Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

4.5

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm HOLLYWOOD! My face is glowing and I haven't seen my skin look this great in years. Great product. I would buy again, but I want to remove some hyper pigmentation which I read the lactic acid is better for.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

During my high school years, I totally suffered from deep, underground, cystic acne. It made my life a living hell. Well, not really, but I was SO embarassed of it! The trials and tribulations of suffering with acne in high school is absolutely the main reason why I am so obsessed with makeup and skincare today. Well, high school came and went, and so did my acne... but I was left with not-so-even, blotchy skin with all different kinds of scars. I have ALWAYS had to wear foundation. I mean, I won't even get the mail without putting on "my face". It sucks!

I personally do not have the money to spend to go to a doctor to get professional glycolic peels and laser treatments. So I searched up and down for something that would help fade the scars and get rid of the blotchiness. I've even accepted the fact that I'll probably never NOT wear makeup at all, but I would LOVE to get away with just a tinted moisturizer!
When I found the MUAC site, I was STOKED. All these amazing products, and for so cheap! I bought a 2oz size of the 30% glycolic peel kit.

Let me start by saying that you do NOT want to leave this stuff on longer than it's directed. My friends and I got a little too tipsy one "peel party" night and she DEMANDED to leave it on for 30 minutes instead of the normal 10 we usually do. Well, her face freaked out and she had little red bumps all over for like a week. She never did it again.

If you follow the directions, make sure your skin is absolutely clean and dry before you use it, and use the proper products after, then this stuff CAN and WILL make a difference!

My pores appear so much smaller, the blotchiness has faded by a LOt, I have virtually ZERO freckles, the fine lines around my mouth from smiling are gone, and little by little it has totally helped to smoothen out even the deeper scars on my face. I don't even really notice them when I look in the mirror anymore. (I've done about 10-12 peels over the course of a year.) I'm totally happy and I plan to keep on using this for a long time. It won't melt your face off with one use, so don't expect it to get rid of ice pick scars overnight. You might not even really peel that much. I don't, but I attribute that to the fact that I have pretty oily skin still. If I do peel, it's generally like 2 days after the treatment, and it's about the same as having flaky dry skin for a day. During that time, you DO NOT want to pick at it. That's like, bringing you back to ground zero. Don't use anything abrasive on your face, let it fall off naturally. When I do the peel, I do it when I won't have to apply makeup for at least a few hours.

A little note, I started with the 30% peel, and have been at that level for this past year. I still feel the tingly burning so I know it's working, but I'm thinking pretty soon I'll jump it up to the next level and see if that does anything dramatic.

All in all, this stuff is amazing. It definitely doesn't smell all that great, but it works, and I'm really loving the results over time. Especially for the price! I still have half a bottle and my friends tap into it whenever they can get their grimy hands on it. I'm thinking maybe I should start charging, ha!

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE BEFORE/AFTER PICS PLEEEEEEEEASE LET ME SEE! I took some but then I lost my phone before I backed it up, so I lost all my pics. I'd love to hear from you pretty girls ! <3 Thanks and good luck!