Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

4.3

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 6/9/2012 12:33:00 PM

This did not work for my skin. It made me break out with cystic acne and now I am left with about 6 acne marks/scars on my face. In which I am now trying to fade with no luck.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute TRASH. Here's the story:
I went to my dermatologist; an excellent, well-known respected doctor for discoloration on my face. He mixed for me a big bottle of glycolic peel. I used it and within the week the discoloration on my cheek was gone along with the hyperpigmentation I've always had. Skin was remarkably smooth. Had this fabulous, celebrity glow to it. It was beyond a doubt the best skin of my life.
Unfortunately the results didnt last forever. My doctor had a stroke, stopped practicing and was replaced by a young unknowledgeable yahoo.

So I went to MUAC to try and duplicate the results I'd had before. I don't know what the HELL people are talking about! This trash is far from gentle. I followed the direction to a tee and it burned the hell out of me. I only used a few drops and left it on for 2 minutes. Next morning i had these tiny scabs on my face which resulted in what? More white spots. I thought that may have been a fluke so I tried it again on 3/4 different occasions and everytime I get that same crap results. It's not just me. My mom saw it in the bathroom and not knowing what it was decided to put a few drops on. It burned the hell out of her too. And it was pricey....What a waste.

on 9/26/2008 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this about 2 months ago, about 6 peels now. Start around 30seconds now upto 5mins. So far face never peeled or any burns. I do see clearer skin but not much help to brown spots or skin discolouration.
UPDATE*** after using this for 3 months
I did not see much difference except skin getting softer. I stopped using it.

on 11/21/2002 7:51:00 PM

I have glycolic peel (30%) at professional salon every month. I bought it to hope that I can lengthened the period between each visit. The tingling sensation is the same as the one I have at salon, which is MD Formulation. However, both at 30%, MUAC did nothing and MD Formulation fade scar for me.

on 11/15/2001 9:38:00 PM

I've never used chemical peels before, so I bought the trial sized version of the 30% Glycolic Peel Kit, which contained two 1 ounce bottles of a pH Toner Prepping Solution & the actual Peeling Serum itself. Now, I have sensitive skin, so I was very concerned about any adverse side affects. I know that the instructions advise to do a patch test, but I went ahead & applied the glycolic acide to my entire face. It did sting very, very slightly & it wasn't painful like how I imagined it would be. My eyes did water a little bit, so I steered clear from applying the serum near my eyes. After using the Peel for about 2 weeks (I applied it a total of 7 times), I do notice a difference in my skin. My acne scars on my cheek have faded slightly & it has prevented new breakouts from occurring & I also have fewer blackheads on my nose. I takes time to see the results, so don't expect miracles to occur in just one peel. It's so gentle, yet it gets the job done.

UPDATE: 12/15/2001
For the first several weeks, my skin started to look really great, but after continued peels, I began to break out. Not the average pimple, but large, deep blemishes! It left my skin with dark brown spots on my cheek! I think my skin was too sensitive for this specific peel.

on 10/20/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Helps smooth out skin but didn't help with hyperpigmentation. My skin tolerated the 30% very well so I would do this every 5 days and leave it on for 10-12 mins. I finished the bottle but wasn't satisfied with the results. Now moving on to the 50%

on 4/2/2012 5:27:00 PM

After having this done in a salon as a birthday treat to myself last year I went online looking for more information and found the at home peel. After reading all of the reviews I decided to give it a shot. I'm on week 5 and decided to write this review after a slight reaction. Weeks 1-4 were fine and I usually went a minute or two longer. The tingling is what I'd call a cool stinging sensation and not painful. I just fan myself with a magazine for a little cool air. About day 2 after each application my skin starts to 'purge' (nothing major just some blemishes) but then clears up within a day leaving my skin feeling nice and I think it looks 'fresher'. Week 5 I got brave and went right from 8 minutes to 12. 2 days go by and I wake up with little bumps scattered across my cheeks and forehead. They were so small you couldn't even see them unless you were staring at my face 2 inches away (which I made my husband do). They did not itch and were not red or painful, I just learned my lesson, skipped this week and will resume at the 8 minute mark next week. Will withhold final Overall Rating until I'm done with sample size.

on 10/25/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hi...This is more of a warning to others than a review...I have oily, acne prone skin and it's not very sensitive...Ive used this about 5 times with no problem upto 10 minutes..Been using Retin A for the past 2 weeks and didnt even think to check on interaction...Well I used it again and this time, got a few nice burns....So warning to any other dummies out there, if youve recently introduced retin a, dont use this, at least not for 10 minutes. I didnt even feel the burning until afterwards... The retin A thins your skin I guess, which I should have known, Ive been on accutane twice...but again didnt even realize....so just keep that in mind!
Also as a side note, I didnt get all the wonderful benefits others have gotten from this...My skin is really stubborn acne prone skin and dont know what will work on it :(

I got the sample size and it worked really well for the first month. On my fifth time using it, I accidently put on too much in certain spot, and i got burned. my skin got brown (like it was sunburned) and then peeled over the next three days on the spot when i was burned by the acid. Due to that bad experience, i stopped using the peel. For future users, please be careful of burning your skin.

on 5/12/2015 4:49:00 PM

this is my first review ever! through being a massive lover of makeup alley and finding this product on here i decided to buy a few MUAC products.
I'm 22 and have had acne for 2 years and its progressively got worse, I've never suffered with acne through my teen years my skin was beautiful now it is a complete mess, i have active acne ALWAYS and the scarring on my face is ridiuclus. i have spots on my cheeks that have been there for YEARS! NO JOKE.
i bought this peel and the tca so hopefully il be able to use that in the coming months once my skin gets used to this,
I've only used this once and the results already are ridiculously good. my face overall is so shiny ( i have dry skin so wow ) the spots i have have decreased massively and the scars i had on my cheeks along with the acne are literally starting to disappear already.
I've only used it once so maybe this review is premature but wow.
I've heard only good things about muac I'm so excited to use the rest of their line ( it cost me 50 to be delivered and customs to uk ) I've tried absolutely everything there is to try trust me, the amount of products i have is silly.
so excited to carry on this peel I'm guna make it a weekly thing!
I've only give it a 4/5 just because I've only used it once so I'm sure il be back with the results in a few weeks ! :)