Chanel No.5

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Chanel No.5

3.6

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Meh. I hate to say that, but just meh. My husband likes this and he bought it for me so I wear it for him because I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I would not buy it for myself. To me it's very boring and one-dimensional. I smell "generic rose" and that's pretty much it. And it doesn't last long either, at least on me. Granted, I have the eau de toilette, but if I had a longer-lasting version I don't think I'd feel any better about it, because then I would just smell boring longer. Honestly I'm not really sure how it's going to be such a classic. Maybe because it's not offensive. Don't get me wrong: #5 doesn't smell bad; it just doesn't smell interesting to me, and I prefer more interesting perfumes. Especially for what it costs.

on 10/5/2016 4:52:00 PM

Love! This review is for the eau de toilette. The formula has changed and is easier to wear for me than in years past. I did appreciate the older formula, but found it too formal for most occasions. This is sparkling yet not loud.

on 12/27/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute HG fragrance. There is nothing lovelier on the market. I tried this fragrance in my 20's and it didn't really appeal to me. I recently tried it again, now 40, and I want to kick myself for not trying it sooner. It epitomizes femininity and sophiatication. It is fresh aND clean. I have also tried the edt and eau premiere, but the eau de parfum is my absolute favorite, by far and works best with my body chemistry.

on 8/14/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is for the le parfume(aka really expensive version), I really like this except for the price this version is also less common. Also It's not a spray but a dabbed.

on 8/6/2015 8:34:00 AM

This is kind of a heady scent, a little old lady like, but there is something about it that is just so intriguing. I received a second-hand bottle of it, but I cannot help but to come back to it every so often. I like to wear this out to dinner- it has that romantic, old-school going out vibe. Although I certainly appreciate the bottle that I have, I would not repurchase because there are so many other scents I want to try!

I love this and I'm only 20. I think it smells so cozy and woodsy on my skin. Also, whats with all the "eww grandma" comments? Thats so rude. Whats wrong with grandmas or old people, we all get old?

on 4/24/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The thing with Chanel No 5 is that it really is acquired taste, especially on our time when the sweetest the fragrance the most acceptable from the general population.

There is also much talk about how reformulations ruined the once glorious No 5 so I got a vintage splash bottle of Eau de Cologne recently waiting for some kind of revelation like the one I had after experiencing both vintage Samsara and the current one. The opening is holy aldehydes galore and with prominent lemon and bergamot. As it evolves on the skin it becomes more powdery but not overpowering. There is noticeable musk at the drydown and it's incredibly well blended so I can't pinpoint individual notes but it never really warms up before fading.

That said, I appreciate it as piece of history since Chanel No 5 was something really novel for the time - and still very elegant in a tender, nostalgic way - but I'm mainly an oriental lover and my Chanel will always be Coco EDP. No 5 just feels totally out of place on my skin. It really is a fragrance for a true lady. Just not this lady ;)

on 3/2/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always love having a bottle this in the Parum Spray. However, the No. 5 body crme is unbelievable! Just a teeny, tiny dab give fabulous fragrance. My husband loves this. I put a very small amount on a week and two days ago and my after-bath sweats still smell No. 5.

on 12/13/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Chanel No.5 was the very first fragrance that I purchased for myself when I was about 14 yrs old,I'm now 50..I've dabbled in other more trendy fragrances,but they're either to rich smelling or to cheap..I disagree that No 5 is old lady,strong and absolutely not cheap smelling..chemically I can understand at first,this is because it's an Adelhydic fragrance..I receive compliments every time I wear it.My daughter who if 16 loves it,but then again she's never enjoyed Body Splashes or the "Paris Hilton" perfumes...It's an elegant fragrance,drys powdery..It's beautiful!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I was young I didnt like this perfume. I thought it was for mature women. However, when I turned 50 years old I bought it and I felt in love with it. At my age I find it very sensual and sophisticated. It is not my signature scent, but I use it on special occasions. Certainly is a perfume that I return to buy when it's over.

Popular Fragrances