Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 2/15/2014 9:28:00 AM

This was the next strongest in the MUAC products for me after the Fade Peel, the 25%, The Triple Enzyme. As always I followed the directions to the letter - use a mild cleanser, never apply to irritated skin, do a patch test first, use as directed. I use a washcloth to remove surface oils and apply the PH Prep, which I have just learned is Witchhazel, allowed it to dry, did not rinse off.

I used a timer for this because 30% is a lot for me (sensitive skin) and I am a big chicken when it comes to applying acids to my skin! I did a patch test and waited for the "tingle" but there really was not any discomfort - maybe because I've been off strong cleansers ever since I started using these products - there's really no need for them anymore unless I want to give my skin a quick little treat.

I started at 30 seconds and then slowly progressed to 10 minutes with very little discomfort. My skin was slightly pink and sensitive afterwards and within a few hours I started to notice how soft and clean - read deep down clean - my skin felt. So now the 30% is a weekly treatment for me. I'm not sure if I need anything stronger at this point. This journey for me worked best with weekly applications of peel left on 1 minute longer each time.

It took several months for ALL of my pores to get clear. It's gross, but it must be said - my skin was so clogged from years of gunk that I could never get completely out that I really believe my skin went into some sort of shock and I broke out a bit first before my skin responded and the pores just became more amd more clear each week - especially the pores on my nose. I check my skin every day and night in a magnifying mirror (called the mirror of truth) to see what's going on and I am thrilled to report that I believe I got everything out. I truly believe that I will be foundation optional within the first half of this year. I am overjoyed.

on 10/24/2009 5:18:00 PM

good for oily skin, stronger than the 40% lactic- i liked it. i use it now once a month. cleans out my pores .