Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by age: 19-24
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

3.7

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This, in conjunction with other MUAC peels like the Mandelic/Salicylic and the 40% lactic acid, have done a 360 degree of change in my skin. However, as I have informed myself and have become aware of chemistry, skin responses and effects, and how my skin maintenance products function, I truly believe this is the star of the show. Before this, the peels I used previously did work, but I constantly had to depend on them (and thus be open to future skin resistance and perhaps sensibility) which I did not desire. Also, the results would not last long and the problems would persist, namely that I had problems finding appropriate skin maintenance products and my skin wouldn't cooperate with any moisturizer, regardless of price, texture, or an ingredient omitted. To me is the Assistant Director in the film production that is my skin care routine. The Hulk in my Avengers. The bread in my PB&J. It has made everything make sense and function seamlessly. It resolves that which the others cannot in a timely and efficient manner. ALWAYS.

After each use my skin looks refined, pristine, and radiant, like a baby's tushie. My skin care products actually work now and I've had no more problems with finding a moisturizer. I no longer increase the time I leave it on as the weeks progress, as my skin doesn't react well to that method. I only leave it on for 4-6 minutes, never more. This method does leave me with a nice, subtle but marked radiance to my skin, despite it not promising so. No purging, no peeling, just an overall refreshment. Doesn't help with clogged pores on nose unfortunately. I look forward to using it every time. Along with the Mandelic/Salicylic, a big and enthusiastic 5/5. If I had to pick, I'd pick this one wholeheartedly(since it does refine the skin and it is less evident. The salicylic/mandelic eradicates hormonal acne almost immediately) but please, focus on your main concern first then go from there.

on 5/12/2015 4:49:00 PM

this is my first review ever! through being a massive lover of makeup alley and finding this product on here i decided to buy a few MUAC products.
I'm 22 and have had acne for 2 years and its progressively got worse, I've never suffered with acne through my teen years my skin was beautiful now it is a complete mess, i have active acne ALWAYS and the scarring on my face is ridiuclus. i have spots on my cheeks that have been there for YEARS! NO JOKE.
i bought this peel and the tca so hopefully il be able to use that in the coming months once my skin gets used to this,
I've only used this once and the results already are ridiculously good. my face overall is so shiny ( i have dry skin so wow ) the spots i have have decreased massively and the scars i had on my cheeks along with the acne are literally starting to disappear already.
I've only used it once so maybe this review is premature but wow.
I've heard only good things about muac I'm so excited to use the rest of their line ( it cost me 50 to be delivered and customs to uk ) I've tried absolutely everything there is to try trust me, the amount of products i have is silly.
so excited to carry on this peel I'm guna make it a weekly thing!
I've only give it a 4/5 just because I've only used it once so I'm sure il be back with the results in a few weeks ! :)

on 5/26/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just to give you a bit of info on my skin. I have vitiligo, moderate acne (thanks to a hormonal IUD), sun spots. I'm also an obsessive skin picker, so that moderate acne looks swollen, red, and scabby all the time. I hate my skin to a point I sometimes hide at home because my skin is just that bad.
My cheeks are GLOWING and soft and gorgeous.
So, i left it on for about 4 minutes. I washed my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant Brigtening Cleanser (I think it's important to use a gentle cleanser before any peel). Then I applied rubbing alcohol to my face (and no I don't recommend doing this normally, I just wanted to remove all oils from my face). Then I used the included PH prep (which is just witch hazel, don't repurchase this, not worth it), allowed it to air dry completely. I applied a thin layer (really, the peel itself is so watery you can't apply a very thick layer anyway) of the peel on my face. It stung more than the lactic acid peel, but nothing scary. What did make me nervous was how red parts of my face got, but this went away about an hour once I'd removed the peel. I left it on for about four minutes, then rinsed it off with only water and an included honey and oatmeal soap sample they included.
I love this, it's already an HG for me.
UPDATE: Still loving this. Acne hyperpigmentation is a thing of the past, and if I feel a pimple growing under my skin, I just use this peel, seems to fix it.
UPDATE #2: This is AMAZING for BACK ACNE and scarring! Like AMAZEBALLS. I've suffered from cystic back acne (long story) for about three years now, I thought I was condemned to a life of sleeves and no tube tops... NOPE. Put this on my back (for 12 mins, since I figured skin there is tougher), same process as above... I'm getting COMPLIMENTS from coworkers, my husband, etc, about how my back has cleared up in about three week's time. I literally feel NO new pimples growing under my skin. This is an official all around HG for me.
UPDATE #3: SKIN SAVER, but to give more details... this peel takes time. I'll compare if with the lactic acid peel as I used both of these most often. The lactic acid peel gives you a more immediate difference, but it did little for my acne and acne hyperpigmentation, and overall, after a while, my skin stopped improving and the acne came back with a vengeance. Not so with the glycolic peel; even though it doesn't give you such strong "glowiness" immediately post peel as with the lactic acid, your skin keeps improving for weeks, and it doesn't burn your skin. As I write this, my face that started with about 36 strong acne hyperpigmentation marks and a plethora of other pimples, I now have two acne marks, and just one tiny forehead pimple, and my last peel was three weeks ago. I don't have to "keep up" with the constant peels to feel the effects of this acid, so, I overall recommend this one more. For sun spots though, the lactic acid is better.

on 10/20/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Helps smooth out skin but didn't help with hyperpigmentation. My skin tolerated the 30% very well so I would do this every 5 days and leave it on for 10-12 mins. I finished the bottle but wasn't satisfied with the results. Now moving on to the 50%

So I've been struggling with acne for as long as I can remember. I saw a couple dermatologists and nothing they ever gave me to take or put on my skin helped. Most time it actually made it worse! So a friend of my husbands married a dermatologist, she recommended that I buy a G peel off line and use it. She suggested the 60% for my skin (my skin was horrible could not put a finger on my skin with out touching a pimple) Also suggested that I may be allergic to salicylic acid. So I'm using Cetaphil soap cause it so gentle. The first time she showed me how to apply it (the peel), then I took over from then on. The first time I did it it didn't burn or anything. Then after my skin I broke out even more. Then for 2 months I did a peel every 2 weeks. As i did the peels I only saw minimal peeling, every time I would do a peel it would pull out everything in my skin (seemed a never ending) bringing everything to a head. Sometimes scabbing over. But slowly my skin is healing and clearing. Now 4 months later i do one peel a month and my skin is all most completely clear (to me its beautiful because of how it was before) Also every time I did it I would leave it on for 6 mins, after the first time it did start burning you want to scratch your skin! Then I'd wash off with my soap. It was trying, a lot of days not aloud to wear makeup, with a red face, of peeling skin... But for me it was worth it.
*** I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING THE 60% UNLESS DIRECTED BY A DOCTOR, AS I WAS.***
If the products your using dont work or make it worse you may consider you may be allergic. I would reccomend the Cetaphil! Just because you have acne doesn't mean only "acne products" will work.

on 3/21/2011 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Glycolic Peel is the best for treating mild to moderate acne, rejuvenating skin and reducing under eye circles!!
I had been going through a stressful time and a messy sleeping schedule due to which I got mild acne on my cheeks! it started about 6 months back after which i decided to get it treated...i consulted a dermatologist and she recommended that i should get about 6-8 sessions of this peel! though here it says that it's a home kit but i was really skeptical to purchase and use it myself since it was the first time i ever heard of a chemical peel! Which is why i decided to get it treated and it wasn't that costly! I am done with 5 sessions (have one more to go)... this peel is awesome! not only does it give you fresh youthful glow but also treats acne and acne scars very well....the pimples are gone and now i am left with few scars! I would strongly recommend everyone to go for this instead of a facial at a salon/spa! And also under the supervision of a dermatologist! usually what they do is increase the concentration each passing session....they start off with 5% and go on till 30% or 50% depending on the skin!

I've been using this for only about 3 weeks now, so I'll have to come back and update if anything changes, but so far I'm extremely satisfied. It's really not too expensive considering how powerful the product is, especially when you compare it to cost of going to a salon or doctor for a peel. I got the 1 oz. size, and I've used maybe 1/8 so far - I would estimate there are about 20 uses in a 1 oz. kit. It came with a little bar of green tea soap, which I like (except for the soapy smell) - it's gentle and cleans thoroughly.

My experience so far has been that it takes almost a week for my skin to completely recover and start really improving in appearance. The first few days after I do a peel, it looks worse than it did before - splotchy, dull, pale, oily in the morning, red spots very prominent - so I wouldn't recommend doing this less than a week before a big date or event of some kind. My skin tends to be oily anyways, so it doesn't get too flaky.

After about 5 days, it starts looking better every day: my pores are much less noticeable; the texture of my skin is much smoother; redness is isolated to a few small, stubborn spots; and my skin looks bright and glowing. No breakouts yet (FYI, I'm also on Solodyn to prevent acne). I can't wait to see how this will continue to improve my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So far so good with this product! Here is my story: I was experiencing the worst breakout I have ever had on my lower cheeks of deep cystic acne that my normal routine would not touch. What was worse was that the pimples were very swollen and left terrible hyperpigmentation behind so even when the pimples cleared my skin still looked like a disaster. I have been using it for a week and have done 3 peels (one every 3 or 4 days for 10 minutes) and this has reduced the amount of pimples by probably 40%! It has also greatly reduced the new hyperpigmentation, though old marks remain. I also got their 12.5% TCA peel which I am planning on using in the upcoming week to deal with old marks.

I have been experiencing some new pimples due to the "deep cleansing" process as described by MUAC but they heal very quickly. I did experience some dryness and flaking the day after the 2nd peel but this is probably because I am using it twice as often as suggested. My most recent peel I had no dryness.

*Note* My normal routine includes a 10% glycolic acid lotion and I have deep olive and fairly thick skin so I would not recommend my way of using this peel to those with sensitive, thin skin or people who do not use glycolic acid regularly. Instead follow MUAC's directions.

on 4/13/2008 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love IT! This product along with their 20% Vitamin C Serum has completely cleared my acne! Follow the directions though and use it consistently. I went a month without using it because my skin looked great. I did a peel after I noticed I was breaking out. Well, I must have gotten too comfortable with the product and left it on way too long and it totally burned my skin. I looked like a beet. Luckily I don't have real sensitive skin and it is back to normal color. It will also bring any breakouts you are about to have to the surface so be prepared. (Another reason to use it consistently!) Please read the directions!! 1 min may not seem like a long enough time for it to work but trust me it is working. Besides that it is better to have to wait and do another one a little longer a week later than to scar up your face and have to pay for a professional to fix it. They are not cheap and if you're buying these peels online you probably don't have money like that to burn so BE PATIENT :-)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute TRASH. Here's the story:
I went to my dermatologist; an excellent, well-known respected doctor for discoloration on my face. He mixed for me a big bottle of glycolic peel. I used it and within the week the discoloration on my cheek was gone along with the hyperpigmentation I've always had. Skin was remarkably smooth. Had this fabulous, celebrity glow to it. It was beyond a doubt the best skin of my life.
Unfortunately the results didnt last forever. My doctor had a stroke, stopped practicing and was replaced by a young unknowledgeable yahoo.

So I went to MUAC to try and duplicate the results I'd had before. I don't know what the HELL people are talking about! This trash is far from gentle. I followed the direction to a tee and it burned the hell out of me. I only used a few drops and left it on for 2 minutes. Next morning i had these tiny scabs on my face which resulted in what? More white spots. I thought that may have been a fluke so I tried it again on 3/4 different occasions and everytime I get that same crap results. It's not just me. My mom saw it in the bathroom and not knowing what it was decided to put a few drops on. It burned the hell out of her too. And it was pricey....What a waste.