Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by skin type : Other
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 2/15/2014 9:28:00 AM

This was the next strongest in the MUAC products for me after the Fade Peel, the 25%, The Triple Enzyme. As always I followed the directions to the letter - use a mild cleanser, never apply to irritated skin, do a patch test first, use as directed. I use a washcloth to remove surface oils and apply the PH Prep, which I have just learned is Witchhazel, allowed it to dry, did not rinse off.

I used a timer for this because 30% is a lot for me (sensitive skin) and I am a big chicken when it comes to applying acids to my skin! I did a patch test and waited for the "tingle" but there really was not any discomfort - maybe because I've been off strong cleansers ever since I started using these products - there's really no need for them anymore unless I want to give my skin a quick little treat.

I started at 30 seconds and then slowly progressed to 10 minutes with very little discomfort. My skin was slightly pink and sensitive afterwards and within a few hours I started to notice how soft and clean - read deep down clean - my skin felt. So now the 30% is a weekly treatment for me. I'm not sure if I need anything stronger at this point. This journey for me worked best with weekly applications of peel left on 1 minute longer each time.

It took several months for ALL of my pores to get clear. It's gross, but it must be said - my skin was so clogged from years of gunk that I could never get completely out that I really believe my skin went into some sort of shock and I broke out a bit first before my skin responded and the pores just became more amd more clear each week - especially the pores on my nose. I check my skin every day and night in a magnifying mirror (called the mirror of truth) to see what's going on and I am thrilled to report that I believe I got everything out. I truly believe that I will be foundation optional within the first half of this year. I am overjoyed.

Product shipped quickly. The packaging is plain and funtional.

I have been using this product for three weeks as described in the directions. The results are very good.

My skin is softer and more even toned. In conjunction with some mild otc acne medicine and 10% glycolic acid product, my skin with adult acne looks better than it has in years. The blacheads are almost completely gone.

(Like others, I have a short acne flair-up the day after I use the peel.)

I hope to use stronger peels for acne scarring in the future. I will definitely use this brand.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Got this through a swap and it has completely turned my skin around in a matter of days! I am still repairing the damage caused by use of tretinoids and this got rid of the dry layers on my skin, improved the texture, shrunk my pores, and helped minimize the amount of clogged pores. I was using the 50% formula a while back and that was way too strong for me. It tore up my skin! No joke.
I cleansed my skin with an antibacterial cleanser, then used the prep toner, then applied this liberally for about 4-5 minutes.
I have only used it once but will continue to update. I suspect my skin will only get better.
Other things I started using: Azelex cream and sometimes a glycolic acid gel.

I've been using this peel every week for about a month. I'm NC20 w/oily skin. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I find that this product is harsh, although I do not have sensitive skin. It is much harsher than MUAC's Lactic Acid peel, in my opinion.

I keep this product well away from children and my eye area during use. I can really feel a chemical sting/burn.

That being said, this is a very inexpensive way to do at-home facials. I ordered the sample size from MUAC, which lasts for months of weekly use. I typically wash first with the included green bar, then use the blue neutralizer. I follow with the 30% glycolic. I use a watch to make sure that I don't leave this on for more than 60 seconds.

This product brings my face to a whole new level of clean. It basically takes off any dead skin, encourages fast re-growth of fresh skin and doesn't make my face any oilier.

To avoid the redness that typically occurs after I use it, I've begun to use this only at night so that redness in my skin has calmed down by morning. I follow this with a light moisturizer (Shiesedo The Pureness) and in the a.m. my skin is glowing and ready.

Other products I use: DDF 10% glycolic tonic and Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging cleansing wash (plus the moisturizers & usuals). If I am going to continue to use the MUAC's glycolic peel, one of these cleansing products will have to go---all three together is pretty harsh stuff. But given how effective MUAC's 30% glycolic peel is, it's probably going to be the PTR. I'm going to keep the MUAC in my regimine continued >>

on 12/2/2005 12:23:00 AM

A definite repurchase. As other reviewers state, it is a nice gradual peel. My skin feels smoother and tighter afterwards. I use it about 1-2X week and it clears the pores and smoothes/softens everything out after each use. I got the trial size and it just lasts forever. Slight tingling upon application but otherwise it's pretty nonirritating.

on 2/15/2004 10:35:00 AM

I have been using this peel once a week for 3 weeks now with excellent results! It is easy to use and mild. My skin is noticibly clearer, and has a glowy sheen to it. Blackheads just pop right out, especially around the nose area. I was highly impressed with the speed in which I received my order and the packaging. I ordered on a Monday and had the product by Wednesday!!! This product also came with a free sample bar of their green tea soap all wrapped in a little bag. I just ordered the 40% peel to see how my skin will handle it. Highly Recommend!!!