Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.8

on 4/23/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This perfume, is the perfume I think about when I hear the words Confident, Woman, Strong, Elegant, Chic, Seductive, Classy, Mysterious. I even tend to move around a bit slower than usual when I have it on, in an attempt to gain more elegance and grace in my movements. In my honest opinion, you shouldn't wear this until you reach a certain age (24-25) as this perfume will definitely wear you instead and you will smell like you've been playing with mom's stuff.
This perfume is the one I want to keep growing up with and grow old with. When I think about my marriage, honeymoon, special date with my husband, this is the scent I want to have on. It's the fragrance I would like to have on at my own funerals.
Chanel No 5 is a 100% perfect for me, in every single way...on the very top of my list.
Do I need to say that I will buy this again?

on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Elegant ,classic,pricey but I love it

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

STINKS and is HEAVILY OVERRATED!! This is very powdery and old fashioned smelling. This is another scent that is getting sales on it's name alone. If this wasn't "CHANEL" this would have been gone years ago, but people will buy it just to say they have Chanel Number 5. I would be embarrased to wear this in public for fear it would arrive in the room before I did. This is the perfume equivalent to Japanese Cherry Blossom by BBW and Lord knows that mess is stankin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING winter smell.
pure luxury in a bottle! love love love

on 8/15/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I got this perfume as a present and liked it...at first. However the dry down on me was off putting. It just stank on me! I gave it to a friend who loves it & it smells really good on her. Lovely perfume, just doesn't work on my body chemistry

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This review is completely based on my opinion as to how it smells on me...on my mother, it seems to take on a really sophisticated, grown, warm scent that was just made for her. On me...it's just...weird. Strong, TOO mature for my tastes...(seems matronly on me for some reason) and chemical-y. So, to each her own, though on anyone, I would advise spritzing with discretion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I probably can't say anything about this controversial scent that hasn't been said before but here is my read on *my* skin: it's a newspaper with a touch of smoke in the background, then a bouquet of roses and a snifter of whiskey that dries down into powdery violets that blow away into a vanilla sky. It feels like a silk scarf or a fedora or cashmere-lined gloves. It's mysterious and personal and I can see why it is both beloved and hated. If you can, resist the marketing and make up your mind for yourself with a smell or the parfum or edt. As far as the derivative soaps and lotions? Not worth it, in my opinion.

on 10/6/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I agree with Lucene about this fragrance. Reviewing this EDP based on the first spritz is what I think a lot of dissatisfied reviewers are doing. I can see how a person would think this smells "old ladyish" after spraying it. But the true scent emerges maybe a good 30 minutes to an hour after applying. It dries to a soft vanilla powdery scent thats not at all cutesy or girly, but all woman. I am glad I purchased this!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I know that this is extremely popular but to me, it smells REALLY bad. I've tried it on several occasions but it reaks. It's a very pungent and old scent. Yuck!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I always wondered about No.5 because of its mythical reputation. Last year I bought the EDP for my grandmother's birthday. The fragrance smelt nice but was much more suitable for an older lady to wear, so I just forgot about it. Until last week when I tried the EDT which smells very different. I tried it out because in 'The Perfume Guide' by Turin and Sanchez it is mentioned that all the No.5 formulations smell different and they surely do. The EDT feels a lot younger and is suitable for a 21 year-old to wear, the drydown actually reminded me of Guerlain's l'Heure Bleue. All in all, it's a beautiful fragrance.

Popular Fragrances