of products i have is silly.
so excited to carry on this peel I'm guna make it a weekly thing!
I've only give it a 4/5 just because I've only used it once so I'm sure il be back with the results in a few weeks ! :)

I ordered a few peels from MAUA over the past year and have had great results with this one controlling my hyper pigmented, acne prone, blotchy uneven skin. For years I have been striving for skin perfection using any and every product from Sephora down to Wal-Mart.
When you try this peel @ 30% concentration only use it once a week. I got a little crazy over the past few weeks and was using it 2-3 times a week and my skin looked as if I had truly suffered a major chemical burn along my jawline. I have been using the MUAC Pomegranate Green Tea Cleanser and Toner, followed by the MUAC Argan Oil. These have helped soothe my skin back into normalcy.
I would also recommend using it as a spot treatment more frequently in tiny areas in between peels to really lift the layers of skin in that area causing trouble.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

During my high school years, I totally suffered from deep, underground, cystic acne. It made my life a living hell. Well, not really, but I was SO embarassed of it! The trials and tribulations of suffering with acne in high school is absolutely the main reason why I am so obsessed with makeup and skincare today. Well, high school came and went, and so did my acne... but I was left with not-so-even, blotchy skin with all different kinds of scars. I have ALWAYS had to wear foundation. I mean, I won't even get the mail without putting on "my face". It sucks!

I personally do not have the money to spend to go to a doctor to get professional glycolic peels and laser treatments. So I searched up and down for something that would help fade the scars and get rid of the blotchiness. I've even accepted the fact that I'll probably never NOT wear makeup at all, but I would LOVE to get away with just a tinted moisturizer!
When I found the MUAC site, I was STOKED. All these amazing products, and for so cheap! I bought a 2oz size of the 30% glycolic peel kit.

Let me start by saying that you do NOT want to leave this stuff on longer than it's directed. My friends and I got a little too tipsy one "peel party" night and she DEMANDED to leave it on for 30 minutes instead of the normal 10 we usually do. Well, her face freaked out and she had little red bumps all over for like a week. She never did it again.

If you follow the directions, make sure your skin is absolutely clean and dry before you use it, and use the proper products after, then this stuff CAN and WILL make a difference!

My pores appear so much smaller, the blotchiness has faded by a LOt, I have virtually ZERO freckles, the fine lines around my mouth from smiling are gone, and little by little it has totally helped to smoothen out even the deeper scars on my face. I don't even really notice them when I look in the mirror anymore. (I've done about 10-12 peels over the course of a year.) I'm totally happy and I plan to keep on using this for a long time. It won't melt your face off with one use, so don't expect it to get rid of ice pick scars overnight. You might not even really peel that much. I don't, but I attribute that to the fact that I have pretty oily skin still. If I do peel, it's generally like 2 days after the treatment, and it's about the same as having flaky dry skin for a day. During that time, you DO NOT want to pick at it. That's like, bringing you back to ground zero. Don't use anything abrasive on your face, let it fall off naturally. When I do the peel, I do it when I won't have to apply makeup for at least a few hours.

A little note, I started with the 30% peel, and have been at that level for this past year. I still feel the tingly burning so I know it's working, but I'm thinking pretty soon I'll jump it up to the next level and see if that does anything dramatic.

All in all, this stuff is amazing. It definitely doesn't smell all that great, but it works, and I'm really loving the results over time. Especially for the price! I still have half a bottle and my friends tap into it whenever they can get their grimy hands on it. I'm thinking maybe I should start charging, ha!

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE BEFORE/AFTER PICS PLEEEEEEEEASE LET ME SEE! I took some but then I lost my phone before I backed it up, so I lost all my pics. I'd love to hear from you pretty girls ! <3 Thanks and good luck!

So I've been struggling with acne for as long as I can remember. I saw a couple dermatologists and nothing they ever gave me to take or put on my skin helped. Most time it actually made it worse! So a friend of my husbands married a dermatologist, she recommended that I buy a G peel off line and use it. She suggested the 60% for my skin (my skin was horrible could not put a finger on my skin with out touching a pimple) Also suggested that I may be allergic to salicylic acid. So I'm using Cetaphil soap cause it so gentle. The first time she showed me how to apply it (the peel), then I took over from then on. The first time I did it it didn't burn or anything. Then after my skin I broke out even more. Then for 2 months I did a peel every 2 weeks. As i did the peels I only saw minimal peeling, every time I would do a peel it would pull out everything in my skin (seemed a never ending) bringing everything to a head. Sometimes scabbing over. But slowly my skin is healing and clearing. Now 4 months later i do one peel a month and my skin is all most completely clear (to me its beautiful because of how it was before) Also every time I did it I would leave it on for 6 mins, after the first time it did start burning you want to scratch your skin! Then I'd wash off with my soap. It was trying, a lot of days not aloud to wear makeup, with a red face, of peeling skin... But for me it was worth it.
*** I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING THE 60% UNLESS DIRECTED BY A DOCTOR, AS I WAS.***
If the products your using dont work or make it worse you may consider you may be allergic. I would reccomend the Cetaphil! Just because you have acne doesn't mean only "acne products" will work.

on 7/19/2008 4:55:00 PM

This is my first home glycolic peel that I purchased. I love MUAC. I am on my fifth peel, done every week on a Saturday night. After each peel my face is so smooth and radiant. At 30%, I am surprised that my face is not red and flakey after the peel. The very first peel I did my face was a tad pink, but no peeling. I just did my fifth peel and my face is glowing and my makeup goes on better. I will do one more peel at 30% and up it to 40% next time. Try this!

on 3/10/2008 12:38:00 PM

I know I am psycho about my skin and so I guess I should have listened to the directions that say that you should work your way up on this peel! I had gotten 30% glycolic acid peels at the salon about a year ago ( two months between each one) and they were the most amazing things I have ever had. SO, when the instructions said one minute, I disregarded because at the salon, they leave it on for about ten minutes. So that is what I did. Since I hadn't had a peel in so long, the peel just seemed to get off all of the extra skin that had accumulated recently this winter. So the next day, I did another peel for another ten minutes. WEll, I think I burned my face! Not bad, but like someone else said on these boards, it got my attention. So now I am going to wait a week and moisturize the heck out of my face and then leave the peel on for literally one minute and follow those directions. I am really impressed, though with MUAC. I got my peel in three days and the stuff is actually potent! I had tried another peel from philosophy and I didn't think it was all that special.

on 3/21/2003 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. After the first week, I freaked. I started getting pimples come up on my cheeks, where I had never had any trouble w/ breakouts before. My pores in that area had just always looked sort of large and a dirty(not quiet like blackheads). I thought, what have I done. So I did some research on the web, and found places that promised this was normal. Gently peeling layers of the skin where deep down dirt is embedded will result in the dirt working out, as a pimple. Be patient, they said, it will get better. I wasn't at all patient, but I stuck it out, like 3-4 days later, the pimples were gone, my skin is the smoothes ever, I have less blackheads, less oiliness, and I have a glow to my skin that I have never seen before. I'm 29, and this is the best my skin has ever looked. I am by the way ,using it with their Glycolic cleanser and moisturizer for oily skin, which I also love. This stuff, for me, has been a miracle. I look like I'm twenty-three again. The bonus is, fine lines around my eyes, faint laugh lines that I had kept my eye on, have faded too!