Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This, in conjunction with other MUAC peels like the Mandelic/Salicylic and the 40% lactic acid, have done a 360 degree of change in my skin. However, as I have informed myself and have become aware of chemistry, skin responses and effects, and how my skin maintenance products function, I truly believe this is the star of the show. Before this, the peels I used previously did work, but I constantly had to depend on them (and thus be open to future skin resistance and perhaps sensibility) which I did not desire. Also, the results would not last long and the problems would persist, namely that I had problems finding appropriate skin maintenance products and my skin wouldn't cooperate with any moisturizer, regardless of price, texture, or an ingredient omitted. To me is the Assistant Director in the film production that is my skin care routine. The Hulk in my Avengers. The bread in my PB&J. It has made everything make sense and function seamlessly. It resolves that which the others cannot in a timely and efficient manner. ALWAYS.

After each use my skin looks refined, pristine, and radiant, like a baby's tushie. My skin care products actually work now and I've had no more problems with finding a moisturizer. I no longer increase the time I leave it on as the weeks progress, as my skin doesn't react well to that method. I only leave it on for 4-6 minutes, never more. This method does leave me with a nice, subtle but marked radiance to my skin, despite it not promising so. No purging, no peeling, just an overall refreshment. Doesn't help with clogged pores on nose unfortunately. I look forward to using it every time. Along with the Mandelic/Salicylic, a big and enthusiastic 5/5. If I had to pick, I'd pick this one wholeheartedly(since it does refine the skin and it is less evident. The salicylic/mandelic eradicates hormonal acne almost immediately) but please, focus on your main concern first then go from there.

on 5/26/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just to give you a bit of info on my skin. I have vitiligo, moderate acne (thanks to a hormonal IUD), sun spots. I'm also an obsessive skin picker, so that moderate acne looks swollen, red, and scabby all the time. I hate my skin to a point I sometimes hide at home because my skin is just that bad.
My cheeks are GLOWING and soft and gorgeous.
So, i left it on for about 4 minutes. I washed my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant Brigtening Cleanser (I think it's important to use a gentle cleanser before any peel). Then I applied rubbing alcohol to my face (and no I don't recommend doing this normally, I just wanted to remove all oils from my face). Then I used the included PH prep (which is just witch hazel, don't repurchase this, not worth it), allowed it to air dry completely. I applied a thin layer (really, the peel itself is so watery you can't apply a very thick layer anyway) of the peel on my face. It stung more than the lactic acid peel, but nothing scary. What did make me nervous was how red parts of my face got, but this went away about an hour once I'd removed the peel. I left it on for about four minutes, then rinsed it off with only water and an included honey and oatmeal soap sample they included.
I love this, it's already an HG for me.
UPDATE: Still loving this. Acne hyperpigmentation is a thing of the past, and if I feel a pimple growing under my skin, I just use this peel, seems to fix it.
UPDATE #2: This is AMAZING for BACK ACNE and scarring! Like AMAZEBALLS. I've suffered from cystic back acne (long story) for about three years now, I thought I was condemned to a life of sleeves and no tube tops... NOPE. Put this on my back (for 12 mins, since I figured skin there is tougher), same process as above... I'm getting COMPLIMENTS from coworkers, my husband, etc, about how my back has cleared up in about three week's time. I literally feel NO new pimples growing under my skin. This is an official all around HG for me.
UPDATE #3: SKIN SAVER, but to give more details... this peel takes time. I'll compare if with the lactic acid peel as I used both of these most often. The lactic acid peel gives you a more immediate difference, but it did little for my acne and acne hyperpigmentation, and overall, after a while, my skin stopped improving and the acne came back with a vengeance. Not so with the glycolic peel; even though it doesn't give you such strong "glowiness" immediately post peel as with the lactic acid, your skin keeps improving for weeks, and it doesn't burn your skin. As I write this, my face that started with about 36 strong acne hyperpigmentation marks and a plethora of other pimples, I now have two acne marks, and just one tiny forehead pimple, and my last peel was three weeks ago. I don't have to "keep up" with the constant peels to feel the effects of this acid, so, I overall recommend this one more. For sun spots though, the lactic acid is better.