Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 11/29/2017 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's weird as 10 years back I really didn't like No 5, not at all actually. Meanwhile, I don't know why, but I really started to love the unique note No 5 has. I still don't own the orginial scent as it is just too heavy for my nose although I actually like it. There is something that is disturbing the main note in it, I guess it's lily of the valley. But, I'm so happy that Chanel decided to create new kinds of No 5, and I found Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere to be the perfect No 5 for me. Fresher, lighter, without the heave lily of the valley note, and still the unique aldehyde No 5 note I like so much.

on 5/12/2016 11:31:00 AM

Purchased a 3.4 oz EDP for myself, as I turned 56 today - - splurge, yes, but best ever. It's a timeless classic with a fragrance that lingers all day. The dry down is phenomenol. I only sprayed on 2 different pulse points and wow, this bottle will last a long time! No wonder it's all Marilyn Monroe wore to bed!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just purchased the Chanel No.5 body oil and I am in loooove!! I'm sad that it's limited edition thou because I would love to be able to repurchase when I run out of this bottle. Here is my video that includes this lovely product:

What can I say, I've sampled this fragrance in different versions for years and the verdict is in. The vintage eau de cologne is the absolute best! I am totally seduced by this fragrance, It's 5 star for sure. This is what the hype was all about! It has been discontinued unfortunately. The modern No. 5 is a about a 3 star. I have an edp from 06 or 07 and in all honestly, I tried to like it and used it a few times and every time I end up not happy with the end result. I really don't care for it much in this formulation, it's too bitter and chemical and doesn't seem to warm up to my skin, this one doesn't work for me. They are all different scents in each one you know, No. 5. The edt and modern parfum are nice, but I need a vintage perfume because I know it will be marvelous and of course as much edc I can find. I will settle for a vintage edt to lol! For those who think the perfumes are too strong you may like the bath soaps and lotions, they are wonderful. The scent is not for everyone, Thank God!

on 9/4/2015 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as a gift. I realize scent is subjective, but to me this smells like diaper cream and I can't stand it. I really like Chance by Chanel and was able to exchange the No. 5 for a bottle of Chance. I don't understand all the fuss about this perfume. But to many women it's iconic. I'll leave it to them.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The smell is ok I just think for being Chanel it would be a lot better. Get Chance by Chanel instead.

Finally I have tried a sample of the legend , and collected the courage to add my own review , this is not a scent , this is a legendary character , I feel it's alive ! ..That's why you should wait for the right time till you can deal with it ..To all young girls , or those who haven't had the story of their life yet , wait & see ...I should also add it's a shape shifting perfume , the Mystique of the x -character , It kind of gives you the shape & conduct you have always have been a bit timid to do or try ..
Update I wore it to the most life changing date of my life and it stood up exactly to its great reputation :) Ladies , this is the scent you wear when you have the story of your life , this is not just something nice to add or play with ..Merci Mademoiselle Chanel for 100 years of encouraging women to be just feminine and being THEM :)

on 5/5/2014 10:27:00 AM

I wore this on my wedding day and I love it. Floral rose with powder and a hint of spice- very classic and almost old-world, if you will. Reminds me of Europe!!

Lots of people think this is old-ladyish, too powdery, too strong - heard all of that and more. I think it is imperative that one a) not put too much of this on, regardless of formulation b) WAIT for the fragrance to settle (at least an hour, maybe two), and c) wear it for at least 3 days, through different humidity before you make your decision. If you hate it right off the bat, I get that, BUT this is a scent that really takes a long time to settle down and and I find it smells different in different weather.

I love this stuff, wear it often and it takes a very small amount - even with the EDT. I've used the EDT and EDP, and I actually like the EDT a bit better - but that may be too that I have the EDT in a vintage refillable from the 70s. (I love vintage).

Anyway, everyone should try it - and give it a chance - it's a classic for a good reason.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I will forever purchase Chanel no. 5 as this is the first fragrance I received from my mother as a teen.

Chanel No 5 is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance. This is my classic go to scent because I love to smell fresh and powdery. I layer the fragrance along with the body mist and velvet body cream.

on 12/1/2013 7:28:00 AM

It is very difficult to write a review for such an iconic fragrance that must have a left a trace in almost every perfume lovers life, be it positive or negative. I have seen people who perceive it as the utmost expression of sex appeal, it was Monroe’s fragrance!, people who perceive as a symbol of proper, classic chic as well as people who run for the hills as soon as they hear the name. Here on MUA, it is one of the most reviewed fragrances with 894 reviews in 12 years whereas it is not among the top 10 favourite fragrances of any age group. Still, with so many variations, formulations and reformulations over the years, I do not think these offer us a clear-cut idea about No.5 as trying to find out who is talking about which formulation could be a long-winded pursuit. Perhaps it is the best to try it to discover whether you love it, hate it or are indifferent.

My own experience over the years shows me that I definitely prefer newer formulations of Chanel 5 because I have a big difficulty with civet and modernised versions are definitely cleaner – although for some of us, also lacking character. Today, I perceive Chanel No. 5 as a very very attractive aldehydic fragrance that is somewhere between aldehydes with more of a vintage feel – my dear Farouche- and those with a cleaner vibe – my beloved Rive Gauche. Somewhere between these two, Chanel No.5 manages to handle both formal situations and casual jeans and a white shirt extremely well. On my skin aldehydes create a clean, radiant vibe which is not sharp at all. Together with a softspoken rose, Chanel No. 5 becomes both very comfortable and elegant, with some very expensive floral soap feeling somewhere. It is not as golden or luxurious as Amouage Gold or Caleche and neither is it as white as Rive Gauche. If it were a colour, I think it would be bronze with rosy undertones. I can see how it may become a skin scent for some while it is worn like jewellery by others.

It is soft with low sillage on my skin - I use No.5 cautiously- but has good lasting power.

Popular Fragrances