Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

1 review

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 9/29/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought nothing would ever budge my hyperpigmentation. It's a combination of sun damage and melasma that used to be so light that I honestly never really noticed it. If I squint super hard while looking at old photos taken up close in just the right lighting, I can see the outline of what would eventually become these dark spots. An ill advised BBL session brought them out in full force. Perhaps having more BBL would have eventually lifted the pigment away. But 3 dermatologists warned me that any more light treatments might make it darker and harder to treat. So I went the topical route, but it was waylaid by the fact that I got pregnant and then breastfed for 5 months and couldn't use a lot of ingredients during that entire time.

I went from having skin that others would describe as peaches and cream to having a spotted freckled face. I can't tell you how sad this made me. It destroyed my self confidence and consumed my thoughts. My entire appearance changed for the worse in the span of a week and it was impossible to come to terms with. What I saw in my reflection was not me. Not to mention I was dealing with full on adult acne from coming off the pill. So I had brown spots all over and every kind of acne you can imagine. I was spotted and lumpy. I couldn't decide if I hated the acne or the discoloration more. Age spots have been shown to visually add more years to your face than wrinkles, and I'm proof of that. I spent 1.5+ years avoiding mirrors and cameras. The spots were always so visible in photos!! There's only a handful of photos of me with my first born up to age 8 months bc I was still dealing with very dark pigmentation and I truly hated every photo I saw of myself.

I read so much about melasma and tried all the things that are supposed to help it. Finacea, Tazorac, vitamin C, hydroquinone, lactic acid peels, Mandelic peels, TCA 15%, B3, etc.

I avoided glycolic bc I'd had bad experiences when I was younger of it breaking me out, and everything I read said stuff like lactic acid was better for hyperpigmentation.

I'm not sure what inspired me to order and try MUAC 30% glycolic, but I did. And oh my god. After one 4 min peel, the spots were lighter. I could not believe my eyes. I've done 4 peels since then, about 5-7 days apart, and things keep getting lighter.

Maybe this would not have worked as well if I had not stripped my skin down with all that other stuff I've been trying since Feb 2016. I don't know. All I can tell you is that stuff diff not budge these spots one bit. This stuff did.

They are not gone by any means but I'll keep using this at least once a week and tell you how it's going. They are light enough at this point that I let someone take a photo of me and my son up close the other day. And I did not hate the photo.

This is also helping me clear up some really problematic pores, closed comedones that just would not go away. This is helping to get them gone, in conjunction with Paula's Choice BHA liquid and Taz gel.

2 months ago I pre paid for a mini melanage peel, and I plan to do it in early Nov. I am hopeful that will really get rid of all the spots for good and give me a clean slate going forward. But even though I'm doing a big guns peel, I 100% plan to keep using this peel for upkeep at least once a month, forever.

Praise the powers that be, there is hope for stubborn sun and melasma spots. Give this stuff a try. Use it weekly for a long time before you give up on it. It might just surprise you one day.