Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Chanel No.5

2.9

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The smell is ok I just think for being Chanel it would be a lot better. Get Chance by Chanel instead.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was first given to me by a friend someone gave her but the smell was too strong for her and she kept sneezing she said she felt like she couldn't breathe whatever. Anyways I'm really indifferent about this fragrance I don't love it I don't hate it. But I do prefer Coco mademoiselle

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I so badly wanted to love this because it is such an iconic fragrance. In fact, I even wore it to my wedding (mostly because the bottle looks so timeless in photos). I don't love it though. I kind of like it. Kind of. It smells like old lady, its way too intense (I have the EDP) and it hurts my nose in the first few hours. After a while though, it mellows out and smells quite nice (although still not something I'd choose considering how many other options there are out there). I'm keeping it though for those days when I want to smell really mature and classy, because it IS classy and so iconic; just not sure if it is true to my personality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Can't believe I paid so much for this!!!

Not "old lady," but not the trendy, fruity/floral stuff we're use to today. Some others described it like this.

I just didn't like the smell. It wasn't horrid but it wasn't worth the 120 dollars I paid for this!!

on 10/28/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never understand the hype behind this, it smells of old people? Except it being Chanel, I don't see how it's got so many glowing reviews...

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This isn't as terrible as some people make it out it be. I don't like powdery scents and this, while light, is heavy on the powder.

on 9/3/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I understand that CHANEL N.5 is in all likelihood, the ultimate classic perfume. HOWEVER, I have a hard time really liking it. For someone like myself, just shy of 21, it is far too mature a scent for me. I just don't believe that anyone under the age of 30 can truly and appropriately pull this off. It is oppressively strong. Just one spritz is all you need and all anyone else around you really needs either! It is VERY easy to offend others with Chanel fragrances because they are so concentrated. A spritz or two is sufficient. This is my mother's signature scent and on her it just works. Also, there is a certain aesthetic that should be maintained while wearing Chanel perfume, I believe. Please don't wear this scent if you're going to put on sweatpants and a t-shirt or something! A dignified, put together perfume calls for a dignified, put together outfit. I'll give this one another shot in about 20 years. I have no doubt it'll still be around.

Popular Fragrances