Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

4.1

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 4/27/2013 2:36:00 AM

My experience with this peel-- I used it yesterday and it was the first time I ever used a home peel!
I was very very nervous to try it but I was also excited because I wanted to see how my face would like after.
I also bought the Lactic Acid 40% peel.

Yesterday morning I did patch tests (on both of my cheekbones where usually I have dry skin) with both of the peels to use how do they feel like and if I would have a red dinosaur or so on my face.
At first I noticed that the Glycolic peel burned a bit.
I left both peels as they say in the Instructions.

In the evening, I've seen that everything was fine so I was thinking to try the Glycolic...I just didn't have anymore patience to wait until today.

I washed my face, wiped my face with the Ph solution, put the Glycolic acid on my fingers, put it on my skin and then I put my phone cronom. on 30 sec.
After 30 sec. I was fine (bit stinging but nothing serious, I could handle it) and I waited until 1 minute.
I quickly washed my face with a lot of water.
I pat my skin with fresh, clean towel.

I let my skin free for 3 hours and before going to bed I put Macadamia Oil (my new love) and went to bed.

What I noticed after the peel: my face was a bit pink, taught, no weird sensation that would worry me, dewy, and few small pimples were already on my forehead (these little pimples have been there for few weeks already but I just let them sit there), my nose was a bit oily and a bit dry on the nose wings (nothing serious).
The dry patches that I had on my forehead, cheeks and cheeksbones are smoother.

Now, in the morning, my skin is softer, it is not dry or red or burned. My small pimples on my forehead are still there but you don't really see them unless you touch my skin and you feel some bumps. No problem. Maybe it was just the acid that took them out and I am happy about it. My skin has a clear tone. My pores a bit smaller (nothing major).

I can't wait for the next peel!

My skin is used to Retin A, Azelaic acid, AHA and BHA and other stuffs. I have combination skin, acne marks on my chin, very clog prone and from time to time I have pimples. Sensitive. Dry patches on my forehead and cheeks from Retin A that I used few months ago.

Caution:
- do a patch test and wait 24 hr (I waited 9 hrs but this is just me being impatient and my face used to other acids but you never know how your skin may react)
- don't let the peel on the skin longer that it is writen in the Instructions
- take care of your skin after peel- don't use harsh products, no scrubs or acids for the next 2 days ( again you never know how your skin may react so don't take the chance).

I hoped this helped someone who is thinking to have a first time home peel.

I will update when I will have my next peel.

EDIT- I used this peel 3 times in total. The advantages: my skin is clearer, my pores are smallar and they are not blocked as they used to be. My scars are fading.
Disadvantages: my skin is very dry and peeling (I had dry skin prior to suing this peel but it wasn't that bad as it is now). So use with caution is you have dry skin, it will make it drier.
My scars are fading but nothing major but still it is OK.
I can see an overall improvement and I will continue to use it but I will make sure to pamper my dry skin areas.

EDIT 30.08.2013. Updated to 5 stars.
I used it yesterday for 5 mins. It still stings a bit but nothing major. After I washed it off my skin was a bit pink and quite sensitive even when I washed with clean water. Again, nothing major.
Results next morning: skin very smooth, pores veeery small, very old scars are getting less visible, I had 2 cysts lurking for a week and nothing helped (not even my beloved Skinoren!!) and now they are light purple and not so bumpy and angry.
I love this peel and I will continue using it!!

EDIT: 01.06.2014
I have been using this peel once a month because my skin has been dry in the winter months and I didn't want to stress it. It still leave my skin soft for few days, my pores look smaller and cleaner. It leaves my face dewy. I still have to use my Macadamia oil because I have dry cheeks but I like this peel a lot and I will continue to use it once a month.

on 6/9/2012 12:33:00 PM

This did not work for my skin. It made me break out with cystic acne and now I am left with about 6 acne marks/scars on my face. In which I am now trying to fade with no luck.

on 4/2/2012 5:27:00 PM

After having this done in a salon as a birthday treat to myself last year I went online looking for more information and found the at home peel. After reading all of the reviews I decided to give it a shot. I'm on week 5 and decided to write this review after a slight reaction. Weeks 1-4 were fine and I usually went a minute or two longer. The tingling is what I'd call a cool stinging sensation and not painful. I just fan myself with a magazine for a little cool air. About day 2 after each application my skin starts to 'purge' (nothing major just some blemishes) but then clears up within a day leaving my skin feeling nice and I think it looks 'fresher'. Week 5 I got brave and went right from 8 minutes to 12. 2 days go by and I wake up with little bumps scattered across my cheeks and forehead. They were so small you couldn't even see them unless you were staring at my face 2 inches away (which I made my husband do). They did not itch and were not red or painful, I just learned my lesson, skipped this week and will resume at the 8 minute mark next week. Will withhold final Overall Rating until I'm done with sample size.

on 10/20/2011 10:07:00 PM

I bought the MUAC 40% Lactic acid, the 30% Glycolic and the 15% Salycilic and I rotate among the three.
I believe so far this one has improved the texture and evenness of my skin. Although my main problem are blackheads and sunspots and it is too soon to see any improvements in this area, I am hopeful.
It burns slightly when applied but I feel very safe using it. I started leaving it on for 1 minute and built it up to 6 minutes now.
I believe the sample size bottle is enough for over ten applications which makes this product very cost effective.
Muac customer service is also outstanding, they helped me with all the questions I had before ordering and before using their products.
I recommend and definitely would purchase again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

During my high school years, I totally suffered from deep, underground, cystic acne. It made my life a living hell. Well, not really, but I was SO embarassed of it! The trials and tribulations of suffering with acne in high school is absolutely the main reason why I am so obsessed with makeup and skincare today. Well, high school came and went, and so did my acne... but I was left with not-so-even, blotchy skin with all different kinds of scars. I have ALWAYS had to wear foundation. I mean, I won't even get the mail without putting on "my face". It sucks!

I personally do not have the money to spend to go to a doctor to get professional glycolic peels and laser treatments. So I searched up and down for something that would help fade the scars and get rid of the blotchiness. I've even accepted the fact that I'll probably never NOT wear makeup at all, but I would LOVE to get away with just a tinted moisturizer!
When I found the MUAC site, I was STOKED. All these amazing products, and for so cheap! I bought a 2oz size of the 30% glycolic peel kit.

Let me start by saying that you do NOT want to leave this stuff on longer than it's directed. My friends and I got a little too tipsy one "peel party" night and she DEMANDED to leave it on for 30 minutes instead of the normal 10 we usually do. Well, her face freaked out and she had little red bumps all over for like a week. She never did it again.

If you follow the directions, make sure your skin is absolutely clean and dry before you use it, and use the proper products after, then this stuff CAN and WILL make a difference!

My pores appear so much smaller, the blotchiness has faded by a LOt, I have virtually ZERO freckles, the fine lines around my mouth from smiling are gone, and little by little it has totally helped to smoothen out even the deeper scars on my face. I don't even really notice them when I look in the mirror anymore. (I've done about 10-12 peels over the course of a year.) I'm totally happy and I plan to keep on using this for a long time. It won't melt your face off with one use, so don't expect it to get rid of ice pick scars overnight. You might not even really peel that much. I don't, but I attribute that to the fact that I have pretty oily skin still. If I do peel, it's generally like 2 days after the treatment, and it's about the same as having flaky dry skin for a day. During that time, you DO NOT want to pick at it. That's like, bringing you back to ground zero. Don't use anything abrasive on your face, let it fall off naturally. When I do the peel, I do it when I won't have to apply makeup for at least a few hours.

A little note, I started with the 30% peel, and have been at that level for this past year. I still feel the tingly burning so I know it's working, but I'm thinking pretty soon I'll jump it up to the next level and see if that does anything dramatic.

All in all, this stuff is amazing. It definitely doesn't smell all that great, but it works, and I'm really loving the results over time. Especially for the price! I still have half a bottle and my friends tap into it whenever they can get their grimy hands on it. I'm thinking maybe I should start charging, ha!

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE BEFORE/AFTER PICS PLEEEEEEEEASE LET ME SEE! I took some but then I lost my phone before I backed it up, so I lost all my pics. I'd love to hear from you pretty girls ! <3 Thanks and good luck!

on 3/21/2011 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Glycolic Peel is the best for treating mild to moderate acne, rejuvenating skin and reducing under eye circles!!
I had been going through a stressful time and a messy sleeping schedule due to which I got mild acne on my cheeks! it started about 6 months back after which i decided to get it treated...i consulted a dermatologist and she recommended that i should get about 6-8 sessions of this peel! though here it says that it's a home kit but i was really skeptical to purchase and use it myself since it was the first time i ever heard of a chemical peel! Which is why i decided to get it treated and it wasn't that costly! I am done with 5 sessions (have one more to go)... this peel is awesome! not only does it give you fresh youthful glow but also treats acne and acne scars very well....the pimples are gone and now i am left with few scars! I would strongly recommend everyone to go for this instead of a facial at a salon/spa! And also under the supervision of a dermatologist! usually what they do is increase the concentration each passing session....they start off with 5% and go on till 30% or 50% depending on the skin!

I love this stuff.

For a while I was paying $$ to have this done at my esthetician's office when I realized I could probably just do it myself. This got me involved in the world of MUAC so be forewarned.

I don't even use it that regularly but I still get great results. It doesn't burn too much, I just fan myself while I wait. Only once did I burn myself around my nose but that was my fault for trying to blast my pores off my face.

Don't do it the day you're going out, do it about 2-3 days before and you'll be looking fresh faced. I also moisturize like the devil right after, something like emu or argan oil. It's sometimes a little itchy but moisturizing definitely helps. Also, I don't use any retinol products for 24 hours before or after... I made that up myself so I have no idea if you need to do that or not.

My only complaint is that I ran out of neutralizer before I ran out of the peel.

I've been using this for only about 3 weeks now, so I'll have to come back and update if anything changes, but so far I'm extremely satisfied. It's really not too expensive considering how powerful the product is, especially when you compare it to cost of going to a salon or doctor for a peel. I got the 1 oz. size, and I've used maybe 1/8 so far - I would estimate there are about 20 uses in a 1 oz. kit. It came with a little bar of green tea soap, which I like (except for the soapy smell) - it's gentle and cleans thoroughly.

My experience so far has been that it takes almost a week for my skin to completely recover and start really improving in appearance. The first few days after I do a peel, it looks worse than it did before - splotchy, dull, pale, oily in the morning, red spots very prominent - so I wouldn't recommend doing this less than a week before a big date or event of some kind. My skin tends to be oily anyways, so it doesn't get too flaky.

After about 5 days, it starts looking better every day: my pores are much less noticeable; the texture of my skin is much smoother; redness is isolated to a few small, stubborn spots; and my skin looks bright and glowing. No breakouts yet (FYI, I'm also on Solodyn to prevent acne). I can't wait to see how this will continue to improve my skin.

on 2/25/2010 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used 30% Glycolic Acid Peel on my face for he first time to get a brighter fresher look. I also hoped to get rid of any wrinkles. This stuff works good on my Afro-American skin. I was a little nervous about using this product, but I've used if now for the third time. The first time I used it, it was no change to my skin. by the third application it took very well. I actually have skin peeling. I've order the Lactic 30% peel to use next week. I'm very happy with my results.

on 2/2/2010 9:13:00 AM

I am on my 5th week of this peel and I use it along with MUAC's Gly-Luronic serum (anyone with cystic acne needs to try this). I have brand new skin!!!! I had tried the Lactic Acid 40% first and it was nice, but I didn't notice any results that addressed my skin concerns. I am 35 and have suffered with cystic acne since I was a teenager. I am also sensitive so most acne treatments make me flake or are just too harsh. Now that I am older, I am getting some fine lines and sun damage is starting to show a bit.

When I was about 19 I had such a bad outbreak of cystic acne, that I have some medium pock scars on the left side of my face. Compared to my right, my left side had a very bad texture. And once I started to get older, the damage seemed to show up more. I was very depressed about it.

So this is where the peel comes in WOW!!!!!! I see about 60 percent improvement inthe icepick scar. In fact, some days I will look in the mirror and think I am wearing foundation and I'm not! But everything is so even and such a good texture, that I can get away with just wearing sunscreen and a little powder. The really fine lines are gone and the deeper ones are softening up. I do still get a couple of break outs but they are different. Instead of really deep cystic pimples that last for months. They are just normal pimples that dry up in a couple of days (which is FINE compared to what I usually have to deal with). The first week I did have a couple of massive cysts which could have been just brought to the surface by the glycolic acid or could have been developing for months and it was just their time. So be ready, Because you are not going to be clear the first week. But what I did notice was the skin around the break out was glowing and glood and better textured.

I do this peel one a week. I stopped using the prep solution, because I found I didn't really need it. I found that if you exfoliate before using something like Clinique seven day scrub or Origins Modern Friction, youll get a much deeper peel with a more dramatic result. I do notice that my skin is quite sensitive (the sensitivity has increased with the number of peels. the first one i didnt notice much at all) and I have to protect it more with sunscreen and moisture but I have never flaked with this.

My skin care routine is this:

Morning:

Origins Platindote Cleanser (great for sensitive skin but doesnt remove MU)
MUAC Gly-Luronic Serum (exfoliates and gives a glow under makup. My skin is getting sensitive so I use it every other day now)
Origins Platindote Serum (calms reddness and gives moisture)
Clinque City Block SPF 45

Night:
MAC Cleanse-Off oil (takes off all my makeup and sunscreen. doesnt break me out)
Origins Plantidote Toner (very calming)
Orignins Starting Over Oil- Free with Mimosa (night creme for lines)