Chanel No.5

Filtered by eye Color : Violet
Chanel No.5

Eyes: Violet

musky metallic scent with too much alcohol. It dries to a baby powder musky scent. One of the most disturbing thing about this fragrant that triggered nausea for me was the dead civet as the secret perfume ingredient for Chanel No. 5. Old perfumes of the past usually are expensive mostly because it contains excrements from the butt of the cat like cute cuddly animal called civet. Civets are endangered species that live in Asia and African, sometimes are kept as house pets. These furry animals are sometimes referred to as "toddycats". Basically the animal has to be killed in order to extract this special juice from it's anus(butt hole) to produce this type of special musk for Chanel No 5 and various other older perfumes. This fragrance has been around since Marilyn Monroe. Now they are trying to bring it back to modern time by advertising all over magazines and ads at the mall. I would never use the spray bottle because it has too much alcohol. I don't see how these old ancient perfumes can compete except for the baby boomer demographic. yes my mum used to wear channel 5 too. I too thought it was the most beautiful thing back then because I didn't know any other perfume existed. Now there are the body shop, victoria's secret, etc. Seriously, there weren't much women's perfume selection back then like there are now. The old perfumes tend to be very strong, acrid, sharp, head ache induced, chemical smell. Some women falsely believe that the more of this stuff they have on, the sexier they are. When in fact, young healthy women , as long as they keep a good personal hygiene smells naturally beautiful and only need a light fragrant to enhance their magnetism. Strong perfume is like wearing a pound of makeup to change your look to a completely different species. Not sexy.

on 1/3/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

This was a revolutionary product. If you are at all interested in perfumery, please read up on the development/marketing.

I feel it kind of led to the destruction of natural perfumery, but that's just my conspiracy theory.

Okay, I used to adore it. It has that synthetic, headache-inducing powder scent. You really cannot identify any notes unless you try very hard. It's designed that way purposely.

It's a pretty scent that men seem to adore and women look up to. I get treated differently by sales associates when I wear this perfume. It's got status behind it, if nothing else.

It's terribly expensive. It has lasting power, and the dry-down is pleasant--a musky vanilla baby powder.

Recently I've found I'm allergic to it and get a runny nose whenever I wear it. I am pretty sure when I was 18 I asked for it for graduation because Marilyn Monroe swore by it and because of all of the glamour surrounding the stuff.

I might buy it again one day, for nostalgia. It's the first perfume my almost-husband smelled on me, so there's that!

If you're looking for a delicate yet strong and *very* feminine smell, go for it. Just don't put on too much, please. For the sake of your fellow diners/elevator riders/co-workers!

Eyes: Violet

I am in my early 20's and I love, love this perfume. It is feminine and sexy.. and very classy. I do not think it is for everyone though, especially not teenagers! It is a nice break from many of the fruity/excessivly floral scents that are so popular presently. Plus, Miss Monroe loved it so I'm sold ;)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

The bottle alone is the very epitome of elegance and sophistication; a true classic fragrance. While Chanel No 5 isn't my all time favorite, it is one of those timeless perfumes that never go out of style and that linger long after the scent is first spritzed on. Although I prefer Coco, Allure and Chance, I will always wear this fragrance and it will never be discontinued of that you can be sure!

Popular Fragrances